Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Penalized for Pre-Ordering

So. Yet again, Verizon Wireless is an epic fail.
    My bb10, pre-ordered on March 15, was shipped out yesterday fed ex, due to arrive 3/29 by 7pm.
    Wow.
    Just wow.
    So had i not "pre-ordered" i could have gone to the Verizon store today and walked out with the bb10 in hand.
    So my "REWARD" for pre-ordering, is being penalized a day and a half on getting the phone.
    Gee, thanks Verizon.

Maybe Verizon should check into gamestop's pre-order program, and learn about "rewarding" customers? Just a thought!

: )

Anyone else frustrated with Verizon today?
    Last edited by joymariah041; 03-28-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I did same. Talked to Verizon rep in store and he will enabled my upgrade in store this morning and will get me a phone to walk out with then I'll return the preorder
    joymariah041 likes this.

Global Posts
    30,891 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Developers who picked the Verizon model are still waiting also. All of our friends are getting their bright shinny LE's and we are still waiting for our Verizon models.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by joymariah041 View Post
    So. Yet again, Verizon Wireless is an epic fail.
    My bb10, pre-ordered on March 15, was shipped out yesterday fed ex, due to arrive 3/29 by 7pm.
    Wow.
    Just wow.
    So had i not "pre-ordered" i could have gone to the Verizon store today and walked out with the bb10 in hand.
    So my "REWARD" for pre-ordering, is being penalized a day and a half on getting the phone.
    Gee, thanks Verizon.

Maybe Verizon should check into gamestop's pre-order program, and learn about "rewarding" customers? Just a thought!

: )

Anyone what frustrated with Verizon today?
    Same here, this will be the last time I do a Pre-order with verizon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333385ac

Unacceptable. Pre-order for the PRIVILEGE to not get the device on the release date...WOW! And to keep the devs outta the game as well is just bad business. These phones have been operational on VZW for long enough that it could have been in hand before AT&T and T-Mobile. But as VZW's email lied to us ("Be the first to own a Z10") why would this be any different? Verizon keeps riding on its coverage, and that won't always work. Treat your customers like you care, they will support you. Care not, they will leave you.

Seriously considering leaving the network...
    w/a Playbook and BB, do you need anything else?
    Thanked by:
    joymariah041 (03-28-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jordanc76 View Post
    Treat your customers like you care, they will support you. Care not, they will leave you.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    Thanked by 2:
    Alphax45 (03-28-2013),  jordanc76 (03-28-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

149.00 at Walmart! Yikes-o-rama!
    mrfreeze574 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts

Join the club! It was like moving a mountain to get ATT to even acknowledge that there was a new device in the offing. We were between reps and when our new rep took over he helped out and as a result we will be adding several new lines. A person understands the importance of customers but a corporation may be a"person" but it is a dumb person. I went through worse when I was trying to buy a Microsoft Surface -- you would have thought I was trying to steal it! What preorder meant to them was they'd put you on their backorder list while they trawled for new customers with units in stores and available online. According to MS, as a preorder customer, if I wanted a Surface in the weeks after it's release my only option was to order a second one which I could have right away.

Posted via CB10
    Z10, 10.0.10.684 -- Playbook 64gb, 2.1.0.1032 and Surface Pro 128
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Unacceptable. Pre-order for the PRIVILEGE to not get the device on the release date...WOW! And to keep the devs outta the game as well is just bad business. These phones have been operational on VZW for long enough that it could have been in hand before AT&T and T-Mobile. But as VZW's email lied to us ("Be the first to own a Z10") why would this be any different? Verizon keeps riding on its coverage, and that won't always work. Treat your customers like you care, they will support you. Care not, they will leave you.

Seriously considering leaving the network...
    Well said!

I'm considering leaving the network too!
    Wanna come with me?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333385ac

Well said!

I'm considering leaving the network too!
    Wanna come with me?
    With an offer like this...maybe!

BlackBerry Z10 for AT&T - Walmart Wireless
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

Learned my lesson on the Playbook pre-order debacle with Blackberry and Best Buy. I'm going to my local VZW store sometime today and see if they have any units, and if they have sold any. I don't have an upgrade for 3 more weeks so can't get one today. Those who pick yours up... congrats!
    Last edited by Innerchild; 05-30-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    New White Q10 (First physical keyboard!)
    Beautiful White Z10, 64GB Playbook (2)
    Galaxy Note II
    jordanc76 and joymariah041 like this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Alas, Walmart only has black, no white available
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had been with VZW since they bought out my local wireless carrier in the late 90's, but as soon as AT&T annonced their pre-order for the Z10 I jumped ship. Besides AT&T has better signal in my area the VZW.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333385ac

Quote Originally Posted by Innerchild View Post
    Learned my lesson on the Playbook pre-order debacle with Blackberry and Best Buy. I will never "pre" order again! I'm going to my local VZW store sometime today and see if they have any units, and if they have sold any. I don't have an upgrade for 3 more weeks so can't get one today. Those who pick yours up... congrats!
    Yea, I had that issue too. Went into Best Buy the morning of the release of the PB after pre-ordering...they told me they didn't have them in store for sale and I would have to wait. I cancelled the order, walked down two stores away to Office Depot and bought one and went home happy w/a PB in hand. Amazing how the bigger these companies are, the more unrealistically arrogant they become. I hope you can wait the 3 weeks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333385ac

Alas, Walmart only has black, no white available
    True...you could get an unlocked white one that would work on AT&T but then that would defeat the purpose of the deal...lol
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

Did exactly the same thing. Saw online that Office Depot had Playbooks on opening day so as I sat in the parking lot waiting for them to open, I called Best Buy and cancelled my pre-order which they had absolutely no info about as to ship date, and I had pre-ordered on the first day possible. Worst product launch ever! I hope the Z10 isn't the second worst launch!
    New White Q10 (First physical keyboard!)
    Beautiful White Z10, 64GB Playbook (2)
    Galaxy Note II
    Thanked by:
    jordanc76 (03-28-2013) 
    jordanc76 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

$149 when I choose my location (33071). Interesting regional pricing.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by mmcpher View Post
    Join the club! It was like moving a mountain to get ATT to even acknowledge that there was a new device in the offing. We were between reps and when our new rep took over he helped out and as a result we will be adding several new lines. A person understands the importance of customers but a corporation may be a"person" but it is a dumb person. I went through worse when I was trying to buy a Microsoft Surface -- you would have thought I was trying to steal it! What preorder meant to them was they'd put you on their backorder list while they trawled for new customers with units in stores and available online. According to MS, as a preorder customer, if I wanted a Surface in the weeks after it's release my only option was to order a second one which I could have right away.

Posted via CB10
    I never have much positive to say about AT&T and I was not happy about not being able to pre order being a "Premier Account". What did surprise me was on launch day my Rep called and said she was on her way over with my order of 25 Z10s. Employees were dancing in the office like it was the rapture. 2 are holding out for Q10s. I asked her how many other customers were getting hand delivered phones by AT&T reps. She said they had a local office contest to see who could deliver the most. Their prize was an all expense paid cruise to Jamaica. My AT&T rep is getting a steak dinner and all the wine she can handle from my employees win or lose.
    jordanc76 and Camelhmpz like this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30b6e53c

My. Z10 shipped 3/27 on trk delivery by 3 today.
    jordanc76 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3250EBFB

Quote Originally Posted by HofstraJet View Post
    $149 when I choose my location (33071). Interesting regional pricing.
    Nice price, however I could be incorrect but I believe that if you have any issues with the phone you would need to deal with the 3rd party vender where you bought it. Verizon wont touch it as you did not purchase it directly from them.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333385ac

Quote Originally Posted by david42545 View Post
    Nice price, however I could be incorrect but I believe that if you have any issues with the phone you would need to deal with the 3rd party vender where you bought it. Verizon wont touch it as you did not purchase it directly from them.
    This is for AT&T...not Verizon. Either way, it is something to consider and research before purchasing.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I was just venting about the same thing, I'm thinking about doing what MaselliMike said and just getting in store and returning the 'pre-order' device.
    jordanc76 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333385ac

Quote Originally Posted by ericm007 View Post
    I was just venting about the same thing, I'm thinking about doing what MaselliMike said and just getting in store and returning the 'pre-order' device.
    Seems like the best option if you want it in hand TODAY!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    334C942B

The same thing happened to me. I called customer service and cancelled my preorder, so I could walk into the store and get one today. I also told the rep how pissed I was with VZW.

~(^_^)~ ~(^_^)~ ~(^_^)~ ~(^_^)~ ~(^_^)~ ~(^_^)~ ~(^_^)~
    Bow down to the almighty Underpants Gnomes!
    ~(^_^)~ ~(^_^)~ ~(^_^)~ ~(^_^)~ ~(^_^)~ ~(^_^)~ ~(^_^)~

BlackBerry and proud! Pin:333C59DC
    mrfreeze574 and jordanc76 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

VZW is the only US carrier with the white model.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast