Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. EKhatch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Need help from Verizon reps. (ebay scam).

    To make a long story short I purchased a hands free bluetooth device from ebay back in March. I paid for the item through paypal with my CC. I received the item a few days later direct from Verizon. I thought it was strange but didn't think much else of it at the time. Now ~3 months later I am getting billed for the device. When I called Verizon they stated it was because the original purchase was disputed by the credit card company (not mine but the ebay vendors) and since it was shipped directly to me they are coming after me to collect the money.

    I don't see how Verizon can charge me when I was not the one that placed the order. Any ideas?
  2. tech_head's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    How can they bill you for a device that technically they have no way of tracing.
    Something is being left out of the story. How would they know to "bill" you.

    You have no contract with them for a purchase.
    Give them the name and email of the person you paid via paypal.
    "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." - Joseph Dunninger
  3. EKhatch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    I called back to discuss this with them again and they want me to fax them everything I have from the ebay purchase so I will make sure to include everything I can identifying the ebay vendor.
  4. Darthkuriboh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    968 Posts
    PIN
    30b381a0
    #4  

    Default

    good luck. If VZW can find a way to rip someone off, they will.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  5. itsthemusic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    880 Posts
    PIN
    8675309
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthkuriboh View Post
    good luck. If VZW can find a way to rip someone off, they will.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good one.



    First of all, Corporate Verizon Wireless does not sell stuff on Ebay. You may have dealt with a Verizon reseller at best but even that seems questionable to me.
  6. Jude526's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,792 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,753 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    I would contact ebay and dispute this. sounds like a scam to me.


    Have an Incredible day !
    Phoenix Suns Rule !
  7. EKhatch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsthemusic View Post
    First of all, Corporate Verizon Wireless does not sell stuff on Ebay.
    First of all, I never said they did.
  8. itsthemusic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    880 Posts
    PIN
    8675309
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKhatch View Post
    To make a long story short I purchased a hands free bluetooth device from ebay back in March. I paid for the item through paypal with my CC. I received the item a few days later direct from Verizon. I thought it was strange but didn't think much else of it at the time. Now ~3 months later I am getting billed for the device. When I called Verizon they stated it was because the original purchase was disputed by the credit card company (not mine but the ebay vendors) and since it was shipped directly to me they are coming after me to collect the money.

    I don't see how Verizon can charge me when I was not the one that placed the order. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by EKhatch View Post
    First of all, I never said they did.
    You didnt? Odd....
  9. EKhatch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsthemusic View Post
    You didnt? Odd....
    Nope, I sure didn't. Maybe you should stop trying so hard to read between the lines and read the facts as I have laid them out for you.

    1. I purchased the item from eBay.

    2. The item was shipped to my address from Verizon

    Have you never heard of being able to ship something to an address other than a billing address before?

    I purchased the item off eBay. The seller bought it through Verizon and had it shipped to my address. If that is too hard for you to wrap your head around then there is nothing else I can do for you.
  10. itsthemusic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    880 Posts
    PIN
    8675309
    #10  

    Default

    That is the most ridiculous thing i have ever read. You are trying to say that there is a person on ebay that "sells" stuff but doesnt actually have a product? Then once you win an auction on an item he goes out and orders it from Verizon Wireless at full price and then has it sent to you?

    You are full of crap, the end.
  11. itsthemusic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    880 Posts
    PIN
    8675309
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKhatch View Post
    Nope, I sure didn't. Maybe you should stop trying so hard to read between the lines and read the facts as I have laid them out for you.

    1. I purchased the item from eBay.

    2. The item was shipped to my address from Verizon

    Have you never heard of being able to ship something to an address other than a billing address before?

    I purchased the item off eBay. The seller bought it through Verizon and had it shipped to my address. If that is too hard for you to wrap your head around then there is nothing else I can do for you.

    after reading your username i dont expect anything less than the intelligence you are showing. EKHATCH, isnt that one of those stupid honda civics all riced out? Cool.
  12. EKhatch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Wow, your parents must be so proud. It's okay to admit you were wrong I am sure you must be used to it. What possible reason could I have for making something like this up?


    ....waiting for another thoughtless reply meant to try and insult my intelligence.
    Last edited by EKhatch; 07-03-2010 at 11:42 AM.
  13. itsthemusic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    880 Posts
    PIN
    8675309
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKhatch View Post
    Wow, your parents must be so proud. It's okay to admit you were wrong I am sure you must be used to it. What possible reason could I have for making something like this up?


    ....waiting for another thoughtless reply meant to try and insult my intelligence.

    lol, this is what this forum is starting to come to.


    Your story is false, i dont care why you would have made it up. It doesnt work like that.
  14. EKhatch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsthemusic View Post
    lol, this is what this forum is starting to come to.


    Your story is false, i dont care why you would have made it up. It doesnt work like that.
    I sent Verizon all the proof they needed to reverse the charge (which they did) so I guess in the end it doesn't really matter what you think.

    Have a nice day.
  15. pkcable's Avatar


    Posts
    27,150 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,818 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!
    #15  

    Default

    Play nice children!
  16. EKhatch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Play nice children!
    Agreed but don't think for a second I am going to stop defending myself against narrow minded people labeling me as the one trying to scam Verizon or just making up BS stories to entertain myself.
  17. itsthemusic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    880 Posts
    PIN
    8675309
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKhatch View Post
    Agreed but don't think for a second I am going to stop defending myself against narrow minded people labeling me as the one trying to scam Verizon or just making up BS stories to entertain myself.
    Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  18. pkcable's Avatar


    Posts
    27,150 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,818 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!
    #18  

    Default

    ENOUGH ItstheMusic, you looking to earn an official warning here, or can we just let it end here?
  19. EKhatch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsthemusic View Post
    after reading your username i dont expect anything less than the intelligence you are showing. EKHATCH, isnt that one of those stupid honda civics all riced out? Cool.
    So I am curious. Do you work for Verizon? Have you ever worked for Verizon? You seem to be pretty confident that you can guarantee without a shadow of a doubt that it would be impossible for someone to buy something online through Verizon and have it shipped to an address other than the billing address on the card used to make the purchase.

    Other than your outlandish accusations that I am making all of this up my situation is proof that this can and does happen.
  20. rlmesq's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    864 Posts
    Global Posts
    943 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Dude, the mod just told the other guy to STFU. It's over. Chill.

  21. EKhatch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
    Dude, the mod just told the other guy to STFU. It's over. Chill.
    Fair enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
    This is great.
    Last edited by EKhatch; 07-04-2010 at 06:14 PM.
  22. itsthemusic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    880 Posts
    PIN
    8675309
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKhatch View Post
    So I am curious. Do you work for Verizon? Have you ever worked for Verizon? You seem to be pretty confident that you can guarantee without a shadow of a doubt that it would be impossible for someone to buy something online through Verizon and have it shipped to an address other than the billing address on the card used to make the purchase.

    Other than your outlandish accusations that I am making all of this up my situation is proof that this can and does happen.
    I do work for Verizon and the above scenario that you gave isnt what you originally said.

    You said you purchased something on Ebay "directly from Verizon" I simply stated Verizon does not sell stuff on Ebay. You then changed your story 3 times.

    The reason I posted the way i did and poked more holes thru your story was because things like this bring all the bad apples out that have nothing better to do then to bash VZW. You were trying to make it look like Verizon screwed you when in all actuality if you purchased something off Ebay, Verizon had NOTHING to do with the transaction.

    Verizon Wireless never has and never will sell anything on Ebay, as far as someone making an Ebay auction, buying a product from Verizon at full price and then shipping it to the auction winner...Thats just ridiculous and does not make sense, no one would do that. I was trying to clear it up so you didnt get 100 trolls rallying behind you talking about how terrible Verizon is when they had nothing to do with what happened.
  23. EKhatch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsthemusic View Post
    I do work for Verizon and the above scenario that you gave isnt what you originally said.

    You said you purchased something on Ebay "directly from Verizon" I simply stated Verizon does not sell stuff on Ebay. You then changed your story 3 times.

    The reason I posted the way i did and poked more holes thru your story was because things like this bring all the bad apples out that have nothing better to do then to bash VZW. You were trying to make it look like Verizon screwed you when in all actuality if you purchased something off Ebay, Verizon had NOTHING to do with the transaction.

    Verizon Wireless never has and never will sell anything on Ebay, as far as someone making an Ebay auction, buying a product from Verizon at full price and then shipping it to the auction winner...Thats just ridiculous and does not make sense, no one would do that. I was trying to clear it up so you didnt get 100 trolls rallying behind you talking about how terrible Verizon is when they had nothing to do with what happened.
    Seriously? Your reading comprehension skills seem to be the reason for your confusion.

    Go back and re read my unedited first post. I have not changed my story. I said I bought and item from eBay and it was shipped to me directly from Verizon. It is pretty simple. I am not sure why it is so hard for you to understand. Once again:

    1. Bought item from eBay.
    2. Item was shipped to me from Verizon.

    In no way have I ever said I bought an item on eBay from Verizon.

    Get you head straight before you come on here throwing around ridiculous accusations.
  24. itsthemusic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    880 Posts
    PIN
    8675309
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKhatch View Post
    Seriously? Your reading comprehension skills seem to be the reason for your confusion.

    Go back and re read my unedited first post. I have not changed my story. I said I bought and item from eBay and it was shipped to me directly from Verizon. It is pretty simple. I am not sure why it is so hard for you to understand. Once again:

    1. Bought item from eBay.
    2. Item was shipped to me from Verizon.

    In no way have I ever said I bought an item on eBay from Verizon.

    Get you head straight before you come on here throwing around ridiculous accusations.

    Dude.......are you slow? You keep repeating the same thing...that i said is ridiculous. My reading comprehension is in perfect order. The scenario you are saying happened would never happen. Link this ebay auction so we can see it if it is true. No one would post stuff on ebay then buy it full price from Verizon and then have it shipped to you. Lets see this auction.
  25. EKhatch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsthemusic View Post
    Dude.......are you slow? You keep repeating the same thing...that i said is ridiculous. My reading comprehension is in perfect order. The scenario you are saying happened would never happen. Link this ebay auction so we can see it if it is true. No one would post stuff on ebay then buy it full price from Verizon and then have it shipped to you. Lets see this auction.

    That's why it was a scam. Are you really that narrow minded? Just because you don't want to believe it could happen doesn't mean it won't or didn't.

    I can't link to the auction because it was over 3 months ago which I stated already. Like it would make a bit of difference anyway? It's pretty obvious you are set in your ways and nothing will change your opinion on this matter.

    Anyway once again, the people you report to at Verizon already cleared this up. With the evidence I presented them they researched the situation and reversed the charges. So you not only think I am wrong you also think the people paying you are wrong.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions