Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My vzw.blackberry.net no longer shows up in my device

I have a 9650. It originally had OS6 bundle 1741. I updated it to bundle 2333. The next day I decided to downgrade it back to bundle 1741 (long story, I think 2333 had some bugs). I downgraded it without a problem, except my (user)at.vzw.blackberry.net no longer appears in my BlackBerry. All of my e-mail folders disappeared when I downgraded. I easily got back my other folders (hotmail, etc) but the device won't accept my vzw.blackberry.net account. It would let me create a new account but I just want my device to get my old vzw.blackberry.net back. I know my vzw e-mail account is working, I just can't get its folder back on my BlackBerry. I appreciate any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Hours later I realized this is more of an operating system question than a carrier question so I posted the question to the OS6 forum. Sorry about the clutter!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

Did you try service books and registering the host routing table in advanced options? Also did you do a battery pull? If you need help on how to do this, do a search here because this is an issue as old as Blackberry/RIM itself.
    Thanked by:
    William Tell (08-14-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Exclamation Fixed!

Thanks, MisterObvious. Your mention of settings led me to the BlackBerry Internet Service page for Verizon. There I was able to get my Verizon e-mail account recognized as well as fix a few other problems and make sure my e-mail was synched up.

Well, I think the main thing I learned was not to update the operating system's bundle unless there is a very, very good reason to do so! Updating the OS bundle seems to keep all the settings intact, but reverting to a previous bundle and getting everything to work gave me a few problems - so I think I'll keep it at OS 6 bundle 1741 and not mess with it again.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

There you go. A good idea might be to see what leak or whatever everyone is running on the forums and generally that's a good stable option. I remember running 6.0.0.524 earlier this year when I had my 9650. I actually liked that OS.