Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default This is messed up

Im sittin here, the rain is falling. Im reading CrackBerry and getting all jazzed about the Z30. I love my Z10, but truth be told , its a little small for my hands.

So Im shopping on Verizonwireless.com. Whats this? The z30 99 bucks! Whats this? Trade in an old smartphone for at least 100 bucks!!. That's called leveling the playing field. Not really, that's not what that means, nevermind. Im thinking I can trade my old 9930, keep my Z10, and get a Z30 for taxes and an upgrade fee. Hmmm. Dear reader what follows is my tale of woe. I think. Maybe its not so bad. Let me know what you think.

Im online, so I start the chat window. I tell the guy what my plan is, of course he doesn't see a problem. He guides me through the purchase process, making sure its a done deal, he says go to the trade in area, answer a few questions, enter the promotional code. What promotional code I ask him. The one you got when the deal was done. There was none I told him. He says call this number, bye! He closes the chat window. I called the number, the lady says I had to get the code as the deal was being done. Since I didn't, I have to refuse the delivery and start over later.

Whaaaat? Man, I wish I didn't even think of this today. What a hassle. Did any of you upgrade online, if so did you trade in an old smartphone, if so did you get the code as you ordered or when you registered the new device?
    HAVE A GREAT BB10 DAY!

Global Posts
    66,663 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Sounds like the offer was too good to be true! They better come through with the same offer again.
    I sincerely hope you get your new device!!!!!!!!
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.821/800 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi I Questions? email jomarie.ditata@mobilenations.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee5799 View Post
    Sounds like the offer was too good to be true! They better come through with the same offer again.
    I sincerely hope you get your new device!!!!!!!!
    Thank you jaydee, no doubt I will. But I just love it when a plan comes together and this doesn't seem to be one of those now. I think I'll accept the package and not open it, go to online chat again and see what they say when I do the registration thing. If they cant pull up a code then, well I don't know. Im afraid now that if I just refuse it outright they will hit me with a restocking fee.
    HAVE A GREAT BB10 DAY!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

They will more than likely hit you with a restocking fee. Why don't you call verizon and see what can be done or go to a verizon store before the phone gets to you.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts

Call Verizon I am sure they will correct the issue for you, for the last 17 years they have always come through for me. Don't get me wrong it might take a few calls to get the right person to make things right! Good luck
    Make sure you vote! Your vote counts!
    Support the 9-12 Project
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    Call Verizon I am sure they will correct the issue for you, for the last 17 years they have always come through for me. Don't get me wrong it might take a few calls to get the right person to make things right! Good luck
    I did call , they cant give me a code, they said I have to start the order over again. They cant cancel the order either. I have to refuse it when it gets here. That's what they told me. Ill call again and see if someone else has a better idea.
    Update:
    The next person I talked to at Verizon says, when I get the phone and activate it a prmo code will be sms'ed to me. Somehow that makes more sense. Its better than refusing the order. I'll update in a couple of days.
    Update:
    I got the phone, a thing of beauty. I chatted with another rep, he said when you send in your trade, they will give you a code. That's four different stories for one deal. Anyway, I activated the z30 and a popup window said in 3-5 days I will get a promo code sms and email. Somebody has to be right?!
    Last edited by npunk42; 02-11-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    HAVE A GREAT BB10 DAY!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by npunk42 View Post
    I did call , they cant give me a code, they said I have to start the order over again. They cant cancel the order either. I have to refuse it when it gets here. That's what they told me. Ill call again and see if someone else has a better idea.
    Update:
    The next person I talked to at Verizon says, when I get the phone and activate it a prmo code will be sms'ed to me. Somehow that makes more sense. Its better than refusing the order. I'll update in a couple of days.
    It takes a few trys to find a CS rep that understands common sense! Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you vote! Your vote counts!
    Support the 9-12 Project
    CrackBerry User

So Im shopping on Verizonwireless.com. Whats this? The z30 99 bucks! Whats this? Trade in an old smartphone for at least 100 bucks!!. That's called leveling the playing field. Not really, that's not what that means, nevermind. Im thinking I can trade my old 9930, keep my Z10, and get a Z30 for taxes and an upgrade fee. Hmmm. Dear reader what follows is my tale of woe. I think. Maybe its not so bad. Let me know what you think.
    I noticed the same deal last Thursday. But I noted that the code would come by SMS/Email 3-5 days after activation.

Just to one-up you, I won a "family four pack" of blackberries 2 years ago (2x 9930 and 2x 9330) from Verizon & Blackberry. One of those 9330s has never been activated and still in the box. I plan to use that as the device I'm upgrading.

This will be my first purchased phone since 2009, and I'm only paying taxes and activation.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,668 Global Posts

Im sittin here, the rain is falling. Im reading CrackBerry and getting all jazzed about the Z30. I love my Z10, but truth be told , its a little small for my hands.

Im online, so I start the chat window. I tell the guy what my plan is, of course he doesn't see a problem. He guides me through the purchase process, making sure its a done deal, he says go to the trade in area, answer a few questions, enter the promotional code. What promotional code I ask him. The one you got when the deal was done. There was none I told him. He says call this number, bye! He closes the chat window. I called the number, the lady says I had to get the code as the deal was being done. Since I didn't, I have to refuse the delivery and start over later.

Whaaaat? Man, I wish I didn't even think of this today. What a hassle. Did any of you upgrade online, if so did you trade in an old smartphone, if so did you get the code as you ordered or when you registered the new device?
    If you activate your 9930 you'll get a $300 coupon for switching from 3g to 4G. There are lots of ways to do this but Verizon's Z30 online only has made all trades hard!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for starting this thread npunk 42. I was on the fence about upgrading my Z10 to a Z30 and this was what I needed to push me over. I started a chat session with a Verizon rep today and he said that indeed that within 3-5 business days after activating the new Z30 I'd get a text with a code to enter into a website to get the gift card which will be at least $100, but as high as $300. I don't think I'll be getting anything more than $100 cuz I'm trading in a Storm 2. Why I still had this old dinosaur I do not know, but it was worth keeping because it got me my Z30 for basically free!

BTW - you never came back to this post to report if you got your text, etc. Did it happen for you?
    Verizon Z30 STA100-3 ~ PIN: 334E1CB2~ OS: 10.3.1.938
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by rickkel View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread npunk 42. I was on the fence about upgrading my Z10 to a Z30 and this was what I needed to push me over. I started a chat session with a Verizon rep today and he said that indeed that within 3-5 business days after activating the new Z30 I'd get a text with a code to enter into a website to get the gift card which will be at least $100, but as high as $300. I don't think I'll be getting anything more than $100 cuz I'm trading in a Storm 2. Why I still had this old dinosaur I do not know, but it was worth keeping because it got me my Z30 for basically free!

BTW - you never came back to this post to report if you got your text, etc. Did it happen for you?
    Well I activated Monday, this is Friday, depending on how you look at it, this could be day four or five. At any rate, no txt or email with code yet.
    HAVE A GREAT BB10 DAY!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well I activated Monday, this is Friday, depending on how you look at it, this could be day four or five. At any rate, no txt or email with code yet.
    Thanks npunk. keep me posted and I'll do the same when I get mine through this thread. I saved my chat with the Verizon guy in which I asked the details of this offer and he confirmed them. We will see. Can't wait to get my hands on that Z30....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mythdraug View Post
    Just to one-up you, I won a "family four pack" of blackberries 2 years ago (2x 9930 and 2x 9330) from Verizon & Blackberry. One of those 9330s has never been activated and still in the box. I plan to use that as the device I'm upgrading.
    Why would you want to send them the new-in-box phone - send them the other used 9330. You can probably sell that new one on eBay for some reasonable cash (but you'll probably have to send it to another country).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Why would you want to send them the new-in-box phone - send them the other used 9330. You can probably sell that new one on eBay for some reasonable cash (but you'll probably have to send it to another country).
    We only retained one of the 9330s as an emergency spare. The other one was sold years ago. Now with the Z30, I'm keeping the 9930s as my spare. Besides, it feels good to trade in a phone they value @$5 without the code, it means I'm eating up more of their money for a change.

And, yes, I have received my upgrade txt. The Z30 was activated Wed night (after I pre-upgraded the OS to 10.2.1.1925)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Add this to the list of different answers to the same question. I went online and chatted with a Verizon rep. She told me it takes 10 days for the codes to be made up. I called the service line The guy looked into it but couldn't find why I didn't get a txt or email yet. He gave me another number, the recycling dept, she took my info again, and hung up!
    EDIT:
    I called back. The nice lady said she escalated the request to her supervisor. He will be in touch with me in FIVE DAYS!
    I wish I could do this all over again. I still love my Z30, but this time the online process created a lot of problems I wouldn't have had If I had just gone to the store.
    Last edited by npunk42; 02-17-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    HAVE A GREAT BB10 DAY!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hey npunk, thanks for the update. I just finished activating and setting up my Z30 - fantastic phone (but that's another thread). I will let you know when (or if) I get my code as well. My clock just started....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Hey npunk, thanks for the update. I just finished activating and setting up my Z30 - fantastic phone (but that's another thread). I will let you know when (or if) I get my code as well. My clock just started....
    Good luck to you. I just posted my 9930 on Craigs list for 180 bucks. Its worth a shot. We'll see what happens first.
    HAVE A GREAT BB10 DAY!
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    69,991 Global Posts

That is messed up. Is the offer only for current vzw subscribers or is the trade in also for those just signing up?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    That is messed up. Is the offer only for current vzw subscribers or is the trade in also for those just signing up?
    I think if you are starting a new account you get the 100 dollars trade up and a 35 dollar activation fee waiver. That's what is promised on the website. You might want to transact in-store to make absolutely sure.
    HAVE A GREAT BB10 DAY!
    Thanked by:
    kbz1960 (02-18-2014) 
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hey guys, I activated my new Z30 last night and this morning I received a text AND an email from Verizon with the code to claim my $100 gift card for my purchase (for trade in of any old working smartphone). Note that this was not a new line activation, but a standard renewal of my two year contract with a new discounted phone.

If you did not receive your text or email yet, you definitely need to call them again and escalate this.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    69,991 Global Posts

Am I just wasting time thinking vzw might run some great promotion for more GB at cheaper rate?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Am I just wasting time thinking vzw might run some great promotion for more GB at cheaper rate?
    They way things are trending, data use is going up, so are prices. Just get a good average of what you normally use and add a bit to that. I would expect if you lock into a price today, you would be better off than a few months from now.
    HAVE A GREAT BB10 DAY!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    69,991 Global Posts

They way things are trending, data use is going up, so are prices. Just get a good average of what you normally use and add a bit to that. I would expect if you lock into a price today, you would be better off than a few months from now.
    Thanks and I'm sure you're right!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Okay, I got an email presumably from the "escalated" supervisor. The gist was , we run a lot of promotions, tell us which one you had in mind, did you buy a phone, did you start/renew a 2 year contract?
    I made the appropriate reply just waiting. Nothing happening on Craigs list either so its just waiting at this point. Good thing I have a fantastic phone to master in the meantime. I tried the FM radio today, wow my car radio doesnt sound that good.
    HAVE A GREAT BB10 DAY!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Okay, it hasn't rained in weeks. Today it starts. Im sittin here perusing CrackBerry thinking, 'aint it fine, being self employed?' A red light catches my eye. Its an email, from Verizon! "Thanks for you patience, here is your promo code". I get back to the Verizon website cant find the link for the trade in program. I have to chat with a nice lady online, she wants me to buy accessories, but in the end she gives me the link. So I guess I'm back in the game, albeit a little late. Maybe I wouldn't appreciate as much if I didn't have to fight for it. Nah, I'm still bothered. Verizon used to be a pleasure to deal with 5-10 years ago. Its a shame. They're just like the others now.
    HAVE A GREAT BB10 DAY!
    kbz1960 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast