CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Looking for Info on a Verizon Blackberry Curve

Hey Everyone,

Well, I'm new here. Just joined. I've been searching and reading and learning as much as i can.

Anyway, I'm looking to pick up my first Blackberry!!!! I am currently with Verizon, and currently do not have a Blackberry. I'm really looking forward to getting into it. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what to do. My upgrade doesn't come up until October, and if I want to buy a Blackberry new from Verizon right now, they said I would have to pay full retail even though i've been with them for years . I am going to stay with Verizon, but it stinks that I could switch to Sprint and pick one up for $49.

I'm really wanting to get a Verizon Wireless Blackberry Curve, and I think the only way I can do this is to locate one second hand. So now I'm on the hunt for a Verizon Blackberry Curve (the one with the camera) that is still in good condition and has the original box, charger, CD, manual, USB Cable, and all the stuff that comes with a new one.

Does anyone know where I should look to find one at? I've looked in the Marketplace Section here, but haven't come across any, and I really want to stay away from ebay. Any other thoughts or ideas? I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks!!!!

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ned up and ready to go

dude I would wait. By that time they will have out some exciting new bb's that i think you will regret if you had bought one
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    BBM me for it

try ebay or craigslist
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,138 Global Posts

They are all over ebay check it out.
    П
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you can get a cheap one online use that to practice on...hey you could always sell it & when you are able to upgrade do that...don't take it personal on the "you must wait" deal if you were with Sprint, Verizon would offer your $49 coming over to them for a Curve too

Venomgirl....the name speaks for itself
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by venomgirl View Post
    If you can get a cheap one online use that to practice on...hey you could always sell it & when you are able to upgrade do that...don't take it personal on the "you must wait" deal if you were with Sprint, Verizon would offer your $49 coming over to them for a Curve too
    I think this is exactly what I'll do. Thats a good idea. And yeah, this is true - I guess Verizon would do the same thing if I was with Sprint
    CrackBerry Addict

Don't get a Curve unless you can't wait for your upgrade. Compared to other smartphones the Curve isn't any/much better than most phones. The Tour promises to be an improvement but how much we don't know yet.

The sound quality on the Curve leaves a lot to be desired. The phone is reliable but is subject to hangs, freezes and lockups.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Global Posts
    30,846 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

You can get an 8703e on ebay for around 40 dollars. No contract required.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Yeah, I just don't know if I could go back to a phone without a camera though
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter880 View Post
    Yeah, I just don't know if I could go back to a phone without a camera though
    Voyeur alert!!!

Global Posts
    9,505 Global Posts

Just buy a curve from ebay and get use to the BB and by the time you are able to upgrade there will be a newer BB out with verizon.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CH ME, I'M DREAMING... (PM me)

You have to remember that the reason that you can get one with Sprint for $49 is because you're starting a new contract... They discount it because you're going to have it for 2 years and if you want a different phone before that 2 years is up, you'd be buying one outright with them, too. My advice is to wait on the phone until your upgrade, like you signed a contract and agreed to do, because the Curve is on it's way out and new Blackberry's are coming out (like the Pearl Flip just launched and the Tour comes out on the 12th).
    "What if a demon were to creep after you one night, in your loneliest loneliness, & say, 'This life which you live must be lived by you once again & innumerable times more; & every pain & joy & thought & sigh must come again to you, all in the same sequence. The eternal hourglass will again & again be turned & you with it, dust of the dust!' Would you throw yourself down & gnash your teeth & curse that demon? Or would you answer, 'Never have I heard anything more divine'?" -Fredrich Nietzche
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    ning chicks to walls since 1993!

I'd wait it out for the Tour, at the VERY least. Perhaps wait around for a bit and see what the other users have to say about it.

Curve is getting old, fast. It's what I have. While I absolutely LOVE the phone, I'm ready for a faster phone - and I've had it for 1 year now.
    Scan the barcode for my Droid's PIN number. I recommend "Bar Code Scanner" since it seems to work real well.

How do I Google something?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Shoot, maybe I will end up waiting until October when my upgrade is due to get one then. Sigh. I want a crackberry now

Global Posts
    9,505 Global Posts

It is worth a shot to called VZW and ask them if you can do an early upgrade. I think I saw somewhere in the Tour threads that VZW is going to let them upgrade about 3 months early. That is always worth a shot and maybe since you have been with them for so long they will do the same.

Someone also posted how they were about to cancel there service...called and told them to cancel it right now because they hate their BB Storm and the guy said what can we do to keep you? What phone would you like and he said the Tour and the VZW rep said done and is now getting an early upgrade and a Tour.

Calling VZW is always worth a try.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    PIN
    not applicable :)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter880 View Post
    I think this is exactly what I'll do. Thats a good idea. And yeah, this is true - I guess Verizon would do the same thing if I was with Sprint

Don't forget too that you would be hit with early termination fees if you went with sprint....
    I am now Incredible

http://twitter.com/aplphoto

Same name, but at androidcentral now!

PIN
    wheel

Quote Originally Posted by thinkamp View Post
    Someone also posted how they were about to cancel there service...called and told them to cancel it right now because they hate their BB Storm and the guy said what can we do to keep you? What phone would you like and he said the Tour and the VZW rep said done and is now getting an early upgrade and a Tour.
    Those stories, minus any form of verification, are a dime a dozen.

The guy who is running minimum service, has threatened leaving in the past, does not have years of service, or has payment issues, will not stand a chance at any variance.

Those who have a lot of service, never left nor threatened to do so, has been around for years, is low maintenance, never whined about GPS, WiFi, and always paid on time, might get something - still, they are no more than 35% through a contract on the Storm.

There are a lot of BSers on sites like this. I'd avoid spreading their claims.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    PIN
    not applicable :)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinsX2Dad View Post

The guy who is running minimum service, has threatened leaving in the past, does not have years of service, or has payment issues, will not stand a chance at any variance.

Those who have a lot of service, never left nor threatened to do so, has been around for years, is low maintenance, never whined about GPS, WiFi, and always paid on time, might get something - still, they are no more than 35% through a contract on the Storm.

Agreed......
    I am now Incredible

http://twitter.com/aplphoto

Same name, but at androidcentral now!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bag O Donuts View Post
    Agreed......
    Ditto dat here.

Global Posts
    9,505 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinsX2Dad View Post

Twinz you are always right!!

PIN
    wheel

Quote Originally Posted by thinkamp View Post
    Twinz you are always right!!
    Not always - but like you, I try.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Does your FD or City/Village have a VZW account for phones or aircards? If so find out who the government rep is and give him/her a call. They can and will usually assist public safety and their are some discounts available for you as well for hardware, plans and accessories.
    Jason E. Kern
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Go to ebay. They are selling refurbs and even some brand new one's for $250 or less.
    Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely