Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,226 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AEC67F1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is the iPhone causing data problems on Verizon?

It seems as though ever since theiPhone was released on Verizon that my data transfers are much slower. Not only that but my bbms aren't sent or receied directly anymore. They take just as long as text messages at times. Could the iPhone for Verizon be causing this much of a problem or is it just my device? Is there a bandwidth issue present here?

Global Posts
    19,919 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point Accuracy

Nope, because you mentioned your BBM having issues. Most data isn't run through Verizon. So your BBM, Email, Browser (not the carrier browser) and a lot of app go through RIM's servers. The iPhone would have no effect on your BBM's performance. Other Android devices? Possibly, but definitely not BB.
    CrackBerry.com Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Forum Guidelines | MarketPlace Guidelines
    My Twitter | The Genesis Blog
    My Marketplace Feedback
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I haven't noticed any problems at all so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's a PIN?

Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    Nope, because you mentioned your BBM having issues. Most data isn't run through Verizon. So your BBM, Email, Browser (not the carrier browser) and a lot of app go through RIM's servers. The iPhone would have no effect on your BBM's performance. Other Android devices? Possibly, but definitely not BB.
    That's not the case. The stuff that goes through RIM's servers still have to pass through Verizon's netowrk unless you're using wifi. If that wasn't the case how does the data get from your phone to RIM's servers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coraya View Post
    Could the iPhone for Verizon be causing this much of a problem or is it just my device?
    Quote Originally Posted by piratefan
    I haven't noticed any problems at all so far.
    My first instinct after seeing the OP's question and location was that maybe the system actually has been affected in the NJ/NY area. Then it was supported a bit when I saw Piratefan's comment that in Raleigh he hasn't had any problems. Still, I think VZW prepared themselves and their network very well before bringing on the iPhone in anticipation of increased volume -- then again, once you get up into the NJ/NY area it seems like all bets are off sometimes when it comes to network data loads.

You might also want to check out some of the info and points made here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/wil...reless-561332/