Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default International Plan Help!

So I am leaving to europe tomorrow and I have a blackberry world edition and storm 2 that I am taking over there and need help trying to figure out my cheapest option while im over there. Apparently vzw got rid of their unlimited data plan for like 69 a month internationally and replaced it with a 100 dollar 70mb plan instead... Regardless, I am debating if its cheaper to get the phones unlocked from vzw and use a pre paid card there to make calls or use vzw international plan which is 4.99/month and brings it down to 99cents/min instead of the 1.20 I think they said it was. Anyone have any input on the cheapest option? I need to make calls back to the US while im there as well so maybe swap out sim cards for local calls and back to US calls? This stuff gives me a headache, vzw made things complicated now with their new data plans.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

Unlock your device and find a local SIM card.
    It's up to you whether you want to get a plan with just calling/texting or one with Blackberry Internet Service too.
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

If you want any data, a BIS plan is needed.... Same as if you were in the US. Some things would work on wifi (if it were available), but it would be very limited.