Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Interesting text from Verizon today

So this morning I got this text from Verizon:

Free VZW Msg: Want a new Phone? Upgrade EARLY at Lowest Promotional Prices with new 2-yr renewal. For details, call 877-387-9458 today! To stop msgs reply X.

I was just wondering if anyone else got this message and if so, what kind of "deals" are they offering. I'm due in December for my last NE2 ($50). If they are offering something better now, I might consider upgrading to the Bold 9930 now if it's worth my wild!
    Last edited by BlackberryBookWorm; 09-10-2011 at 09:35 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts

I didn't get a text but back in June I received a letter and it allowed me to get the Thunderbolt for $199 instead of the $249 price with a new two year agreement. There were other phones being offered for $50 cheaper but I opted for the Thunderbolt. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,703 Global Posts
    PIN
    E CONES

Red face

I would guess that you would only get that one if you're close to your upgrade date. Right before I left Sprint, I was eligible for a new phone and they were hounding me day and night to get me to come in. I was getting texts, phone calls, emails and letters daily to come in and look. The sales guy at the store in Memphis I used started to **** me off to the point of calling me two or three times a day. I told him to stop calling as there was absolutely nothing in the Sprint lineup I wanted.

Then I left and went to Verizon.
    God save us all. Go Sharks.

Yes, I am a woman and I like hockey. Deal with it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Well I just called in and spoke to a very nice (but confused) rep. Apparently that text message was just to get me to upgrade early. I've had an annual upgrade on my line since March and haven't used it (I'm waiting to cash in on my last NE2 come December). I have to say, I'm quite disappointed. I was expecting something better than the standard two year pricing, especially from the sounds of that text.

Oh well. Only a few more months and I'll be shifting into something new. I'm really liking the new BlackBerry Bold but the Droid Bionic also seems to be solid (I'm itching for an LTE phone).
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Curve 8330 -> Storm 2 -> iPhone 4 -> BlackBerry Bold 9930 (coming soon)

If you found my post helpful, clicking thanks would be appreciated!