Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Interesting Telecoms Article

Just an excerpt about Verizon that mentions RIMM...

What catalysts, near-term or long-term, could move Verizon's stock significantly?

If the FCC approves the merger of AT&T and T-Mobile, this will hurt Sprint and you could see Sprint's customers flocking to both Verizon and AT&T. I also have not mentioned Research In Motion (RIMM) until now, and I believe that RIMM has a deteriorating business model and a rapidly declining customer base who are now buying Android and Apple smartphones and tablets from Verizon.

I think that RIMM will always have a core business clientele, but that corporate IT departments are becoming less enamored of BlackBerrys and more willing to use Android and Apple smartphones and tablets, especially as they direct more of their corporate data needs into the cloud to drive down expenses. If the leak in the RIMM battleship becomes a flood, Verizon is well positioned to attract these customers to their wireless solutions, thus increasing their penetration of the profitable smartphone and tablet markets.

Just One Stock: The Cash-Generating, High-Yielding Telco With a Sharp Strategic Focus - Seeking Alpha
    Taking the world by Storm(2)!
    Unlocked 9550

Global Posts
    31,838 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

Bottom of the page:
    Disclosure: Barry Barker has long positions in VZ and CTL, and some of his clients are long VZ.

It behooves a person with a long position to talk up his stock.

The industry is in flux, and there are a lot of assumptions (and crossed fingers) here. Im just say'n.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    big_time2 (07-23-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    Bottom of the page:
    Disclosure: Barry Barker has long positions in VZ and CTL, and some of his clients are long VZ.

It behooves a person with a long position to talk up his stock.

The industry is in flux, and there are a lot of assumptions (and crossed fingers) here. Im just say'n.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed. The point wasn't that he was talking up the stock that he owns, but rather that he sees RIMMs clients as potential new clients for Android and iPhone.
    Taking the world by Storm(2)!
    Unlocked 9550
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts

I think that RIMM should start worrying about its corporate users and try to bring new phones (os7 as well as qnx phones) sooner rather than later.

I work for a large corporation where probably (I'm guessing this number) 7,000 people used to have a company issued BlackBerry. In January of this year we were allowed to use our own phones, so those who don't want BlackBerry phones can use Android or iPhone devices. IT just installed an app so we can access our company email.

Just this week the company announced that they will be providing other phones besides BlackBerry. For those of us who don't want to use our personal phones for work, we now have an option of Android, iPhone, BlackBerry and Win7 device.

There have been many articles where other companies are doing the same. RIM needs to form a better relationship with Verizon, AT&T, Tmo, Sprint if they want to keep growing.