Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default If you want new BB phones on Verizon Wireless

I just spoke with Verizon Wireless Customer Service and they don't see the new BB phones on the horizon. There was a leaked roadmap in CB yesterday for the new Curve, but I want the Torch 9850. I was told to make my request through their online support form, that Customer Service by phone has no way to pass on my interest. She also said that Verizon thinks there is no interest for the new BB phones.

If you want a new BB phone on Verizon Wireless, contact them at Set Your Location. If we bombard them with requests, it may make a difference.
    Last edited by padamssm; 08-04-2011 at 10:46 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Sorry wrong forums
    CrackBerry Genius

1) You have a VZ question. I don't know why you are posting on the TM forum
    2) Verizon has about a half dozen current BB phones shown on their website
    3) Not every carrier carries all BB phones. Sometimes you have to take the route of purchasing a wanted unlocked phone to use on such networks.
    Last edited by mandony; 08-04-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Fixed the forum location.

It is obvious that Verizon's BlackBerry business took serious damage from the Storm fiasco, and their dismissive treatment of customers. I don't see them making much effort to recover from that in the face of pressure from Apple and the Android manufacturers.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    Thanked by:
    padamssm (08-04-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks for moving my post. I was in the wrong forum when I posted it.

I agree that Verizon is still reacting to the Storm - I had to return mine many times but ended up happy with Storm2. I'd like to stay with Verizon and know that they will make a business decision, so if they know there are people wanting the new phones they may decide to sell them to us. I do hope others who care will send them a message and not just complain about Verizon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I would suggest that everyone who is interested in getting Verizon to commit to the new OS7 devices send an email to the Verizon Customer Support. Not trying to be cheesy here but there is power ($$$) in numbers.

The following is an email exchange I had with Verizon:

=====================================
    Giovanni,

Thank you for your response. It's simply amazing to me that it appears Verizon is basically dropping its Blackberry line. How is it that other carriers are able to "certify" products faster than Verizon? I only moved to Verizon several years ago because they offered better selection of phones (not necessarily a better network).

Unfortunately, I will have to seriously consider moving my business to a different carrier. I've waited a considerable amount of time for RIM to refresh their product line and now that they have it looks like Verizon is the one who is disappointing me. Please be advised that I am not the only one who will be switching providers. There are many of us who will if Verizon can't keep up with the market. I'm not blaming you personally so please do not take offense. I only wish to make a point and hope that you will pass on this message to any one who can possibly make a difference.

-xxxx

On Aug 4, 2011, at 9:04 AM, wrote:

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless via our Website, my name is Giovanni. I understand that you are interested in the new Blackberry OS7. I will be happy to assist you with researching your request. We value you as a customer.

Mr. xxxx,

Currently, Verizon Wireless does not offer the Blackberry OS7. I am unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met.

Although we do not have the handset you are looking for at this time, I invite you to view our current phone selection as a possible alternative. To view available equipment, please click on the following link, which will direct you to the "Products" page of our website:

You may also receive free e-mail updates as to when new products and services are available. To receive your free e-mail update, please click on the following link to view the "E-mail Updates" page of our website:

There are several wireless phones being tested for functionality and reliability with our network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect. Verizon Wireless is constantly improving the services, features, and wireless phones we offer to our customers for their communication needs. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

The lines ending in xxxx, and xxxx($50.00 New Every Two Credit) are eligible for an upgrade. Please visit My Verizon and upgrade your equipment.

I make it my personal goal to resolve all of your wireless concerns. I hope I have done that for you today by providing you with the steps to Be the First to Know. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless.

Giovanni
    Verizon Wireless
    CrackBerry Abuser

i will be shocked if they dont announce anything in the next week or so. We have already seen verizon branded OS7 phones. If you read these forums regularly you know more about release dates than the average verizon person answering customer service calls. i think is safe to say the customer service knows nothing until they see something in their systems. they dont speculate on rumors.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,139 Global Posts

For one, the leaked road map is only for the month of Sept. For two, VZW reps and that won't tell you anything until there is an official announcement for these devices. So we really don't know if VZW will get these new BB's or not. But with other pics and whatnot that have been leaked I am going to say there is a good chance that we will be getting the bold touch, the all touch torch and the curve that is on the leaked road map.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnly View Post
    Yeah, it is! Jennels first post is gold.
    @missjennell
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's a pin?

What other carriers have OS7 devices?
    My opinon is mine and mine alone. If you don't like it, go to Match.com and find someone who cares.
    Got an Android? Check out www.androidcentral.com
    Shout out to CyberWarrior and his great walls!
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/wall...allpapers.html
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by padamssm View Post
    I just spoke with Verizon Wireless Customer Service and they don't see the new BB phones on the horizon. There was a leaked roadmap in CB yesterday for the new Curve, but I want the Torch 9850. I was told to make my request through their online support form, that Customer Service by phone has no way to pass on my interest. She also said that Verizon thinks there is no interest for the new BB phones.

If you want a new BB phone on Verizon Wireless, contact them at Set Your Location. If we bombard them with requests, it may make a difference.
    I spoke with a VZW in-store rep on September 21, 2009 that told me "there's no such thing as Storm2". Ironically, Storm2 was released on October 28, 2009.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's a pin?

Quote Originally Posted by pcgizmo View Post
    I spoke with a VZW in-store rep on September 21, 2009 that told me "there's no such thing as Storm2". Ironically, Storm2 was released on October 28, 2009.
    How is that ironic? At the time you asked, it didn't exist.
    My opinon is mine and mine alone. If you don't like it, go to Match.com and find someone who cares.
    Got an Android? Check out www.androidcentral.com
    Shout out to CyberWarrior and his great walls!
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/wall...allpapers.html