Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    325B3305
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How much data do you actually use?

Hi everyone.

I used Blackberries (A Curve 8330 followed by an 8530) on Verizon back in the unlimited data days, and I can't seem to remember how much data I actually blew through. I'm looking into getting a secondhand Tour and was wondering how much data you guys use on average?

Thanks!
    RobotSongBird
    FRIENDS-MUSIC-LOVE-ETERNITY
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    PIN

I've used 200mb so far the first two weeks into my billing cycle. It would be A LOT more but thankfully I'm either in an office or home so wifi is readily available.
    Thanked by:
    RobotSongBird (10-30-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

I have 10 days left on my billing cycle and so far I have 2.6 gigs down.
    Thanked by:

Just remember the Tour does not have wifi. So all data will be through the plan.
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

I'm on wifi 70% of the time, but I wanted to actually use most of my 2GB plan (since I'm paying for it anyway..) so I turned it off.

After watching Youtube videos, constant emails, light Pandora use, etc.. I just got to 300mb and I'm about 3 days from the end of my billing period.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    325B3305
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by shemaree09 View Post
    I'm on wifi 70% of the time, but I wanted to actually use most of my 2GB plan (since I'm paying for it anyway..) so I turned it off.

After watching Youtube videos, constant emails, light Pandora use, etc.. I just got to 300mb and I'm about 3 days from the end of my billing period.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Thanks everyone, but shemaree09, your usage sounds closest to mine (save for the fact that I don't watch YouTube on the go), so I think I should be fine. I don't remember using too much data back when I was using the Curves, I guess I'll just wait and see.
    FRIENDS-MUSIC-LOVE-ETERNITY
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

I use about 4 gigs a month.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

I only use about 30mb a month. Just BESX, gmail, and yahoo. Also some texting. Very little browsing no streaming of music or movies. I wish vzw had a lower data plan like ATT has.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fire6 View Post
    I only use about 30mb a month. Just BESX, gmail, and yahoo. Also some texting. Very little browsing no streaming of music or movies. I wish vzw had a lower data plan like ATT has.

Verizon recently offered a 300mb plan. I just checked my account one day and it was available.

I'm like you, except I stream music and browse the web over wifi a lot and still only use about 60mb/month.

Check to see if Verizon is offering the 300mb in your area. Its $20/month.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

I read it was being tested in the midwest. I keep checking the vzw site. Smallest plan in 2G. I would switch if available.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,051 Global Posts

I average 1.2GB per month. Luckily I'm grandfathered into the unlimited package with Verizon as far as data is concerned. My billing cycle started over yesterday and I'm already at 215MB.
    Last edited by Apollo_Creed; 11-28-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Wrong data usage
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

I have never even used a gig on my
    Tour, there is a verizion app "My Verizion Mobile" I think it is on their site. It is free and allows you to check your usage. Pretty good for free
    CrackBerry Genius

The 300MB plan isn't just in the Midwest. I'm seeing it right here in NY too.

I have unlimited and I'm using about 5GB a month. I do tether sometimes to my kindle and other devices but I have the unlimited tethering package as well.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    "If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." -Emily Dickinson
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,544 Global Posts

About 3-4 GB a month. Mostly on the 3 GB side

Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,486 Global Posts

Woah... I thought BBs helped with data usage?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    PIN

Alright, at the end of my billing cycle I used a whopping 470mb

However, as I stated before, I'm always plugged into wifi one way or another. I guesstimate that had I not been fortunate to always be around wifi, I'd be using about 2-3gb of data a month.

And to go a step further, if I was using an iPhone or Android device, I'd probably be using 4-5gb worth of data.

BB compression is awesome
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Vzw does off the 300mb plan. Its not always advertised but if you call customer service they will switch you. And you can always switch back. For those of us using minimum data it saves $10.00. Its good to have options.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fire6 View Post
    300mb Vz data package:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/verizon-wireless-f71/verizon-300mb-20-data-plan-675155/#post6901140