Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Has anybody noticed the marketing of the Blackberry in print and tv?

I wonder how many people will be getting a new blackberry beacuse of the marketing that is being done lately. I noticed that all the cell carriers are pushing it as a great fathers day gift.
    I really feel that some will get a BB and not reallize what its really for.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,519 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Nicely :)

Quote Originally Posted by infinity_656 View Post
    I wonder how many people will be getting a new blackberry beacuse of the marketing that is being done lately. I noticed that all the cell carriers are pushing it as a great fathers day gift.
    I def agree... but then again this can also be a good thing because the more users the more $$ RIM makes which leads to better product development... which also leads to more crackheads (hopefully) purchasing themes and apps from developers which in turn allows them to be able to price some apps at a more affordable price ( and when i say affordable im not reffering to the $5-15 apps im reffering to the 30$ + )
    Mista Los
    BlackBerry...its NOT a phone... Its a Lifestyle!-Mista Los

Follow me at your own risk :
    www.Twitter.com/Realestatepro Los@Crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,904 Global Posts
    PIN
    "HOOK EM"

Yep noticed the advertising.
    BOLD 9780 "HOOK EM"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    t of Tequila!

I havent seen anything lately.
    New Jersey Bad Boy!

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/Mr_cuervo
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts

i see the blackberry commericals all the time! i like them too!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

Its everywhere!
    The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
    Vince Lombardi
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,579 Global Posts

Its an attempt to hold back the tide of the iphone. Don't kid yourselves. Rim didn't just wake up one day and decide to start rolling out commercials. They see the power of effective advertising the iphone has had and they want to share the spotlight.

-db

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    just ask

i see them all the time. i'm always like "look, it's my phone"
    "If I could reach the stars I'd pull one down for you
    Shine it on my heart so you could see the truth
    That this love I have inside is everything it seems
    But for now I find it's only in my dreams" -Eric Clapton
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I ALWAYS get excited!!!!!!!!
    live. laugh. love.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    PIN
    3075E7A4

Thats what advertizing is all about! To sell phones. The more ads, the more phones they sell. It's all about how much money do they spend, to how much money they make. This is the perfect example of capitalism.
    "There's only 3 things I want to hear from you number 2....
    You're right,
    clear right,
    and I'll take the fat one."
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    PIN
    30BD81F9

I see it often, but it had no influence on my decision to buy my Curve.
    Tour, Nokia BH-200 Bluetooth Headset, Alpine BT (car), 8gb Micro SD, Flickr,Facebook, Crackberry Shortcut, Car and Driver, Yahoo Search, MediaSync, Favorite
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I tell my fam and friends that are stuck on wack Treos, and Windows Mobile phones.... "Look! Get with it!"
    live. laugh. love.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Yes there has been alot of additional advertising in the past couple of months... But why not advertise the Bold as the ultimate smartphone... Comon RIM step out on a limb and say its the best, convince us cracks to buy yet another berry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    PIN
    3075E7A4

Quote Originally Posted by cjmjmm2006 View Post
    Yes there has been alot of additional advertising in the past couple of months... But why not advertise the Bold as the ultimate smartphone... Comon RIM step out on a limb and say its the best, convince us cracks to buy yet another berry
    you know they gots to gets rids of all dem der curves first heeeehaw
    "There's only 3 things I want to hear from you number 2....
    You're right,
    clear right,
    and I'll take the fat one."
    CrackBerry Master

I doubt that because BBs have been around for ages and when someone says BlackBerry the other person instantly links it to business/corporate use. So people might get BBs just for the heck of it but they darn sure will know what it really is...and hopefully put it to the right use at some point of time!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

I do agree that the more people that buy the blackberry the cheaper the acessories will become. The one thing that the persom will notice about the blackberry vs the iphone is the cheap price they are being offered for> In most of the Ads the blackberry is list as being sold for sub 100.00 price
    CrackBerry User

i assume that blackberrys started out more for business reasons, but with the fun colors and new marketing - i started to want one. fresh out of high school going to college in the fall and needing a way to CONSTANTLY be connected. not that my laptop and ipod touch werent enough. but it made sense to me to have access to my emails and the internet all the time, for different uses than its first intentions in the business world but for the intentions of a young adult; eventually i may mature and use it for the original intentions, but its easily adaptable, in my opinion.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Qill tip please

I have noticed it as well. Go RIM!

CrackBerry User

I was up for renewal and was ready for more features. I looked at the LG voyager, BB pearl, and the curve. The curve won easily.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Up Art

I just noticed this too, they're all really pushing the curve and pearl. Makes me think the new phones are coming out sooner than expected
    CrackBerry Newbie

more the better
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey

I just got it cause it has a camera. Why? Does it do more than that??

LOLOL Ok seriously, I'll admit, I ended up with an 8330 after seeing the ads everywhere, and I probably wouldnt have otherwise. But here's the reason. I've been ready for months to move beyond "just" an Mp3 capable camera phone. I assumed the only route for me (being a VZ customer) was the Voyager, or more recently the Glyde. However after seeing all the BB ads, I started reading up on their capabilities and realized Blackberrys weren't only for CEOs and the like. I always assumed if you werent a business man/woman, you had no need for such a device. Glad to say the ads led me to read beyond the stereotype.
    Storm Video Conversion Made Easy
    ---------------------------------------
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,405 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

It was one reason I started looking into them. Before BB I was a smart phone guy who payed $44.95 for the data plan, as that is the only data plan they have for smart phones. I went with BB for the cheaper data plan. I have come to love BB and don't think I will ever own another type phone.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts

this is one of my favorite commercials *vibrate* "ahhh what a bad girl.......man" *phone rings* "God relentless"

hahahahahahaha

laugh everytime.......check it out below

Last edited by Castor Troy; 06-19-2008 at 07:28 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ever1ast View Post
    I just got it cause it has a camera. Why? Does it do more than that??

LOLOL Ok seriously, I'll admit, I ended up with an 8330 after seeing the ads everywhere, and I probably wouldnt have otherwise. But here's the reason. I've been ready for months to move beyond "just" an Mp3 capable camera phone. I assumed the only route for me (being a VZ customer) was the Voyager, or more recently the Glyde. However after seeing all the BB ads, I started reading up on their capabilities and realized Blackberrys weren't only for CEOs and the like. I always assumed if you werent a business man/woman, you had no need for such a device. Glad to say the ads led me to read beyond the stereotype.

I was the same way. My biggest reason for going with a curve was that it had a qwerty keyboard and my big hands could handle it. I looked at the other keyboard phones that verizon offered, but once I found out that with NE2 and other discounts that I could have a BB for $50 it was my cheapest option. After 2 weeks, I am wondering how I managed WITHOUT my BB. It is the world at your fingertips. I am to the point where my wife calls my curve my mistress since I never set it down.