Full Retail Price ?!!?
Unfortunately I'm not eligible for an upgrade until September and I want a Z10 badly. So what do you guys think take the $600 plus hit ? And possible upgrade to an even newer BB 10 device during the holiday season or wait it out ? I'm nether rich or poor ... (Right in the middle) and obviously I can't decide. Someone convince me either way plz haha
- 03-14-13, 11:07 AM #2
Can you pay an early upgrade fee? I was a year away from my contract ending, but simply had to have it! However, if you are willing to wait you would save some cash, have a more perfect platform, more complete app ecosystem, and perhaps a new flagship device on the horizon.
- 03-14-13, 11:11 AM #3
As I suspect you only look for a cyber -"friend" to "push you off the edge" I say: Go for it!
I was in the same boat....
In my case my Torch 9800 (a very beloved and highly delivering tool in my hands for 2+ years) was not enough for me anymore... I needed the update. I waited for bb10 and I did not want to go for an Android as little use I had did not "catch my heart" and iphone was in my sights at some point but was seriously put off by some aspects of it. When I got my mind set back to BB10 and after seeing the phone experience in the first month, I went out and got it! My carrier has yet to launch bb10 here...
My z10 is the 100-2 model, unlocked for approx 650USD and have not regreted a bit, to the contrary!
There are quite some things that need to be fixed here, don't get me wrong, but BB seems to be moving them really quickly. Apart from that, even with the drawbacks (temporary), I am still having a great experience with my Z10 and loving it every day more
I also have an upgrade coming up, which I will use for discounts in my monthly plan so I should be like having paid about 250$ for the phone to the end of the year.
Since you also have the update in Sept. you will have the chance to go for another new phone later on, this is cool!
Responsible behaviour would say "don't do it yet" -save your money- but if you "follow your heart" (and addiction) you will not be disappointed! (I give me a treat like that every 2 years aprox so it was time... ).
If you can afford it I would say Go for it, I did and I have not regreted it a bit!
Come to the Z side of the force.....
As long as I have the "core social " apps I don't really need a crazy app selection. Those and a few games are plenty for me. I love the Z10 for the OS / hub. And yes I am looking for a cyber friend to make me do it lol.
- 03-14-13, 01:26 PM #7
- 03-14-13, 09:03 PM #10
I have an upgrade in August and I am not waiting. I ordered my Z10 from Best Buy (which is $700...$100 more than directly from VZW...but I had a ton of gift cards to use so its ok). I don't regret it. Once you just place your order, you won't look back!
- 03-15-13, 09:02 AM #13
Hahaha I feel you with the girlfriend.. get her one too lol!!
I always go with the direct Approach darling I got you a present... and we'll I got me one too because it was so o o o o o great and the price was so o o o o good...hey wait, I cannot tell you the price... it would not be a present then
Alternatively make her enjoy by buying something of equal value for herself and THEN you get the phone haha haha. Or just simply be "A real Man" and ask Her baby, can I buy the...No...?...oh, ok..."
Posted via CB10
Haha yaaaaa ... Well the White is exclusive to VZW ... And he did say oh that ones cute lol .... Getting her to part w that damn iPhone is another battle tho !!! Me on the other hand can't wait to get rid of this thing. Only reason I'm on it cuz my 9930 ended up in a toilet dammit
- 03-19-13, 06:03 PM #18
- 03-20-13, 06:20 PM #20
I'm in the same boat I was about to drop $600 but decided to add another line then take my old flip Razr switch it to the new line move the Z10 to my regular line then give that old Razr to my mom she doesn't care about cell phones anyways she owns a prepaid phone. Maybe the great option but it's an option. I get my Z10 for $199.00 at least that's what I did.
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-22-13, 08:06 PM #21
- 113 Posts
So I just called Verizon since the phone comes out in a week but I can't upgrade until April 27. I asked the rep if I could upgrade early at all possible and he said no. He gave me a weird not straight answer, mentioning something about being able to order it and therefore it wasn't eligable. He then went on, "if you wanted an iphone 5 I could probably do that, but not this phone." Has anyone heard of this before, why you can early upgrade with one phone but not another. I figured I will try in the store on Friday.
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-23-13, 03:00 PM #22
- 285 Posts
I talked with a Verizon rep myself about an early upgrade (I'm not due until mid-September) and was told that Verizon currently has early upgrades "locked out" on the Z10. Normally a manager can authorize an early upgrade, especially for a long time customer, but Verizon won't let that happen for a couple of months on the Z10. She suggested checking back in late May or early June, when the managers may be able to then authorize the early upgrade. Also, you have a better chance of getting the early upgrade on the phone than directly in the Verizon store, she said. I'm choosing to wait and save the $400 extra it would cost to upgrade now by paying full price.
- By LaRZo in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 12Last Post: 06-15-09, 10:28 PM
- By trt1980 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 7Last Post: 11-17-08, 04:57 PM
- By ShortSxit in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 37Last Post: 11-16-08, 09:52 PM
- By ssupreet in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 2Last Post: 11-16-08, 03:17 AM
- By pete2s in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 18Last Post: 11-04-08, 07:44 PM