• 2 Post By DaMaRa1109
  • 1 Post By DaMaRa1109
  • 1 Post By Elessar.cm
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Full Retail Price ?!!?

Unfortunately I'm not eligible for an upgrade until September and I want a Z10 badly. So what do you guys think take the $600 plus hit ? And possible upgrade to an even newer BB 10 device during the holiday season or wait it out ? I'm nether rich or poor ... (Right in the middle) and obviously I can't decide. Someone convince me either way plz haha
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

Can you pay an early upgrade fee? I was a year away from my contract ending, but simply had to have it! However, if you are willing to wait you would save some cash, have a more perfect platform, more complete app ecosystem, and perhaps a new flagship device on the horizon.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,260 Global Posts

As I suspect you only look for a cyber -"friend" to "push you off the edge" I say: Go for it!

I was in the same boat....

In my case my Torch 9800 (a very beloved and highly delivering tool in my hands for 2+ years) was not enough for me anymore... I needed the update. I waited for bb10 and I did not want to go for an Android as little use I had did not "catch my heart" and iphone was in my sights at some point but was seriously put off by some aspects of it. When I got my mind set back to BB10 and after seeing the phone experience in the first month, I went out and got it! My carrier has yet to launch bb10 here...
    My z10 is the 100-2 model, unlocked for approx 650USD and have not regreted a bit, to the contrary!

There are quite some things that need to be fixed here, don't get me wrong, but BB seems to be moving them really quickly. Apart from that, even with the drawbacks (temporary), I am still having a great experience with my Z10 and loving it every day more

I also have an upgrade coming up, which I will use for discounts in my monthly plan so I should be like having paid about 250$ for the phone to the end of the year.

Since you also have the update in Sept. you will have the chance to go for another new phone later on, this is cool!

Responsible behaviour would say "don't do it yet" -save your money- but if you "follow your heart" (and addiction) you will not be disappointed! (I give me a treat like that every 2 years aprox so it was time... ).

If you can afford it I would say Go for it, I did and I have not regreted it a bit!

Come to the Z side of the force.....
    Common logic was introduced in order to balance the absurdity of common perception, then we invented marketing and messed it all up again.

BarBerryan by choice
    DaMaRa1109 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I've never heard of an early upgrade fee thru Verizon but it might be worth a shot. That's a good idea.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

As long as I have the "core social " apps I don't really need a crazy app selection. Those and a few games are plenty for me. I love the Z10 for the OS / hub. And yes I am looking for a cyber friend to make me do it lol.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,260 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaMaRa1109 View Post
    As long as I have the "core social " apps I don't really need a crazy app selection. Those and a few games are plenty for me. I love the Z10 for the OS / hub. And yes I am looking for a cyber friend to make me do it lol.
    GO GET IT .... THE Z FORCE NEEEEDS YOUUUUUU....

Common logic was introduced in order to balance the absurdity of common perception, then we invented marketing and messed it all up again.

BarBerryan by choice

Unfortunately I'm not eligible for an upgrade until September and I want a Z10 badly. So what do you guys think take the $600 plus hit ? And possible upgrade to an even newer BB 10 device during the holiday season or wait it out ? I'm nether rich or poor ... (Right in the middle) and obviously I can't decide. Someone convince me either way plz haha
    I just did this myself. I just held off awaiting the Bedside mode fix, the walked into my local carrier store and bought it outright. No regrets. The Z is a quantum leap above my trusty old 9900.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar.cm View Post
    I just did this myself. I just held off awaiting the Bedside mode fix, the walked into my local carrier store and bought it outright. No regrets. The Z is a quantum leap above my trusty old 9900.
    How much did it come to ?

I paid $600 + tax. Then $35 for the holster.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,648 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM

I have an upgrade in August and I am not waiting. I ordered my Z10 from Best Buy (which is $700...$100 more than directly from VZW...but I had a ton of gift cards to use so its ok). I don't regret it. Once you just place your order, you won't look back!
    My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by ajst222 View Post
    I have an upgrade in August and I am not waiting. I ordered my Z10 from Best Buy (which is $700...$100 more than directly from VZW...but I had a ton of gift cards to use so its ok). I don't regret it. Once you just place your order, you won't look back!
    Damn ... Got any extra gift cards to send my way wink*wink* lol jk. But u guys are really convincing me to make the crazy decision to pay that crazy amount for a phone. Just gotta trick my GF into thinking I paid half the price I'm really going to hmmmmmmmm!?!?! Ideas?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

But hey I have been waiting over a yr right .......
    currentodysseys likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,260 Global Posts

But hey I have been waiting over a yr right .......
    Right!!!

Hahaha I feel you with the girlfriend.. get her one too lol!!

I always go with the direct Approach darling I got you a present... and we'll I got me one too because it was so o o o o o great and the price was so o o o o good...hey wait, I cannot tell you the price... it would not be a present then
    ..." :-p

Alternatively make her enjoy by buying something of equal value for herself and THEN you get the phone haha haha. Or just simply be "A real Man" and ask Her baby, can I buy the...No...?...oh, ok..."

Posted via CB10

BarBerryan by choice
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Haha yaaaaa ... Well the White is exclusive to VZW ... And he did say oh that ones cute lol .... Getting her to part w that damn iPhone is another battle tho !!! Me on the other hand can't wait to get rid of this thing. Only reason I'm on it cuz my 9930 ended up in a toilet dammit

Damn ... Got any extra gift cards to send my way wink*wink* lol jk. But u guys are really convincing me to make the crazy decision to pay that crazy amount for a phone. Just gotta trick my GF into thinking I paid half the price I'm really going to hmmmmmmmm!?!?! Ideas?
    It won't help right now, but always have a stash that the girlfriend (or wife) doesn't know about! That's part of the reason I'm still married after 25 years. Avoid confrontation.
    ajst222 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

VERIZON has no discount for upgrade customers
    CrackBerry Abuser

Obviously your call, but I would definitely get the Z10 now, then in September maybe this Aristo phone would be out. You could sell your Z10 for say $350, and get the new phone for $200.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,648 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatty View Post
    VERIZON has no discount for upgrade customers
    ...yes they do...it is $199.99 with an upgrade (aka the upgrade price). Full retail is $599.99. There is always a discount when you have an upgrade.
    My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

If I were you, I would wait 1 month. People will have the Z10 up on eBay, Craigslist, and all forums for around $500 or even less.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    PIN
    personal identification number

I'm in the same boat I was about to drop $600 but decided to add another line then take my old flip Razr switch it to the new line move the Z10 to my regular line then give that old Razr to my mom she doesn't care about cell phones anyways she owns a prepaid phone. Maybe the great option but it's an option. I get my Z10 for $199.00 at least that's what I did.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32FE7236

So I just called Verizon since the phone comes out in a week but I can't upgrade until April 27. I asked the rep if I could upgrade early at all possible and he said no. He gave me a weird not straight answer, mentioning something about being able to order it and therefore it wasn't eligable. He then went on, "if you wanted an iphone 5 I could probably do that, but not this phone." Has anyone heard of this before, why you can early upgrade with one phone but not another. I figured I will try in the store on Friday.
    "Ever true to you,
    Dear old White and Blue"
    CrackBerry Abuser

I talked with a Verizon rep myself about an early upgrade (I'm not due until mid-September) and was told that Verizon currently has early upgrades "locked out" on the Z10. Normally a manager can authorize an early upgrade, especially for a long time customer, but Verizon won't let that happen for a couple of months on the Z10. She suggested checking back in late May or early June, when the managers may be able to then authorize the early upgrade. Also, you have a better chance of getting the early upgrade on the phone than directly in the Verizon store, she said. I'm choosing to wait and save the $400 extra it would cost to upgrade now by paying full price.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

So close to pulling the trigger at full price and my upgrade is the end of May. lol I just can't justify 600+ on a phone with these specs. So, I wait.