Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Did you get to keep your VZW unlimited data plan?

As many of you are getting the new BB7's and renewing contracts, did VZW grandfather your unlimited data or put you into one of their new tiered plans?

I've always just gone to the Verizon store to get my new phones but this time I know I am buying a 9850 (assuming announcement soon). How does the activation work if I order online, and how do I transfer my contacts, etc. from my old phone to the new one? They always do that for me at the store. Sorry for so many ????s, but I would really prefer to just order one this time and have it delivered to my home. You guys make it seem so simple I feel really stupid for even having to ask!

And, I just noticed that CB has a phone store... where have I been?
    Last edited by InnerChild; 08-19-2011 at 05:05 PM.
    New White Q10 (First physical keyboard!)
    Beautiful White Z10, 64GB Playbook (2)
    Galaxy Note II
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

As long as you keep a smartphone on the line the Unlimited data will always be there.
    Thanked by:
    Innerchild (08-19-2011) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,139 Global Posts

I just bought a 9930 and got to keep my unlimited data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnly View Post
    Yeah, it is! Jennels first post is gold.
    @missjennell
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am still waiting to play with the 9930 in store but I was told I would lose the unlimited plan because I am going from an iphone 4 to a BES corporate plan. I was told that by both store manager and customer service. Can anyone confirm if that is true?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask please

Yes I kept the same unlimited plan I've had.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ifxbandit View Post
    I am still waiting to play with the 9930 in store but I was told I would lose the unlimited plan because I am going from an iphone 4 to a BES corporate plan. I was told that by both store manager and customer service. Can anyone confirm if that is true?
    It was said that everyone can keep their unlimited data package even if you upgrade to another smartphone.

Now if this has changed it is news to me.
    CrackBerry User

Got my 9930 and definitely kept my unlimited plan.

Activation and moving things to the new device was really simple, by the way. You get instructions with the phone.
    Vitam Impendere Vero
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ifxbandit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itzdatdude View Post
    It was said that everyone can keep their unlimited data package even if you upgrade to another smartphone.

Now if this has changed it is news to me.
    You're both right. I asked VZW about this just this afternoon, more to confirm what I was told last winter. Your unlimited data plan will be grandfathered so long as you keep a smartphone on the line AND you make no changes to your plan.

For ifxbandit, if you're changing to a BES plan from anything else, that will constitute a plan change. I'm not with VZW so I can't say with certainty that they'll drop your existing data plan, but I'd not be surprised if they take it away.
    Storm 9530, Tour 9630, Bold 9650, Bold 9930, Samsung Galaxy S3, Q10, and Z10, all on Big Red.
    Nook Color w/CM7.2, iPad2, Nook Color w/CM10.1.3, Dell Venue 8 Pro
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    PIN
    28CFEDF7

Not true, you can change your pice lag and still keep your unlimited data, I did . The key is the smartphone for smartphone phone change. You can move from BB to iPhone to Windows at any time and u keep ur unl data
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not anymore

Quote Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
    I just bought a 9930 and got to keep my unlimited data plan.
    Yup, worked just fine online for me.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redhalo79 View Post
    Not true, you can change your pice lag and still keep your unlimited data, I did . The key is the smartphone for smartphone phone change. You can move from BB to iPhone to Windows at any time and u keep ur unl data
    "pice lag" ?

If you replaced a smartphone with another smartphone, then your data plan was grandfathered. The same goes for @ifxbandit. If @ifxbandit stays with a personal plan then the unlimited data is grandfathered. The actual hardware is secondary -- it won't matter if the phone is from Apple, RIM, Motorola, etc.

This isn't about changing phones. It's about changing from a personal plan to a commercial BES plan, which is completely different to VZW. It sounds like the folks in the store had this one right.

Keep in mind that there may be corporate discounts that will ultimately give @ifxbandit a good deal on data. That will depend on whatever arrangement that his/her company has with Verizon.
    Storm 9530, Tour 9630, Bold 9650, Bold 9930, Samsung Galaxy S3, Q10, and Z10, all on Big Red.
    Nook Color w/CM7.2, iPad2, Nook Color w/CM10.1.3, Dell Venue 8 Pro
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,141 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBCE4E

I kept my unlimited from the iPhone 4 to the new Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,178 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

Quote Originally Posted by InnerChild View Post
    As many of you are getting the new BB7's and renewing contracts, did VZW grandfather your unlimited data or put you into one of their new tiered plans?

I've always just gone to the Verizon store to get my new phones but this time I know I am buying a 9850 (assuming announcement soon). How does the activation work if I order online, and how do I transfer my contacts, etc. from my old phone to the new one? They always do that for me at the store. Sorry for so many ????s, but I would really prefer to just order one this time and have it delivered to my home. You guys make it seem so simple I feel really stupid for even having to ask!

And, I just noticed that CB has a phone store... where have I been?
    Use BlackBerry Protect on your old device and back up. BB Protect should come pre-installed on the new device. Log in and it will offer to restore your contacts/calendar, etc.

You can self activate the phone. Call in to VZW.

When you enter your phone number, their system will recognize you have an outstanding order and it'll present order related options. One option is to activate the new device on your line. It is all automated.

Except, once they confirm the device is assigned to your line, you still need to dial *228 on the phone and have the network "program" it. Done and done. No humans need get involved.. lol.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

I have kept my unlimited data but my Droid is going pffffttttttt and I don't have another phone that I can use until I can afford an insurance claim. I wanna keep my unlimited data too.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MisterObvious View Post
    I have kept my unlimited data but my Droid is going pffffttttttt and I don't have another phone that I can use until I can afford an insurance claim. I wanna keep my unlimited data too.
    So your Droid isn't working at this point? That's how I read your post. You don't need a working phone to keep your plan going. Drop your voice plan as low as you can but don't touch the data plan if you can't get a new phone for a while.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

Right. I just added another line since we were thinking of getting my niece a phone anyway and I just activated my old Touch Diamond so at least I have a phone. Since I have GV I don't have to give everyone my new number. lol
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    PIN
    E CONES

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by DCAce View Post
    Got my 9930 and definitely kept my unlimited plan.

Activation and moving things to the new device was really simple, by the way. You get instructions with the phone.
    You can also use the DM software. There's a device swap option. Plug your old phone in and use that. Then when it tells you to, unplug your old phone, plug in your new phone and it will move your contacts, apps and settings over to your new phone.
    God save us all. Go Sharks.

Yes, I am a woman and I like hockey. Deal with it.
    CrackBerry User

I got to keep my unlimited plan. You are grandfathered in.

To get your contacts over from one smartphone to the other, you need backup assistant. you can download that into your new phone and get contacts from old to new.

I ordered my phone online and called VZW and they helped me to get everything running, as I had a little problem with my email.

FYI: At a Verizon Wireless store here in southeastern VA, I went into the store looking for a case for my new 9930. Low and behold, they had the Bold IN THE STORE to buy. They told me that some stores are already selling it, versus the 25th of August sell date for stores.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redhalo79 View Post

I would be happy to address your questions in relation to the Unlimited Data Plan for $29.99. As you all know, our data pricing plan changed on 7/7/11. As of that date, we no longer have any unlimited data plans and any new smartphone activations after 7/7/11 would need to select a tiered data plan.

With that being said, if you need to have corporate email set up on your Blackberry, you will also need to select one of the new tiered data plans because we will need to change the feature code on the account since we no longer have the unlimited plan.

TH
    Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,622 Global Posts

We would be happy if you didn't address these questions. You are wrong. You can activate any new smartphone and keep unlimited data, if you had it prior to 7/7. In fact, that is the default choice when you upgrade online. You would have to uncheck the unlimited data option, and check a new tiered plan to switch over to a tierd plan.

Quote Originally Posted by VZW_CS View Post
    I would be happy to address your questions in relation to the Unlimited Data Plan for $29.99. As you all know, our data pricing plan changed on 7/7/11. As of that date, we no longer have any unlimited data plans and any new smartphone activations after 7/7/11 would need to select a tiered data plan.

With that being said, if you need to have corporate email set up on your Blackberry, you will also need to select one of the new tiered data plans because we will need to change the feature code on the account since we no longer have the unlimited plan.

TH
    Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
    Thanked by 2:
    GingerSnapsBack (08-25-2011),  frifred (08-25-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiplatham View Post
    We would be happy if you didn't address these questions. You are wrong. You can activate any new smartphone and keep unlimited data, if you had it prior to 7/7. In fact, that is the default choice when you upgrade online. You would have to uncheck the unlimited data option, and check a new tiered plan to switch over to a tierd plan.
    I think the rep was talking about if he were to switch to corporate e-mail from the grandfathered BIS plan.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

reading this i feel a lot better knowing i can keep my unlimited data plan when i get another phone thanks everybody!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,260 Global Posts

As long as you upgrade to a newer device you can keep your unlimited data. But from what I understand they are coming out with unlimited family plans which might spark my interest.

MrObvious likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ESN View Post
    As long as you upgrade to a newer device you can keep your unlimited data. But from what I understand they are coming out with unlimited family plans which might spark my interest.

Actually to clarify, you can use ANY smartphone on Verizon and keep your $29.99 plan. It can be an old PPC6700 or an iPhone or Thunderbolt, it doesn't matter.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,450 Global Posts

I can't believe unlimited data is a thing of the past! I'm holding onto it as long as possible. I can't imagine staying at 2GB, with either Android or BlackBerry. Even with my Your I used more than 2 gigs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast