Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ummie4
  • 1 Post By Itzdatdude
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default In Case Some of You VZW customers don't know...

Hi everyone! I ordered my new Bold 9930 online Monday night at midnight. I went into a VZW Store here in southeastern VA on Friday morning to look for a protective case. They are already selling the Bold 9930 in some of the VZW stores, instead of waiting for the 25th of August (Thursday) in-store selling date.

I just wanted to let you all know in case you didn't, and you would want to go to the store to buy your new Bold instead of ordering it online.

But, I will say, I paid for overnight shipping ($12.99) and called VZW from home phone landline and it was a breeze to get the phone up and running. I have backup assistant and my contacts went right to the new Bold and the VZW rep helped me to get my email up and running. It takes A LOT LONGER in the store if you ask me!

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,944 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reneezumbagirl View Post
    Hi everyone! I ordered my new Bold 9930 online Monday night at midnight. I went into a VZW Store here in southeastern VA on Friday morning to look for a protective case. They are already selling the Bold 9930 in some of the VZW stores, instead of waiting for the 25th of August (Thursday) in-store selling date.

I just wanted to let you all know in case you didn't, and you would want to go to the store to buy your new Bold instead of ordering it online.

But, I will say, I paid for overnight shipping ($12.99) and called VZW from home phone landline and it was a breeze to get the phone up and running. I have backup assistant and my contacts went right to the new Bold and the VZW rep helped me to get my email up and running. It takes A LOT LONGER in the store if you ask me!

Yes, I've always thought online ordering was the way to go and easier overall experience. I checked my local corp store and no 9930's available yet, so thinking it can be hit/miss for finding in store. The stores and market should be saturated soon enough tho.
    CrackBerry Addict

Ask the nice rep when they're getting the blessed 9850!!!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FCA19C

Have seen them in stock in the CT Verizon store at West Farms mall. I ordered mine online - free shipping, no activation fee. Just received the FED EX tracking # for overnight shipping.

I'm not a fan of buying in the retail stores as there's always either a wait or the salespeople try to upsell you to a dozen other things.

I've had exceptionally good experiences dealing with Verizon over the phone for activations and replacements. Poor experiences in store where unless you are there for a new line they often seem like they don't want to know.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes I just bought mine today at an official corporate store as opposed to an "authorized reseller" They started selling them in that store on Sat the 20th.

Harrisburg PA location
    tkong likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post
    Have seen them in stock in the CT Verizon store at West Farms mall. I ordered mine online - free shipping, no activation fee. Just received the FED EX tracking # for overnight shipping.

I'm not a fan of buying in the retail stores as there's always either a wait or the salespeople try to upsell you to a dozen other things.

I've had exceptionally good experiences dealing with Verizon over the phone for activations and replacements. Poor experiences in store where unless you are there for a new line they often seem like they don't want to know.
    I'm not a fan of dealing with the retail store either. I do all my business with VZW on the phone or online. All for those same reason that you gave.

I only go into one of their stores if I am ready to upgrade to a new phone. I go in, play with the phone that I am interested in, and if I really like it I go home and order it online.

Free next day delivery, instant online savings. You can't beat that.
    auntrosie likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    PIN
    WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by ummie4 View Post
    Yes I just bought mine today at an official corporate store as opposed to an "authorized reseller" They started selling them in that store on Sat the 20th.

Harrisburg PA location
    Authorized dealers are the worst!

I almost got screwed out of my upgrade when an authorized dealer sold me three bad android phones. Luckily, when I called tech support, and explained my situation, they transferred me to customer service where a very nice manager retro deactivated my upgrade date so my upgrade hadn't been used yet. He then told me I could have the pick of any phone for two year pricing. I told him I wanted the Bold 9930. He gave me the option to either have it overnighted or I could go pick on up at my local store. I chose the latter. He called the local corporate store to let them know I was coming. I walked in, they had it ready, I gave them my number and I was out the door within 10 mins of walking in with my shiny new 9930 that I paid $199 for.

Thanks corporate vz. Authorized dealers give vz a bad name.
    Let's GO HOKIES!!