Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Blackberry with no data plan???

Had a customer call in today to set up email on her blackberry. She had an storm that got lost, activated some old gin phone (get it now) dummie phone, and when she got her replacement she activated (it don't know if it was online or *228 option 3) anyway i set up her bis account and all that get the new pin on her acc try sending service books and it fails, so we ota and soft reset... still nothing. I then glance at her account and see there is no data plan associated with it... So I think that maybe this was a freak accident or if you activate an old line it will take the BB data plan off but not add it on automatically when new BB is activated.
    I dunno just thought I should share and see if anyone could test this? I know that whenever we activate blackberries the data plan is immediately added.
    Don't ask, and we won't tell.
    This is my opinion and in no way reflects the opinion of Verizon Wireless or its affiliates. Do not consider talking to me a substitute to actually talking to a Verizon representitive, because I often lie. I find it very sad and pathetic that anyone would actually read this far... And to anyone who reads this and thinks its dumb a big middle finger to you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have seen it happen before however it is definately a system error.
    CrackBerry Master

Would be the first time I've ever seen it in about 100,000 transactions I've processed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Yeah I knew it was an error once i pulled it up, but if people want their bb minus the data plan (I dont know what the point would be) they should try to cause an error in the system
    This is my opinion and in no way reflects the opinion of Verizon Wireless or its affiliates. Do not consider talking to me a substitute to actually talking to a Verizon representitive, because I often lie. I find it very sad and pathetic that anyone would actually read this far... And to anyone who reads this and thinks its dumb a big middle finger to you.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Default I dunno why

Quote Originally Posted by vatothe0 View Post
    Would be the first time I've ever seen it in about 100,000 transactions I've processed.

Usually when i see no data plan they have the unlimited blackberry plan, but this had no data plan at all... it was set to pay per mb
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by blue_and_bold View Post
    Yeah I knew it was an error once i pulled it up, but if people want their bb minus the data plan (I dont know what the point would be) they should try to cause an error in the system
    Those who ask to have a bb without the data plan don't need the phone. And causing that error is highly unlikely... when I seen the error occur it wasn't the only issue happening.

Usually when i see no data plan they have the unlimited blackberry plan, but this had no data plan at all... it was set to pay per mb
    When they are on the nationwide unlimited email & web bb plan it will show no data plan. It's similar to how the select plan shows up with $0 texting.
    CrackBerry Master

So they can be billed thousands of dollars? Why would you suggest this?

CrackBerry Abuser

I fully agree with vato!

And with no data plan you would be billed $1.99 per mb.

Which if I didn't have the bb plan I myself would have been billed about $1200 last month.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by vatothe0 View Post
    So they can be billed thousands of dollars? Why would you suggest this?

I don't know about your 100,000 calls but I get a call every couple days of some jack*** trying to get a BB setup and when i tell him there is a data plan they freak out. I've dealt with it instore. And on many a forums I see people wondering if they can get it setup like that. I'm not saying do this it will be fun, I'm saying do this no data plan = no 29.99 a month
    CrackBerry Abuser

I get asked all of the time about not having a data plan. It's a $1 a day... take it or leave it. I hate being like that bc bb are such great devices but it's the price you pay for quality (in most cases).
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Ask for it

I saw a storm with VPAK on it once. I couldn't believe it. The phone seemed to have no issues w/ data. The guy got very pissed off when I increased his bill by $15.
    CrackBerry Master

I don't know about your 100,000 calls but I get a call every couple days of some jack*** trying to get a BB setup and when i tell him there is a data plan they freak out. I've dealt with it instore. And on many a forums I see people wondering if they can get it setup like that. I'm not saying do this it will be fun, I'm saying do this no data plan = no 29.99 a month
    So instead of paying 29.99 they can pay $1000? How is that any better?

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

wtf Some people dont use data on their phones? Like some guy goes from a gin phone to a bb
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by bs1two View Post
    I get asked all of the time about not having a data plan. It's a $1 a day... take it or leave it. I hate being like that bc bb are such great devices but it's the price you pay for quality (in most cases).
    You're not paying for quality. You're paying for a very limited internet connection. It is a convenience and nothing more. For some having a smartphone is cool but they don't want to pay for one. I see it as if you don't want to pay to play, you stay home.

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Yeah its really not that hard i know ppl that have palms and moto q's because they like the phone and they have no data plan, when you used to be able to do it. I love my BB so i can see why someone would want the phone but to not use it to its fullest makes no sense to me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

it is possible.

Not that it is recommended, and it is an error in the system.

If you do a return from a phone to a bb phone phone, the data is not taaken on or put off automatically.

Now the system update we just had changed thius, but it did use to be possible.

So it wont happen from here on out but it is something i have seen before.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Ok well I'm tellin you i know that it is an error and its not supposed to happen and if it does then its not on purpose but I had some chick call in and it wasnt on there. Normally when it happens through *228 it will have you call *611 if theres issues but if you dont and there is an issue its prob with the data plan. And yes it will cause probs when trying to get on the internet/email
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ok well I'm tellin you i know that it is an error and its not supposed to happen and if it does then its not on purpose but I had some chick call in and it wasnt on there. Normally when it happens through *228 it will have you call *611 if theres issues but if you dont and there is an issue its prob with the data plan. And yes it will cause probs when trying to get on the internet/email
    I know, you are absolutely right. I dont know if this was meant for me though. I was just saying how i have seen it before too. lol
    CrackBerry Addict

If it is an error, so be it. It is not a regular item, so don't expect it to be one.

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

And since its an error,will be creditted back for it. And if they don't use data they will be billed at the pay as you go rate and its fine.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Thats Correct
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Quote Originally Posted by bluerskyes View Post
    So if I understand correctly, you are advising customers to create billing issues for themselves? Lovely.

Good God,
    The reason I said this is because I get cust's that always want to set up a BB with no data plan. this is how you would do that, or at least an attempt. I KNOW THAT IT PUTS THEM ON A PAY AS YOU GO PLAN FOR THE DATA BUT THEY ARENT USING EMAIL/BROWSER BECAUSE THEY DIDNT WANT THE PLAN IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluerskyes View Post
    So if I understand correctly, you are advising customers to create billing issues for themselves? Lovely.

It would be verizon's fault not the customer. They could just say, well I just switched phones, I didnt realize that you didnt put my data plan back on, they couldn't do crap because it was an error on their behalf.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Quote Originally Posted by BoNg420 View Post
    It would be verizon's fault not the customer. They could just say, well I just switched phones, I didnt realize that you didnt put my data plan back on, they couldn't do crap because it was an error on their behalf.
    I knew there was someone out there that understood!
    CrackBerry Master

So they would be back to paying $29,99 a month. I don't see how this helped any one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast