Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!

Default BB10 phone release date?

Quote Originally Posted by jedwards73 View Post
    he page you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist
    Here's what you can do:

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.3253
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526
    I want to buy a new BlackBerry but no one has one for me to look at! Let alone buy! Sad....
    CrackBerry User

Try late March....so basically we get screwed for having Verizon and won't get the phone until April.

Global Posts
    61,194 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

I called and they have no knowledge of when it will be released. Has anyone heard anything concrete from VZW? I can't pre-reg, can't get the price and can't get a date. big fail here.
    I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.1052 on VZW-HTTR forever
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device
    CrackBerry User

Default So looks like March was correct as I indicated

QUOTE=travaz;7899826]I just don't know why everyone gets so Negative. the bold was announced for sale the day before you could order and have it shipped. That is what is going to happen. i believe we will get a VZW BB10 by Feb 5. So there you have it.[/QUOTE]

Per ABC news:

share:list?url=http%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2Fm%2Fs tory%3Fid%3D18353250%26ref%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fww w.google.com%252Fm%253Fq%253Dblackberry%252B10%252 6client%253Dms-opera-mini%2526channel%253Dnew&title=BlackBerry+Reinvent s+With+BlackBerry+10%2C+BlackBerry+Z10+and+Q10+Lau nch+-+ABC+News

""The BlackBerry Z10 will be available in
    Canada on Feb. 5 and in the U.K. early
    next month. In the U.S. it will be available
    in March. AT&T and Verizon have said
    they will carry one of the first phones
    with BlackBerry 10. According to RIM, the
    Z10 will be sold for a suggested retail
    price of $199 with a two-year contract; an
    unlocked version will be sold for $599."

Guess what I said isn't negative now, but more like fact.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee5799 View Post
    I called and they have no knowledge of when it will be released. Has anyone heard anything concrete from VZW? I can't pre-reg, can't get the price and can't get a date. big fail here.
    Not much info. The only info thats out is $199 on 2 year contract. I called today and of course no release date. The info from the launch says the US will be getting it in march. Great build up for a greater let down. They'll lose customers behind this one. That samsung s3 and note 2 is probably looking real good right about now to a lot of people.
    CrackBerry User

"Blackberry" as they are now called, is not a stupid company. Being released in the UK on Thursday, Canada on February 5, and in the United Arab Emirates on February 10, before it is released in the U.S. sometime in March is not an accident (or being late again as most would like to say). Blackberry knows they have only one shot in the U.S., but this is not the case in the U.K., Canada or the United Arab Emirates.

Lets face it. Just like anything brand new produced for the first time, it's bound to have some issues come up in the real world that they could not have known about until after use by their customer base. So it makes sense to launch it first globally to test it in the real world first with a customer segment that will stick by them even if issues do come up. Then, fix those issues in the 2 months they have until they are sold in the U.S. and launch a near perfect phone here (where it must be perfect to succeed).

This is a more valuable decision then rushing it out at once with the potential to not be perfect.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I talked to Tech support earlier today and they said they had very little info on the BB10 but they did verify that they were going to get it just unable to give me a release date for customers. But they sent me a link to their website to put in my email address to update me on the BB10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #33  

I also spoke with them on the phone. The lady said "I see lots of information about it, but no release date, it should be sometime in March though."
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    800 Global Posts

I just hope Verizon doesn't botch the Q10/Curve10 release date as well... Signed up for email alerts but this isn't going to make any more happier.

Also, thanks to CB members for being more informed then reps.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 01-31-2013 at 08:41 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

I am the BES admin at my job and I also deal with all other different cell phones as well, so I have good contact with my Verizon sales rep...anyway, I emailed him directly and he said this

"We should release the Blackberry10 soon and I will update you as soon as I know more about it. " I mean saying "soon" doesn't really mean much, but hopefully that's earlier than what we are thinking. I am also hoping the Q10 will be coming to VzW.. I will post information here as I get it.
    Thanked by:
    ummie4 (02-02-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #36  

Quote Originally Posted by darogers View Post
    I am the BES admin at my job and I also deal with all other different cell phones as well, so I have good contact with my Verizon sales rep...anyway, I emailed him directly and he said this

"We should release the Blackberry10 soon and I will update you as soon as I know more about it. " I mean saying "soon" doesn't really mean much, but hopefully that's earlier than what we are thinking. I am also hoping the Q10 will be coming to VzW.. I will post information here as I get it.
    Thank you, I will be keeping an eye on this thread. Something tells me we will be getting it first in the US and it won't be March.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #37  

Some news, screen shot says EARLY March! http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...e-date-769344/
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

My current contract upgrade is not until April, so it looks like the timing will be perfect for me to get my Z10!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12