Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
Like Tree3Likes
  1. ummie4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    273 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default BB10 phone release date?

    Has anyone tried calling customer service to try and get a release date for the BB10 phone fro them? It would be nice to think the first week in Feb. but I don't see that happening.
  2. bertcella's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    You won't know until January 30th when they announce it.
  3. organized_mayhem's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    334 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I'm sure some have tried. And if it were known, it would be all over CB.
  4. Rngadng's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Confirming what is written above. This is the VZW email that I received in response to my question as to when the BB10 will be available, from "Andrew" at VZW online response:
    "I hope you are having a wonderful day so far! I'm exciting to learn that you are thinking about upgrading in the future. My name is Andrew and I'll absolutely look into this for you to see what I can do to help you out.
    After reviewing your account, we sadly don't have any information about the new Blackberry 10 phone coming out. Since the phone hasn't been released to Verizon yet we don't have information about release dates or pricing and what not. I would recommend looking at blogs online to see what the company is saying to see what they might do. I know when iphone was still up in the air, we told customer we had no information up until the release date the company announced they were having it for Verizon Wireless. At this point we don't have that information but I can tell you base of past situation I would just give a a couple weeks and see what the Blackberry announces. I'm sorry I didn't have the information you requested but I'm glad I could at least point you in the right direction."
  5. ummie4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    273 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rngadng View Post
    Confirming what is written above. This is the VZW email that I received in response to my question as to when the BB10 will be available, from "Andrew" at VZW online response:
    "I hope you are having a wonderful day so far! I'm exciting to learn that you are thinking about upgrading in the future. My name is Andrew and I'll absolutely look into this for you to see what I can do to help you out.
    After reviewing your account, we sadly don't have any information about the new Blackberry 10 phone coming out. Since the phone hasn't been released to Verizon yet we don't have information about release dates or pricing and what not. I would recommend looking at blogs online to see what the company is saying to see what they might do. I know when iphone was still up in the air, we told customer we had no information up until the release date the company announced they were having it for Verizon Wireless. At this point we don't have that information but I can tell you base of past situation I would just give a a couple weeks and see what the Blackberry announces. I'm sorry I didn't have the information you requested but I'm glad I could at least point you in the right direction."
    I called customer service lastnight. They said they are only given usually 48 hrs notice prior to the release of any new phone.
  6. dpeters11's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    I find I usually know things before our corporate rep. I like that Andrew is excited and saddened.

    The one thing I do know, for the device to be successful, it needs actual floor space in the retail stores, and employees that aren't pushing something else. Selling the best device for the customer is one thing, but the negative comments from the employee's I've heard about the virtues of Android vs iPhone etc etc really just shows that they have a particular incentive.
  7. mzblues's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #7  

    Default BB10 phone release date

    There is now a turn around with more positive reviews and the future of RIM with the new BB10. I believe that this will all go sour again in February and you will see a lot more negative posts. Why you ask?

    I spoke to Verizon Wireless Tech Support today. He said that they had reps in there with phones teaching them about Windows Phone 8 two months before the phone was available for sale. As of today, they have not seen a Blackberry Rep in about 2 years and received nothing about Blackberry 10 Phones yet.

    That said, although RIM plans to "unveil" the BB10 Phones the end of January and everyone is talking like they will be on sale shortly after, I don't think they will be available until late March. First of all, you can't start selling something that Verizon's Techs know nothing about in 2 weeks. Second, I think everyone forgot that RIM only promised to release BB10 the first quarter on 2013. March is still the 1st quarter so they will still be on target if they are available in March; but there will be a lot of disappointed consumers, investors, etc. when they find out they have to wait another 2 months to get one.
  8. DJM626's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,074 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I totally agree with that. I know it is up to the carriers as far as releasing is concerned, but if that is the case and if RIM is aware of that, one would think they would hold off on the announcement until it got a little closer to that two month frame. In the electronics world, A LOT can happen in two months and something that might be better then what we are looking for or waiting for can and often does come out of nowhere sometimes.
  9. jdgarrido's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    478 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    I called AT&T yesterday to ask about pre-order, and the rep did not know anything about BB10, he then checked in his system and he said that the launch will be on the 30th of January and that I should call one week before and he should be able to help me.
  10. organized_mayhem's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    334 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mzblues View Post
    There is now a turn around with more positive reviews and the future of RIM with the new BB10. I believe that this will all go sour again in February and you will see a lot more negative posts. Why you ask?

    I spoke to Verizon Wireless Tech Support today. He said that they had reps in there with phones teaching them about Windows Phone 8 two months before the phone was available for sale. As of today, they have not seen a Blackberry Rep in about 2 years and received nothing about Blackberry 10 Phones yet.

    That said, although RIM plans to "unveil" the BB10 Phones the end of January and everyone is talking like they will be on sale shortly after, I don't think they will be available until late March. First of all, you can't start selling something that Verizon's Techs know nothing about in 2 weeks. Second, I think everyone forgot that RIM only promised to release BB10 the first quarter on 2013. March is still the 1st quarter so they will still be on target if they are available in March; but there will be a lot of disappointed consumers, investors, etc. when they find out they have to wait another 2 months to get one.


    How nice of you to care so much that you made your first CB post a "negative" one.

    Seems to be alot of trolling going on by first time posters. I think the competition is getting a little worried.
  11. mzblues's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #11  

    Thumbs up Nice to know so much with very little actual knowledge

    Wow. I'm sorry. I didn't realize that the web & this forum was only for the old folks who are privileged to have an opinion.

    FYI: Regardless of that, I will continue...First of all, unlike many people posting, I don't love or hate BB or Apple. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I own a Apple computer which outside of being over priced, "I" believe it is much better for my purposes then PC. On the other hand, I own and am still using the 1st BB Storm (I'm on my 3rd battery).
    There are some things I like about it dispite a bad browser and no memory. And my daughter has an iPhone & iPad mini. Good for her purposes, she's 13.

    Back to BB 10. I never said it wasn't worth waiting for the extra 2 months, just said that emotional people like you might be upset by the delay.

    I believe not so much that the BB 10 Phones will be RIM's savior, even though they sound like they will function well and do some cool things. I believe that QNX is what they have that no one else has (dispite some similarities with Windows 8). They have only scratched the surface with it's capabilities.

    After RIM gets its feet back on the ground, I think you will see QNX used in much more then just phone. Whether by RIM or others.

    Hope I didn't overwhelm you with my "newbee" opinion....
    bmw328i and ctuffy like this.
  12. bmw328i's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    57 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    I called Verizon and costumer Service said they didn't have any information in their system about BB Z10 but she said they would email me as soon as they know something. I told them I was ready for my upgrade and I want to use it on a blackberry!!!!!
    Thanked by:
    ummie4 (01-21-2013) 
  13. organized_mayhem's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    334 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mzblues View Post
    Wow. I'm sorry. I didn't realize that the web & this forum was only for the old folks who are privileged to have an opinion.

    FYI: Regardless of that, I will continue...First of all, unlike many people posting, I don't love or hate BB or Apple. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I own a Apple computer which outside of being over priced, "I" believe it is much better for my purposes then PC. On the other hand, I own and am still using the 1st BB Storm (I'm on my 3rd battery).
    There are some things I like about it dispite a bad browser and no memory. And my daughter has an iPhone & iPad mini. Good for her purposes, she's 13.

    Back to BB 10. I never said it wasn't worth waiting for the extra 2 months, just said that emotional people like you might be upset by the delay.

    I believe not so much that the BB 10 Phones will be RIM's savior, even though they sound like they will function well and do some cool things. I believe that QNX is what they have that no one else has (dispite some similarities with Windows 8). They have only scratched the surface with it's capabilities.

    After RIM gets its feet back on the ground, I think you will see QNX used in much more then just phone. Whether by RIM or others.

    Hope I didn't overwhelm you with my "newbee" opinion....


    Didn't say you weren't entitled to your opinion. But how many "newbies" do we need saying the same thing in every post they can? Not emotional by any means. Just tires of the same old morons posting the same old thing. We have heard you. Now run along like a good little troll.
  14. christenmartin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default BB10 phone release date?

    There is some bs being thrown around the launch date. Ive seen the exact same post by the same individual in 3-4 different forums. i hope their getting paid because that sounds like a crap life! what i don't get is i hear rim has no control over release dates but we have to wait for rim to announce the phone. that should not matter if its carrier specific. they can post availability anytime they want.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
  15. mzblues's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #15  

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by organized_mayhem View Post
    Didn't say you weren't entitled to your opinion. But how many "newbies" do we need saying the same thing in every post they can? Not emotional by any means. Just tires of the same old morons posting the same old thing. We have heard you. Now run along like a good little troll.
    "the same old thing" Please enlighten everyone with your "New" wisdom.

    PS: "forum troll: Someone who gets pleasure by typing annoying/controversial/offensive words at strangers on internet forums, for them to read."

    If ya Spot it, ya Got it.
  16. sandy the game's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default Re: BB10 phone release date?

    But as per all the sites they have mention 30th Jan 2013 is the release date

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    SANDY
  17. organized_mayhem's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    334 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mzblues View Post
    "the same old thing" Please enlighten everyone with your "New" wisdom.

    PS: "forum troll: Someone who gets pleasure by typing annoying/controversial/offensive words at strangers on internet forums, for them to read."

    If ya Spot it, ya Got it.

    3 posts and not so much as contributing to anything. Waste of an account. Troll end of story.
  18. mzblues's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #18  
    ctuffy likes this.
  19. ummie4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    273 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Come on!!! 1 week to go somethings gotta leak soon
  20. mzblues's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    According to digitaltrends.com:
    "You won’t be able to buy
    the phones running the new operating
    system until sometime after the global
    launch event. The exact date should be
    revealed on the day, however in
    November last year, RIM’s chief
    operating officer let slip in an interview
    that BB10 phones would be on sale
    within 30 days of the event.
    Now, an image has circulated on the
    Internet purportedly showing a
    screenshot taken from Best Buy
    Canada’s stock control system, where a
    BlackBerry 10 device headed for the Bell
    network is listed for release on February
    28. Coincidentally – or not – that’s 29
    days after the official debut."

    So it's looking like at least a month more
    of waiting to be able to get one.
    Thanked by:
    ummie4 (01-23-2013) 
  21. drew8484's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    461 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    I just got a text from my IT Director. Our corp VZW rep just told him VZW will have it in March. Take it for what it's worth. That's all that was said.
  22. rickkel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    429 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    I hope you aren't right, but I have a sinking feeling you are. If this happens I think the buzz RIM has been brewing with the launch in a couple of days, a Super Bowl ad, etc. will be a waste of time and money. People won't want to wait for this phone. If it's something they want, they want it now. I will begrudgingly wait for it to release, but I won't be happy. Other consumers who have no allegiance to the BlackBerry brand will just buy an iPhone.
  23. trsbbs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,171 Posts
    PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!
    #23  

    Default BB10 phone release date?

    Sort of a lame launch.

    We are launching a phone you can't buy yet.

    No one knows where to go stand in line.

    When we launch the new phone we will tell you then when you can buy it.

    Introduction seems to be more correct then launch.

    Sort of a let down. Unless folks can buy it who cares?

    Tim



    Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.2141
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526
    J.C. BlackBerry, What's your game?
  24. travaz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    971 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts
    PIN
    I have three
    #24  

    Default

    I just don't know why everyone gets so Negative. the bold was announced for sale the day before you could order and have it shipped. That is what is going to happen. i believe we will get a VZW BB10 by Feb 5. So there you have it.
  25. jedwards73's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #25  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. High End BB10 phone release date ...
    By kfh227 in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM
  2. Global release dates of new phones?
    By williaz in forum Rumored Devices
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 12:57 PM
  3. what's the truth on new phone release dates?
    By debsbb in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 12:45 AM
  4. how reliable is phone arena's "exoected release dates?"
    By gkviper192 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 07:44 PM
  5. Return date PASSED! How many still have release date phone?
    By rvgraham in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 04:05 PM

Posting Permissions