Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default bb verizon bis activation issue

hi. i bought a second hand blackberry tour verizon a month ago and registered bis from my sim provider(mtn in south africa) but havent been able to utilise the services...nothing has changed. the browser keeps telling me about that my device has no config service books, when i go to the service book menu it shows a list of the service books with a tick but except for the last 5....iv spent countless hours trying to find some sort of solution but with no luck, is this so called "verizon wireless" a deep hole or is it just a question of a few settings here and there. help
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts
    PIN
    Dropped!

You will need the BIS service books from your provider. I'm assuming that you are operating on a GSM network.
    Storm2 9550 (Unlocked), OS 5.0.0.1015 HTC Sensation 4G, Bose QC-15, 16GB. Who could ask for anything more ...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

yeh, i am operating on a gsm network...in my service book menu i do have the service books but the last 5 dont seem to be active
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,829 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

Is the device unlocked?
    Current device: White Out Moto X on 4.4.2

BlackBerry history:
    Verizon: 8130, 8830, 8330, 9630, 9530, 9550, 9650, 9930, Q10
    AT&T: 9700, 9800
    PlayBook

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

i am able to make and receive calls and sms's...there is a 3G connection also. if thats what you mean by it being unlocked then yeah.
    CrackBerry Newbie

was this ever solved for you ThaBiso90? I'm having the same problem
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BIS activation for blackberry 9530 in south africa - is it possible

Hi, I bought this 9530 storm from China and it is from verizon wireless. When I phone vodacom to ask for service books they say that this phone will never work in South Africa - is this true or is there another way for me to get this done? Please help!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,511 Global Posts

Take a look in the 9630 or 9530 forums for a thread by pltaylor/naviwilliams/pete6. It shown the process to get the service books you need by changing the browser daemon and reloading generic service books.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using CB Forums mobile app
    BLACKBERRY!! We go where you go!

BBM#71