View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
Page 204 of 205 FirstFirst ... 104154194201202203204205 LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 5107
Like Tree6Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not anymore

I'm having an issue activating a BlackBerry 9650.

I can make/receive phone calls and send/receive texts. But I cannot access BIS...email, bbm, etc.

I was on a support call with Verizon for 2 hours straight and they said "you are going to have to call RIM, it is not our issue." However they gave me no carrier code or ticket code to use when contacting RIM.

Any solutions/help? I'm pretty frustrated at this point and calling again to go through 3 levels of techs is not something I want to do right now.

Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Re: Ask a VZW rep

Good afternoon TheVetteMan.

Have you been able to use the data features with your BlackBerry in the past? Did you get the device from Verizon Wireless or another source? Are you able to use any applications on your device? Can you access the Internet, or is it just any messaging applications that you cannot use? Have you tried removing the battery or clearing the temporary Internet files? To clear files, please follow the steps below:
    [*]From the Home screen, press the Menu button.[*]Select Browser. [*]Press the Menu button then select Options. [*]Select Cache Operations. [*]Select Clear History.[*]From the Content Cache section, select Clear.[*]From the Pushed Content section, select Clear.[*]Select Delete.[*]From the Cookie Cache section, select Clear.

I know you already spoke with Technical Support; however, if you still need assistance, we will need to speak with you personally. Please call Customer Service/ Technical Support from an alternate phone at 800-922-0204, and we will be happy to troubleshoot!

You can also contact us via Twitter @VZWSupport

Thank you,
    VZW_CS
    ^VS
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

What happened to the 866-571-5158 support number?
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    CrackBerry Newbie

can I got my torch 9850 replaced without an invoice? my blackberry down and i cannot found it.....and most important is, this phone is not under my number registeration
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Default Officially Tethering

I am out of contract with my Storm 2 (grandfathered Unlimited Data). Over the duration of my contract, when I needed to tether my notebook to my device I would call up VZW and the $15/month "Mobile Broadband" feature would be added to my account.

I may now need to tether my notebook again (or, perhaps, acquire a PB), and when I went to my account I see the "Mobile Broadband" feature has somehow morphed into a "Mobile Broadband/Hotspot" feature and has gone up in price to $20/month.

Why the increase in price? Can I still get tethering capability for $15/month? Does everyone (or at least everyone who wants to toe the company line ) who has a PB bridged to their BB pay an extra $20/month?

Appreciate any info a rep (or, in fact anyone) can offer.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by nlk10010 View Post
    I am out of contract with my Storm 2 (grandfathered Unlimited Data). Over the duration of my contract, when I needed to tether my notebook to my device I would call up VZW and the $15/month "Mobile Broadband" feature would be added to my account.

I may now need to tether my notebook again (or, perhaps, acquire a PB), and when I went to my account I see the "Mobile Broadband" feature has somehow morphed into a "Mobile Broadband/Hotspot" feature and has gone up in price to $20/month.

Why the increase in price? Can I still get tethering capability for $15/month? Does everyone (or at least everyone who wants to toe the company line ) who has a PB bridged to their BB pay an extra $20/month?

Appreciate any info a rep (or, in fact anyone) can offer.
    Unfortunately prices and plans change all the time. You would have to pick from current offerings. Mobile hotspot allows connection of up to 5 devices wirelessly.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

That is strange, I sent a message to VZW Customer Service just a week ago (after I had posted here) asking the same thing and got a response insisting that Broadband Access WAS still available at $15/month and could they hook me up.

But I agree that it is unfortunate that rates and plans change all the time, just as subscribers find that the best carrier for them changes all the time. If in fact the $15/month BA is not still available then the advantage VZW had for me essentially vanishes and other options enter the picture.

Thanks for your response.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by nlk10010 View Post
    That is strange, I sent a message to VZW Customer Service just a week ago (after I had posted here) asking the same thing and got a response insisting that Broadband Access WAS still available at $15/month and could they hook me up.

But I agree that it is unfortunate that rates and plans change all the time, just as subscribers find that the best carrier for them changes all the time. If in fact the $15/month BA is not still available then the advantage VZW had for me essentially vanishes and other options enter the picture.

Thanks for your response.
    According to my system the $15/5gb mobile broadband connect is still available but only if you subscribe to the corporate data plan. ($44.99)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gotblackberry View Post
    According to my system the $15/5gb mobile broadband connect is still available but only if you subscribe to the corporate data plan. ($44.99)
    Oh, OK, that could make some sense. Unfortunately, if true, then BC would not be available to me. I did have the corporate because I needed BES but when my hosting company started offering BESX I cut back to the non-corporate (plain BIS) data plan.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,347 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me

Anyone able to add the 20 buck MHS to my account? I don't want the bundled data/mhs, but want them separate items.

If so, send me a PM.
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".
    CrackBerry User

Default Verizon reverting to old e-mail address?

Well, this doesn't have anything to do with my BB, but today we upgraded one of our phones (been a VZW customer for 10+ years) and the receipt was e-mailed by their system to an ancient e-mail address we haven't used in years. I logged into my account and can't find that address anywhere in their records, and so can't delete it. Fortunately I just happened to look at that account, otherwise I wouldn't have seen the receipt. I don't want to miss an important e-mail but can't figure out how to fix it so that e-mails are going to the right place again. Has anyone heard of this happening? I tried calling *611 and got a recording that my account information wasn't available right now and to call back tomorrow. ??
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    6,234 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snape View Post
    Well, this doesn't have anything to do with my BB, but today we upgraded one of our phones (been a VZW customer for 10+ years) and the receipt was e-mailed by their system to an ancient e-mail address we haven't used in years. I logged into my account and can't find that address anywhere in their records, and so can't delete it. Fortunately I just happened to look at that account, otherwise I wouldn't have seen the receipt. I don't want to miss an important e-mail but can't figure out how to fix it so that e-mails are going to the right place again. Has anyone heard of this happening? I tried calling *611 and got a recording that my account information wasn't available right now and to call back tomorrow. ??
    Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago when I renewed my contract and replaced my storm2 with an iPhone 4S.
    No clue why this happened and this was and is the only email from VZ I got at my old email address.

Good Luck

iPhone 4S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    6,234 Global Posts

I have to make a call to Europe in the next few days.

Is the VZ charge gonna be outrageous if I make that call from my iPhone?

TIA

iPhone 4S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE4F87

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by belleRN

Ok..here goes! When Vzw releases the new software update for the 8330, how do I get it? Sorry if this is a stupid question!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

If you know anything about Verizon, you should be more concerned about the "when" than anything else in your question

I'm the one who voted "no".

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    Jerry
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check

Will Verizon Wireless be offering Pre Order for BlackBerry 10, Z10 devices?
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts

Default Re: Ask a VZW rep

Quote Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
    Will Verizon Wireless be offering Pre Order for BlackBerry 10, Z10 devices?
    I would say yes, but it is too early to tell.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,822 Global Posts

I got a question. When are you going to start selling the Z10?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kfh227 View Post
    I got a question. When are you going to start selling the Z10?
    3/21

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,054 Global Posts

Can I get insurance on a phone that I bought without a contract from Verizon Wireless? (the Z10 that I purchased today)

Global Posts
    30,870 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Do we have any reps still helping out here? Please PM me if you wish to remain incognito. (this way you can just answer in here off the record)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pooger View Post
    Can I get insurance on a phone that I bought without a contract from Verizon Wireless? (the Z10 that I purchased today)
    as long as you bought it from vzw, yes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Do we have any reps still helping out here? Please PM me if you wish to remain incognito. (this way you can just answer in here off the record)
    that would be me, when i have the time (due to work and life) =)
    Thanked by:
    pkcable (04-01-2013) 
    pkcable likes this.

Global Posts
    30,870 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Quote Originally Posted by kpxstar9 View Post
    that would be me, when i have the time (due to work and life) =)
    Awesome! Do what you can when you can! I will leave the thread as a sticky IF you ever get burned out just drop me a PM and I will unstick it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    999 Global Posts

I have a question. Im planning to switch to VZN soon and i would like to know what is the maximum amount deposit charged for 1 line?
    Many thanks, downloads and dollars to all the developers out there!!!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 9of13 View Post
    I have a question. Im planning to switch to VZN soon and i would like to know what is the maximum amount deposit charged for 1 line?
    Depends entirely on your credit anything from $0-$400 and anywhere in between

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2