CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Advanced Ordering?

My contract is up in September, which means I can upgrade in early May. In the old old days, if you were buying a smartphone they would fudge you a few extra months to get the sale, but then smartphones aren't a rarity anymore.

So my question is, if I went into a store on March 28 and said I really, really wanted a Z10, what is the chance they would sell it to me on contract even though I'm a month away (5 weeks I guess, technically)? Or, would they for sure make me wait?
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,200 Global Posts

step 1: pick up your phone
    step 2: dial *611
    step 3: hit talk
    step 4: talk to a customer service representative
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Calling might work but you might also want to just drive to a local store and see what they can do for you. Some times it is easier to deal in person than over a phone. It is certainly worth trying, what is the worst that will happen?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333bc686

Quote Originally Posted by Trelaina View Post
    My contract is up in September, which means I can upgrade in early May. In the old old days, if you were buying a smartphone they would fudge you a few extra months to get the sale, but then smartphones aren't a rarity anymore.

So my question is, if I went into a store on March 28 and said I really, really wanted a Z10, what is the chance they would sell it to me on contract even though I'm a month away (5 weeks I guess, technically)? Or, would they for sure make me wait?
    I'm in the same boat, plan on calling tommorow and see what they will do. They have always done it before and I have good payment history.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333bc686

Verizon isn't budging on upgrading earlier. At least thr front line reps aren't. They stated no early upgrade.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    31006AFC

Quote Originally Posted by aguiar0016 View Post
    Verizon isn't budging on upgrading earlier. At least thr front line reps aren't. They stated no early upgrade.
    who you telling, found this out yesterday first hand.......upgrade is set for 05/15/13. two months away, rep said sorry no can do maybe if you call back with a month left, then we may be able to help you......smdh what kinda of crap is that.....
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    You gotta ask nicely...

Quote Originally Posted by aguiar0016 View Post
    I was told this too...they actually told me they wouldn't be able to do early upgrades to the Z10 for 6 months due to the contract to get the phones (apparently they had the same deal when they got the iPhone 5).

I suppose if I waited a year I can wait 31 more days for my upgrade...
    Former owner of a 9530, 9550 & 9930.Proud owner of a 32gb Playbook. Rocking the Z10! | BBM Channel: C000534C0 | @MusingsFrmtheFS | Yes, I am on VZW.