Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Activate own phone

Want to switch to Verizon for the 9930. Need a phone for wife just want to talk and text. On ATT i had her on a old Blackjack no data. She is used to the keyboard. All the texting phones on Verizon had bad reviews. Will Verizon let me purchase a smart phone on my own (ebay) and activate with no data plan? ATT used to allow this they no longer.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's a pin?

No they won't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

If you get a really really old phone you could. The HTC Touch would be a good example I believe. However with the new data packages you could just do a minimum 75MB plan and it wouldn't cost much.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

Verizon will not allow a phone to be activated, whether it be a smart or dumb phone, without a data plan.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

T-Mo is the only one of the big4 that will let you have a smartphone without requiring data. I've got 4 BBs on my account, only mine has data.
    I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,057 Global Posts

Default Phone Without Data Plan

Quote Originally Posted by otacon72 View Post
    Verizon will not allow a phone to be activated, whether it be a smart or dumb phone, without a data plan.
    The phone would have to be from the Treo 700W era.
    You could activate and have them eliminate the data plan, but only if the phone is real old.

Been there, done that.
    "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." - Joseph Dunninger