Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Convert JPG.REM to JPG.....easily

I FINALLY figured this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's EASY!!!!!!!

Go to Options/Security/Encryption. Uncheck all of the encryption stuff.

Back out of that then go to your Media Icon and click on it.

***Make sure your device is NOT connected to your computer when you do this!

Hit the Menu button and select Add New Folder. Click on the drop down arrow and select Media. Then name your folder and click OK.

Now go into the folder where all of your jpg.rem files are. Hit your menu button and select the "Select" button. Now check all of the jpg.rem pix by clicking on each one....a little check mark should appear.

When you are done checking all of them, hit the menu button and select Copy.

Now back out of that folder and go into the new one that you created. Hit the Menu button and select paste.

Connect your device to your computer and upload the unencrypted files!!

Worked for me!
    diegonei likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks for the tip...really usefull...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: IT WORKED! encrypted jpg.rem is now back to .jpg

Hello! I did have same problem.
    I activated Bluetooth on my telefone and my Imac. Then I transferred all files from my telefone via Bluetooth and it worked. Video became mpg4 and fotos as jpg.
    A easy way to do it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Error decrypting header :(

Okayyyy.. I tried this solution but once im trying to move the files into another folder "ERROR DECRYTING HEADER" is showing up and the file is not moved ((((((((((((((

Please help me. I really need to retrieve this pictures....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default same problem wid me too!!

even i am getting the message "error decrypting header' when i am trying to move it to a new folder!!! have you figured it out yet??
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by alexinatl View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I removed the .rem suffix on a few files using my PC but it did not help.
    This is what I did. I copied the files over to my PC and removed the suffix. That did not work as the files still remained unreadable. I then (stupidly) removed the suffixes on the files on the actual card. Now it seems they all are unreadable and I have no copies! Please help. I am in a serious jam as these are images required for work!
    CrackBerry Newbie

dear blackberry user, this is my first time post. sorry if had anything wrong
    i'm totally stuck in here, i've search everywhere for few days back but still i don't have any answer for this.
    i already try:
    1.) copy jpg.rem files to new folder in jpg.rem files folder it self but it says error decrypt header, so this one is fail
    2,) then i try to copy jpg.rem files to my device memory, but it said the same, error decrypt header. this one fails too.
    3.) i try to email the jpg.rem files to my email, but it appear red "X" on my blackberry that said cannot read attachment or something like that.
    4.) i've download EPPB software to decrypt my sd card, but it has error code -4.
    5.) i try to rename it too actually, but same notification shown, error decrypt header.
    now i'm totally stuck, the reason i want to decrypt thousands of my picture is because i had my wedding pictures in there, my daughter bornday pictures in there and lot of my travelling pictures in there. So, please if someone knew how to decrypt this silly .rem files, please tell me by my email or here. i don't mind to pay you because i was so desperate in here.
    thank you so much
    CrackBerry Newbie

Having issues with all the suggested solutions, i keep getting "error decrypting header" and theres no way around it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default yup it works

And one more, media explorer does supports multiple selection all u have to do is hold uppercase switch button and select the pics
    CrackBerry Newbie

my blackberry media card keeps saying, a media card has been inserted which contains encrypted files which will be inaccessible by this device, ive tried many things to solve this vivid redoubtable problem. please help me
    CrackBerry Abuser

rem pic to be save as with no pass words/code....after save as these pic will no longer rem...try..do it.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hello, been trying for last few days to get something working on my side
    All my old files, pics & movies were encrypted on my 8520. I cant switch off encryption as the option is "greyed" out on my 8520
    So I had to replace it last week with a 9320. Moved the sd card across and no luck viewing them..

Made a backup of all the files on my pc and re-formatted the sd card on pc. Moved them back on, still no luck

So I put thesd card in the new 9320, formatted the sd card to the 9320, put files back on the card using the pc (just using a memory card reader) and I can view them now....strange but works

Hope this helps
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default what if my encryption box is locked and can't be opened, how do i unchecked the encryption box

what if my encryption box is locked and can't be opened, how do i unchecked the encryption box
    CrackBerry Abuser

Using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1, encrypted files may be copied from the media card of the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.

During the copy process, the files stored on the computer will be decrypted by the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

To copy Media Card files to the computer with BlackBerry Desktop Software:

Open BlackBerry Desktop Software
    Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click on the Files icon
    Within the Files window of the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click the BlackBerry icon and double click Media Card from the list.
    Files and folders displayed within the BlackBerry Desktop Software can now be selected and copied to the computer.
    The BlackBerry Desktop Software will perform decryption on the files which may cause the copy process to take longer than expected.

Note: When copying encrypted files from the BlackBerry smartphone to a computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software, encryption must be enabled on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

please help..my files are encrypted Im using windows 8.1..got virus ransomware...got rid of it
    Ex: pictures ext is *.jpg.encrypt

Pls pls pls pls pls help me to get my pictures back so I can see them..
    Thank you...

Marcelo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12