Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AkA47
  • 1 Post By SwsFoe
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Wink What Does That Notification Symbol Mean?

i have a blackberry storm and i recently got a new notification symbol that is baffling me... it is a circle with an arrow pointing diagonally downward to the left and there is a red star in the top right hand end of the arrow. it looks almost like an arrow through a heart but instead of a heart it is a circle.
    please if you could help me unravel this mysterious creature on my phone i would probably scream with giddy pleasure... thank you!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,560 Global Posts

BlackBerry App World App update. Open BlackBerry App World and install the updated app. Or, to just get rid of the icon, open your Messages folder and delete the alert from there.

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

oh thank thank you thank you!!!! i was so worried my phone was going to perish in no time at all! you have just made my life so much better!thank you for your devout and strenuous work to help me unveil that pest of a problem. you shall be rewarded greatly in heaven!!!
    GB!!!
    Maxey05 likes this.

Global Posts
    17,560 Global Posts

You're welcome.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

I would suggest looking in the "Messages" folder if you ever come across another icon you don't recognize. Good chance is that it will end up showing up there.
    nuffznuff likes this.

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AkA47 View Post
    oh thank thank you thank you!!!! i was so worried my phone was going to perish in no time at all! you have just made my life so much better!thank you for your devout and strenuous work to help me unveil that pest of a problem. you shall be rewarded greatly in heaven!!!
    GB!!!
    lol am i the only one that finds this over-greatfulness a little funny?
    CrackBerry User

OH NO!!!! TELL ME YOU DIDNT, THAT'S THE SELF DISTRUCT APP THAT WILL FRY YOUR PHONE. IF I WERE YOU I WOULD JUST THROW IT AGAINST A TREE, YOUVE MESSED IT UP FOR GOOD NOW!!!!

JK bored, thought I would stop in because I didnt know either

Global Posts
    33,479 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisy520 View Post
    BlackBerry App World App update. Open BlackBerry App World and install the updated app. Or, to just get rid of the icon, open your Messages folder and delete the alert from there.

DAMN useful picture! I re-titled the thread for broader appeal and moved it to the Tips, How To & FAQ Forum! Hope you don't mind Chrisy!
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    33,363 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    DAMN useful picture! I re-titled the thread for broader appeal and moved it to the Tips, How To & FAQ Forum! Hope you don't mind Chrisy!
    I copied that picture to my pictures on my PC, since I have used it to answer several similar questions already.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default symbol "yellow star" on home screen

pls help me to explain the symbol "yellow star" on home screen...sorr because i can't send pics attached
    BlackBerry Diva

Maboo, Its a notification from App World.