How to Remove "Sent from my BlackBerry"
Login to you BIS site depending on your carrier. The most popular carriers are listed below.
- Nextel / Sprint
- T-Mobile (U.K)
- T-Mobile (U.S)
- Other Carriers are listed here
Click edit next to the email account you want to remove the signature from.
In the field titled "Signature" erase all the text for no signature or edit it to display something in place of "Sent from my BlackBerry."
- CrackBerry Newbie
10-26-2007, 01:06 PM #3
- 1 Posts
Trouble signing into BIS
I can't seem to sign into Verizon's BIS site. It says "This device is not accessible through HTML. Please log into through your device's internet service." Anyone have this problem? All I want to do is remove the signature on my 8830!
- 10-27-2007, 01:05 PM #4
I have Verizon also and I tried to remove it from the link from above using my BB device directly. I could log onto the site no problem and edit the e-mail, but it wouldn't let me delete the "sent from my verizon blackberry". Not sure why it wouldn't let me delete it. Every time I hit the delete button it would end the session on me instead. No clue!!
- 11-06-2007, 09:57 AM #7
email@example.com. It is a separate entity on its own that you have to create from your device's browser. You can use the same name (providing it is not already in use) as your BB email address, or it can be completely different. It is a 'master' account by which all of your email accounts can be managed via computer.
- CrackBerry User
11-07-2007, 10:13 AM #10
- 48 Posts
I changed mine in less than 3 minutes. (on the AT&T/Cingular network)
Open your browser, click on 'Blackberry Start' (one the MediaNET homepage)
and then click 'Create New Username' and follow the prompts.
After that's all squared away, on your desktop, go to the page mentioned above (click AT&T) and enter the username and password you created from your mobile device, and VOILA! you can edit your mobile email sig. to your hearts desire.Sic faciunt omnes.
- 11-09-2007, 08:58 PM #14
- 11-15-2007, 08:13 AM #16
ok gang, i just struggled with this on Verizon - here's how to remove your sig:
the process works like this:
1. setup a username on your bberry
2. from yer desktop, go online to the verizon link at the beginning of this thread
3. login using username created in step 1
4. select an email address to change + delete that ugly sig.
Here's the play-by-play. Step 1 was the most confusing for me
1. on your bberry, go to Email Settings -> Click Services and Settings
2. Click "Create New Username"
3. scroll thru the nonsense they print there, and enter a usrname/password
4. Now: from yer desktop browser, go to the link at the top of this thread (bis.na.blackberry. com/html?brand=vzw)
5. login using the usr/pwd you created in step 3
6. once you;re in, you'll see any email accounts you've already setup (you also have the option of setting up a new account)
7. Want to remove that nasty verizon signature?? click the little edit pencil icon next to the email account - voila! delete the sig and click "save"
- 11-15-2007, 02:41 PM #18
Go here to create/edit your settings since you're on sprint:
BlackBerry Internet Service
Its the sprint version of the BIS, which is where you edit your email settings and can remove the "sent from my.." signature.
You didnt try using the vzw link recon gave you did you? thats only for verizon wireless users.