Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 115158596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1739
Like Tree10Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

and when i took it into verizon today, they said that it "should be" fine for me to not be charged but they can't guarantee it since bb would be the ones making the call or something. sorry about the 2 posts. thanks for the input
    CrackBerry Newbie

When i type in cd research in motion in the command window it says the system cannot find the specified . What do i do please help anyone?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    If your blackberry is still under warranty, why not bring it into your carrier's store and have them take a look at it? It's what I suggest you do. If you've got iinsurance, take advantage of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ...Because its not and you are confusing my post with the person who posted after me. As it turned out it was the battery that was causing the frequent crashes and failed reboots. Strange that when I looked up my particular issues all I could find were references to a corrupted OS. Now though I still need to get my browser back, any ideas?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by LOVEXO26 View Post
    When i type in cd research in motion in the command window it says the system cannot find the specified . What do i do please help anyone?
    Do you have desktop manager installed on your computer? If not you will never be able to locate that directory because it just isn't there.

Basically the command "cd" stands for "change directory" directories are represented as folders on your computer these days. I could explain how you could accomplish the same thing without using command prompt at all, but if your not locating the directory in command prompt the most likely reason is it doesn't exist.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Good afternoon,

I've recently had a 9780 go down with the white screen (still getting sounds behind it)

Tried reinstalling:

6.0.0_rel863
    6.0.0_rel1879

But no luck, same white screen. Tried with battery out the program won't reconnect to JVM.

Tried JL_cmder wipe + reinstall, no luck.

Taking a screenshot with JL_cmder reveals that everything is working honky dory behind the scenes, just nothing to show!

Any clues? Physical fault?

Global Posts
    36,574 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Quote Originally Posted by LOVEXO26 View Post

You either skipped past the directories "Program Files" and "Common Files", or have not installed an OS for your phone on ypur PC.

Quote Originally Posted by BadIdeas View Post
    ...Because its not and you are confusing my post with the person who posted after me. As it turned out it was the battery that was causing the frequent crashes and failed reboots. Strange that when I looked up my particular issues all I could find were references to a corrupted OS. Now though I still need to get my browser back, any ideas?
    I'm guessing you do have the hotspot browser, which means you're missing your browser service book. Open Host Routing Table in Options, hit the menu button, click Register Now, then open the Personal Email Setup Wizard, and request your service books from there also. Once you've received all the emails, and the data arrows have ceased for at least a minute, do a battery pull and check again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frapple View Post
    Good afternoon,

I've recently had a 9780 go down with the white screen (still getting sounds behind it)

Tried reinstalling:

6.0.0_rel863
    6.0.0_rel1879

But no luck, same white screen. Tried with battery out the program won't reconnect to JVM.

Tried JL_cmder wipe + reinstall, no luck.

Taking a screenshot with JL_cmder reveals that everything is working honky dory behind the scenes, just nothing to show!

Any clues? Physical fault?
    Must be a LED screen failure. If it's still under warranty, get the phone replaced, otherwise, try this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/blan...e-screen-2699/
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Zee - Cue Warrior ..``..``..``..``.. Born to  ..``..``..``..``.. BBOS Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry 8310

hello
    i have a blackberry 8310 ...black screen ..red led flashing nothink else
    usb connection dead..wont boot
    i have tried everythink ..i dont know what else you cand do to it..to recover.
    i have tried..jc cmdr nothing, i have tried cmd nothing, i have tried with desktop manager nothing, with baterry pull nothink, i bought a new baterry..the same thing nothing, my pc wont recognized it and the only thing that is doind is blink..and black screen..any solutions?? thx anyway..
    CrackBerry Newbie

also with apploader ..the same thing ..nothing
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi I have a bold 9000 and all of a sudden it stopped working. I plug it into my computer and the red led light comes on for a minute or two then the battery icon with a red x comes on the screen. I pulled the battery and put it into a friends and it is fully charged. My battery doesn't work and neither does my friends. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Global Posts
    36,574 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by flamess33 View Post
    hello
    i have a blackberry 8310 ...black screen ..red led flashing nothink else
    usb connection dead..wont boot
    i have tried everythink ..i dont know what else you cand do to it..to recover.
    i have tried..jc cmdr nothing, i have tried cmd nothing, i have tried with desktop manager nothing, with baterry pull nothink, i bought a new baterry..the same thing nothing, my pc wont recognized it and the only thing that is doind is blink..and black screen..any solutions?? thx anyway..
    Could be a bad port too, but most likely something on the board failed. You can try leaving the battery and SIM out for a couple days, then put the battery back in and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Farlz29 View Post
    Hi I have a bold 9000 and all of a sudden it stopped working. I plug it into my computer and the red led light comes on for a minute or two then the battery icon with a red x comes on the screen. I pulled the battery and put it into a friends and it is fully charged. My battery doesn't work and neither does my friends. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Try cleaning the battery contacts on the phone, gently, with an eraser. Otherwise, try what I suggested above.

Zee - Cue Warrior ..``..``..``..``.. Born to  ..``..``..``..``.. BBOS Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    Could be a bad port too, but most likely something on the board failed. You can try leaving the battery and SIM out for a couple days, then put the battery back in and see what happens.

Try cleaning the battery contacts on the phone, gently, with an eraser. Otherwise, try what I suggested above.
    I can't even get it to connect to my pc. I cleaned the contacts but not getting any results.

Global Posts
    36,574 Global Posts
    PIN

I can't even get it to connect to my pc. I cleaned the contacts but not getting any results.
    If it doesn't boot up, it will never connect to the PC. You might as well be literally plugging a brick in via USB.

CrackBerry Newbie

If it doesn't boot up, it will never connect to the PC. You might as well be literally plugging a brick in via USB.
    Any other suggestions or am I S.O.L.?

Global Posts
    36,574 Global Posts
    PIN

Any other suggestions or am I S.O.L.?
    If it was a new model, I'd suggest a repair shop, but considering it's age....

CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    33,406 Global Posts

This might be worth a shot as a last resort. http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/dea...ry-fix-569815/
    I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it works.

Global Posts
    36,574 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    This might be worth a shot as a last resort. http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/dea...ry-fix-569815/
    I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it works.

Very nice find Laura! Here's the original thread, with image link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/las...ed-led-442737/

CrackBerry Newbie

Default Help with a nuked bold 9780

I nuked a RIM (unbranded) 9780 while doing a 6.0 upgrade on the first day I had it out of the box. I think either the USB cable misconnected during the update or I choked it since I reinstalled all the factory-installed apps (FB, Twitter, etc.) and after each I did not let it restart but rather held it off and probably lining up so many apps requiring restarting the phone choked it during the actual restart made at the end.

Anyways, I have tried all the different tricks in the thread, and I cannot get past the "reconnecting to JVM" at the end of the apploader process and the recycling process.

This is what I have:
    1) red light that goes on and off every 10 seconds.
    2) Battery icon that comes up in the screen.
    3) PIN always recognized when USB is connected. Apploader shows features to install, etc. This is why I know the phone is not shot and still has life in it.

Of course, being an international RIM phone bought off craigslist, both my carrier, ATT and RIM US directly, have told me to take a hike. RIM won't repair it even if I pay them.

I tried the apploader, both normally and through NOVJM command. Tried plugging phone to USB as soon as PIN shows up on loader. Tried both on W7 and XP, front and back USB ports. Put battery in/out during various stages. I know battery is good since it is from my wife's 9700 (same SM-1 battery anyways). I tried maybe downgrading the phone back to 5.0 but the apploader will keep telling me I have the wrong software version and does not let me go further.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default 2 Red LED flashes continuously, but screen stays black.

Initially I was getting the 'Error 523. Reset' on my Storm 9530. I then tried almost everything that can be found on this website but nothing worked.

I then tried the method that is mentioned in the first post here and it was successfully able to finish the 'Load JVM and system software' step but just couldnt recognize the phone to finish any other steps and was stuck at 'Wait for device initialization'. I tried to force it by doing battery pulls but just dint work out.

Now the problem is, the 'Error 523' screen doesnt show up. Whats happens is that the red LED keeps giving 2 flashes after ever 3seconds. This happens non-stop and also when the battery is removed but connected to the PC, and the screen stays black.

I have tried to do everything but just not helping. Going crazy
    Any other suggestions
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ergoyo View Post
    I nuked a RIM (unbranded) 9780 while doing a 6.0 upgrade on the first day I had it out of the box. I think either the USB cable misconnected during the update or I choked it since I reinstalled all the factory-installed apps (FB, Twitter, etc.) and after each I did not let it restart but rather held it off and probably lining up so many apps requiring restarting the phone choked it during the actual restart made at the end.

Anyways, I have tried all the different tricks in the thread, and I cannot get past the "reconnecting to JVM" at the end of the apploader process and the recycling process.

This is what I have:
    1) red light that goes on and off every 10 seconds.
    2) Battery icon that comes up in the screen.
    3) PIN always recognized when USB is connected. Apploader shows features to install, etc. This is why I know the phone is not shot and still has life in it.

Of course, being an international RIM phone bought off craigslist, both my carrier, ATT and RIM US directly, have told me to take a hike. RIM won't repair it even if I pay them.

I tried the apploader, both normally and through NOVJM command. Tried plugging phone to USB as soon as PIN shows up on loader. Tried both on W7 and XP, front and back USB ports. Put battery in/out during various stages. I know battery is good since it is from my wife's 9700 (same SM-1 battery anyways). I tried maybe downgrading the phone back to 5.0 but the apploader will keep telling me I have the wrong software version and does not let me go further.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!
    I think I may have narrowed the issue down to the need of wiping the OS completely, reaching Error 503 stage and then reloading any OS.
    Problem is: DM seems to recognize the phone, shows PIN and all but stops at Initializing and begins the dreaded cycle; however, neither JL_cder, BBSAK or JAVALOADER cannot recognize the BB, so I cannot get to the wipe part.
    Its not the cable or the USB port as with the same connection I have reloaded OSs in other BBs of mine.
    Any ideas now?

Global Posts
    36,574 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by ergoyo View Post
    I think I may have narrowed the issue down to the need of wiping the OS completely, reaching Error 503 stage and then reloading any OS.
    Problem is: DM seems to recognize the phone, shows PIN and all but stops at Initializing and begins the dreaded cycle; however, neither JL_cder, BBSAK or JAVALOADER cannot recognize the BB, so I cannot get to the wipe part.
    Its not the cable or the USB port as with the same connection I have reloaded OSs in other BBs of mine.
    Any ideas now?
    Ok, now I think I can help you. Forget the wiping. Try this instead:

Open up Control Panel, and uninstall every BlackBerry program you have. Then go to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader, and delete all the contents. Then from Research in Motion, continue to Share and delete the contents there. Search your entire hard drive for vendor.xml, and delete any you find. You can delete the .dat too, though they shouldn't matter. iInstall and run CCleaner, both cleaner, and registry clean. Reboot the PC, run CCleaner one more time, then install DM again (I prefer version 4.6, but whichever one you're comfortable using), and the OS you want to install. Now, once again navigate to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader. Delete vendor.xml, click loader.exe, click Next, reboot the phone and connect it to the PC. You should see the pin before it fully boots, and when it's about 2/3rds from booted hit Next again. The installation should start before it hits the splash screen. Follow the prompts, and you should be back in business about 30 minutes later.

CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks. Just tried that step by step and didn't it changed it one bit. Same cannot reconnect issue at the end.

Again, I need to be able to wipe OS first and then have loader put in new OS, but can't understand why loader and DM can identify the phone (and PIN, etc), but BBSAK, JL_Loader and Javascript cannot.

I've tried all three above in 3 different computers, each having W7, Vista, and XP, and always get to the same exact result. DM sees the phone fine, lists options, etc. but fails at the end of the updating and enters loop. I MUST wipe the existing OS in the phone and none of the 3 apps seem to be able to connect to the phone. Javaloader says cannot open port, etc.

So frustrating..
    Last edited by ergoyo; 06-19-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Global Posts
    36,574 Global Posts
    PIN

Could be a hardware issue on the install problem. No clue why you can't get it detected by any of those 3 programs, using multiple PC's. Give this a try:

Http://mcpfx.com/news.php

CrackBerry Newbie

[b][color=#000066]Could be a hardware issue on the install problem. No clue why you can't get it detected by any of those 3 programs, using multiple PC's. Give this a try:
    Thanks, but I think the link is dead.
    Yes, it is very frustrating that DM sees it but none of the 3 can.
    So, could it be a hardware issue even if the nuking resulted in the process of doing an upgrade the same day it came off the box?
    I've seen many threads where people cannot have any of the 3 programs detect it, but I have yet to see they finding a definitive solution.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up Honestly THANK YOU.

These instructions were so detailed and perfect!

I have a blackberry bold 9780. It's never been dropped, come into contact with liquid, or anything for the past... 3 months since upgrading from my curve 8330.
    Then today i went out to get groceries, and there was this HUGE downpour when i was on my way home. I had to get out of my car and open my back gate in the pouring rain, completely forgetting that while in the grocery store, i had just quickly tucked my phone into my bra (yes... us girls do keep everything there. lol think about that next time you handle a $20 bill XD) the water ended up getting into my phone.
    Everything except the screen was working, panic wracked my mind.
    I thought I fried the circuits for the screen, but if I held my phone JUST the right way, i could still see the screen functioning, it was the back light that was messed up, so i tried pulling my battery, and instead of the normal "verifying security" message, I got the "JVM Error 545" Message... I had no idea what that meant. So i came here with high hopes and desperation.
    I stumbled upon a page about the error message with a link to this page.
    Luckily I have a SIM card, so all of my information was backed up, and just my phone memory was wiped.

Thank you so much for posting such an amazing fix to a frightening problem. I'll think twice next time on where i put my phone. :P
    Last edited by Nocturna; 06-20-2011 at 11:40 PM.
    Come on! Smile! Smiling makes the world go around!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Reed McLay View Post
    That rules out a hardware problem on a single computer. Unfortunatly, that leaves us with a fault in the BlackBerry's USB port.
    Same problem I'm having. But then, if the phone's port is bad (can it go bad during a botched update??), why does DM detect the phone, pin, offers features to install, etc., and it is only at the last minute where it says it can't connect to JVM?
Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 115158596061626364 ... LastLast