Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    965 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PeleSheli View Post
    Thanks for the great tips.

Question - when I do Alt Escape (the button under end call/power) I see the running applications. Even when I go to the application, menu, close it still appears in the list when I alt-escape again. This is especially the case with Blackberry Messenger, Blackberry Browser and Mail. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    I always thought those were quick access applications that you last used, kind of like the quick icons in the start menu in Windows.

BTW, great guide, didn't know about the bedside option on the external LCD, it always bugged me that it stayed on all the time and made the surface a little warm. Also disabling GPS gives me the "911 only" option, which I think is basically off.
    CrackBerry User

can you please tell me how low i should wait for my bold 9700's battery to get before i charge it ?
    CrackBerry User

can you please tell me how low the battery should be before i charge my bold 9700
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    965 Global Posts

Probably below halfway, that's where mine usually is at the end of the day but once in a while it hits the red line.
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #30  

I charge my phone every night no matter how much battery is left. On the occasions that I intentionally red-line the battery, I run it until the phone says the battery level is too low for the mobile radio and switches it off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

hey guys I just bought one of the SEIDIO 1600 BATTERY for extended use.i forgot to read the instructions on charging the battery which says your suppose to charge it for 8 hours initially...i charged it only to see full charge on it...i dunno if i may have ruined the battery>.any suggestions on what i should do?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I understand that you should turn off the Wifi to extend your battery life, but when I do I am unable to make phone calls or send text messages because it says "the radio is off". Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Still have such problems with my 8220. Battery power lasted a total of 15 hours today and I never even opened the phone! Thought maybe my original battery wasn't very good so purchased a new one. Fully charged it for 24 hours and it only lasted 17 hours before going totally dead. I have friends with the Storm and they get a couple of days out of a battery charge. Is this just a flip problem?
    CrackBerry Abuser

very helpful! thank you hubermania!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3276EE87

Hubermania, Thanks for the tips. I often top off my peral flip durning the day. I have been looking around to see if i can find a extended battery... my quesiton is Can i use the extended battery for a pearl or dose it *have* to be for the pearl flip? thanks bud.
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #36  

Quote Originally Posted by Drew10162003 View Post
    Can i use the extended battery for a pearl or dose it *have* to be for the pearl flip? thanks bud.
    Although the Pearl Flip takes the same C-M2 battery as the original Pearl, the Flip battery compartment is a tighter fit and I don't think it will accommodate a marginally larger extended battery that would fit the original Pearl. Seidio makes an long range battery for the Flip but it's huge and comes with an extended battery cover. IMO it ruins the whole look of the Flip.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3276EE87

Quote Originally Posted by hubermania View Post
    Although the Pearl Flip takes the same C-M2 battery as the original Pearl, the Flip battery compartment is a tighter fit and I don't think it will accommodate a marginally larger extended battery that would fit the original Pearl. Seidio makes an long range battery for the Flip but it's huge and comes with an extended battery cover. IMO it ruins the whole look of the Flip.
    ok. darn.. ive been looking on Ebay and Found a 1800mah kinda BIG and adds a good amount of bluk to the device.. but i would like to get a little more then 1 day standby.. Thanks man !!!

Global Posts
    30,888 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

I think this has broader appeal than just the Pearl Flip, 85XX users, heck ANY earlier model BB users can use these tips, GOOD STUFF!!!! I'm going to move this thread to our main Tips, How To, and FAQ Forum!
    Thanked by 2:
    Eli_B (07-01-2011),  hubermania (07-01-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    25614B13

Thanks for this mate, done a couple of these let's hope it lasts longer, could do with buying myself a new battery tbh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

thanks! Always could use more battery
    CrackBerry User

Thanks will try the firmware upgrade
    CrackBerry User

Great post really helpful for me
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12