Hey all,

Just wondering what the general consensus is around here for recording videos for demonstration purposes right from the simulator? In the past I've had luck with HyperCam, but ever since I moved over to a new machine with Windows 7 I've had issues with colour distortion, and general lag which causes graphical glitches to occur.

Windows XP seemed to handle the task perfectly fine, and I assume it still does, so I'd prefer people who are running 64-bit Windows 7 machines provide their input.

Thanks!
    Last edited by hastings; 08-24-10 at 04:10 PM.
    08-24-10 03:39 PM
    Solved.

1) Download HyperCam, it's free: HyperCam
    2) Set your colour mode to 16-bit in Windows 7. (Google this)
    3) In the Simulator of your choice, you want to disable "Graphics Acceleration". Go to View -> Graphics Acceleration -> click "Off".
    4) In HyperCam, under the 'AVI File' tab, switch "Video Compressor" to CamStudio Lossless Codec v1.4. Choose anywhere between 24-40 frames per second in the same tab, depending of course on what your computer can handle.

You're good to go.
    08-24-10 04:26 PM
    I personally use Camtasia 6
    08-24-10 11:56 PM
    You can also look for "SnagIt" v7.2.5. TechSmith (same group that offers Camtasia) offered free keys to that version a while back (as enticement to checkout their newer version). Does a screen capture without the need to change colors or anything. The other screen capture abilities are quite good too. captured with the SnagIt application.
    08-25-10 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD