Update: 11/28/2011
    Official MobiHand statement found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/theme-d...ml#post6890147

-------------------------------

Hi all,

Usually it's poor form to discuss payments online, but I'm wondering if any other developers have outstanding balances that MobiHand owes them from September 2011 sales?

It's only 9 days late, and I'm not overly concerned, but I have this feeling that MobiHand is going under and maybe they don't have the money. I'm wondering if I'm the only one or if there are others. (this will ease my concern)

The amount owed is well over the minimum of $100.

Thanks!
    Last edited by hastings; 11-28-11 at 06:09 PM.
    11-09-11 05:20 PM
    I have a big outstanding balance with them. I've been waiting for two months already and the amount owed is well over the minimum.
    I'm planning to take measures, I just cannot put up with such a big debt

Last edited by adeveloper; 08-07-13 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Added a screenshot as a reminder, such things should not be forgotten
    11-10-11 02:48 AM
    I have a big outstanding balance with them. I've been waiting for two months already and the amount owed is well over the minimum.
    I'm planning to take measures, I just cannot put up with such a big debt
    I was afraid of this.

Any other developers out there?

Makes me wonder if I should just pull my products completely.
    11-10-11 07:42 AM
    Makes me wonder if I should just pull my products completely.
    miles ahead on that one

anyways was speakin to a friend who still uses them, and he said he emailed em and payment was literally arrived 10 mins after. coincedence??
    cookney likes this.
    11-10-11 08:30 AM
    Hey guys, first I've heard of this. Will reach out to Mobihand and look into it for you.
    11-10-11 08:44 AM
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your help.

I've got a few new products waiting in the wings and I'd like to keep selling and promoting on CrackBerry.
    11-10-11 09:31 AM
    No payment here either.
    11-10-11 03:22 PM
    No payment here either.
    11-10-11 03:43 PM
    For the record, MobiHand contacted me three days after my initial email and sent payment in full within a few hours.

Still, it's interesting to see developers chiming in regarding this issue. If you are owed anything substantial, I suggest getting on the horn and squaring up ASAP.

I don't want to speculate on MobiHand's financial situation, but usually if a company is this late sending money out and not letting people know when they can expect payment, it's not good.

Let's hope this mess gets cleaned up. MobiHand is usually very professional and I've always enjoyed working with them.
    11-10-11 04:45 PM
    MobiHand has not paid me even the July royalties.

Waiting...
    Last edited by adeveloper; 12-08-11 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Waiting for explanations, see how it will unfold
    11-10-11 07:45 PM
    I received this email from the president of mobihand when I emailed them about payments:

Hi,
    Forwarding to Payments Dept., they’ll look into this and get back to you.
    -David

I had already contacted their payments dept twice in the last 3 days and they haven't replied.
    If they don't pay me soon I will pull my apps from mobihand.
    11-10-11 10:20 PM
    Hey Guys,

I'm still waiting to hear back from Mobihand - I asked them for an official statement and follow up.

Until we get a better idea of what's going on, we won't run any blog posts on the homepage that have URLS pointing to mobihand (will just point to App World), unless requested by a developer (if a dev wants to do a contest, etc.).

Hope this gets resolved asap. We view the CrackBerry App Store powered by Mobihand as a value added service - both to consumers and developers. If developers don't get paid, it's no longer a value added service.

Kevin
    11-11-11 11:19 AM
    Folks i found this article that outlines some of the pain that you are running into.

Kevin I hope that I am not breaking rules by posting this.
    11-11-11 11:27 AM
    they jus did a new blog post MobiHand Evaluating Strategic Alternatives | The MobiHand App-tivity Blog

MobiHand was founded seven years ago by software industry veterans committed to providing responsive and cost-efficient services to developers of mobile applications.

Through that entire period of time MobiHand has maintained a nearly perfect record of supporting and paying developers on a timely basis. With increased competition from very large, well-capitalized companies such as RIM and Google, in 2011 MobiHand has seen the need to invest heavily in developing new, differentiated services.

These new services combined with several new partnerships with large companies will result in revenue growth in the coming year. But developing and launching these new initiatives has created significant financial strain.

As a result, MobiHand is in the process of evaluating strategic alternatives which may result in the sale of the company to a larger, more well-capitalized partner. We expect this process to be completed before the end of this year allowing us to fulfill our obligations to all of our partners.
    11-11-11 04:56 PM
    No payment here either.

We have pulled all our apps from the store until further clarification.
    11-11-11 05:37 PM
    I've been selling on there since May of this year to which I have received one payment.

But its my understanding of their payout schedule that you only get paid if the months end balance is $100 or more, not the overall balance. Otherwise it gets paid out quarterly. Which if that is correct, I should be getting my second payment here before too long. Can only wait and see.

In the meantime, as far as them going under, I'll believe that when I see it.
    11-11-11 05:58 PM
    Just pulled my apps. Nothing since July.

App World affiliate program (or something along those lines) couldn't come any sooner.
    11-11-11 07:02 PM
    Ive pulled my apps as well.
    11-11-11 07:35 PM
    NikkiSoft apps have also been pulled.
    11-12-11 01:06 AM
    This is too bad, it was super easy to find all the apps on mobi hand.. Maybe Kevin (or the dev) could make a crackberry page with all the links to the app dev apps and such, thus making it easy for us to purchase and for you guys to make money and not use mobi hand

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 09:42 AM
    edit: (correction) Looks like one payment missed here, the one expected end of October.

Leaving the apps for now. I've gotten into straits before and still think people were wrong for throwing me to the dogs with not enough chance to recover. We'll give it some time and see what happens.
    Last edited by LSphone; 11-14-11 at 03:50 AM.
    11-14-11 03:44 AM
    Still no September payment for me as well. I sent an email out Friday and hope to hear a response soon.

They owe me a few hundred dollars, which isn�t much, but for the Devs that are owed thousands of dollars I feel for you.

I hope MobiHand can resolve this matter for each of us in a timely matter before they are bought out.
    11-14-11 07:11 AM
    Not sure what to make of this, especially when all the developers I have contact with say the opposite...
    From the MobiHand blog...

As the industry transitions from web stores accessed through browsers to more convenient stores offered by OS providers, device manufacturers and carriers, MobiHand has continued to constantly innovate.

For 7 years, MobiHand has paid many millions of dollars each year to software developers. With the goal of being the most service oriented, generous and ethical mobile app distributor (we are software developers too), MobiHand has until recent weeks paid every single developer on time (except extremely rare and promptly corrected errors).

In fact, right now around 98% of developer accounts are completely current and of the accounts that are not current only a small number are older than a few days.

MobiHand is committed to pay every single dollar owed to every single developer. Furthermore, MobiHand firmly believes that these payments will be completed and that MobiHand will become a more productive sales channel.

MobiHand management believes so strongly in the future that the team began months ago to invest their own salaries back into the business instead of raising outside financing for our new services. We are serious about this transition and many corporate partners also believe that significant sales growth is ahead. For example, there are new unannounced services currently in �beta� usage at Fortune 500 companies.

We ask developers to disregard sensational, derogatory, and destructive comments made by a few developers who are inventing or exaggerating information about our company. Without the developer community MobiHand could not exist. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve and we ask that you continue with us to provide great products and responsive customer service through the next few months and in the years ahead.

MobiHand Committed to Developer Success | The MobiHand App-tivity Blog
    11-14-11 07:05 PM

In fact, right now around 98% of developer accounts are completely current and of the accounts that are not current only a small number are older than a few days.
    They owe me much money and refuse to negotiate a payment schedule.
    Now they say they pay to 98% developers on time.

Why then such a big debt to a developer who brings popular apps to them?!
    Is "taking royalties from a popular developer" the only source of finance for them?!

PAY ME, at least the most part of the debt.
    Last edited by adeveloper; 12-08-11 at 08:34 PM.
    11-14-11 08:22 PM
    They owe me more than $150K and refuse to negotiate a payment schedule.
    Now they say they pay to 98% developers on time.
    Sound like a Ponzi scheme to me. Rob Peter to Pay Paul. You are not Paul.
    Here is the link for your account info...
    http://mobile-stream.com/temp/mobiha...ingbalance.jpg
    11-14-11 09:21 PM
148 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD