CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Themebuilder suddenly very slow to start

I'm using TB 5.0 and everything has been working great till recently. Suddenly its taking at least 5 minutes to load up the theme I'm working on. I get the "Loading..." dialog and if I click anywhere it tells me "not responding" but if I leave it be eventually it loads up.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dynot View Post
    I'm using TB 5.0 and everything has been working great till recently. Suddenly its taking at least 5 minutes to load up the theme I'm working on. I get the "Loading..." dialog and if I click anywhere it tells me "not responding" but if I leave it be eventually it loads up.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks
    This happened to me when i went through and deleted some files and moved some around.
    Pittsburgh Penguins 2009 Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Free Hockey Wallpapers 2009-2010
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/ho...s-time-324805/
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Are you saying it happened after the file deletions and moves? If so, what did you do to fix it (if its fixed)?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    968 Global Posts

If you moved some of the icons around in your files, like me to get it more orginized. It seemed to have to search for the files and took forever to load.

I eventualy got it open and left it open until i was done with that theme, OR just scrap it and start over since you have all the icons made and you just need to drop them in place.

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks Pens...I think I'll start over like you suggested since now its taking hours to load! This sucks...you can spend hours developing a theme only to lose it because of a bug in the software.

Thanks again and good luck to your Pens...looks lke my beloved Habs' days are numbered!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    968 Global Posts

HAHAHA Montreal still has a chance. I want them so bad to send OV home in the first round.

CrackBerry Genius

You should be able to import to bring it back to a speedy load. Some minor things will need tweaked/added but the bulk of the work would be done.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thanks for he suggestion cangjan, but infortunately that gives the same result. Created a new theme and tried to import from the old but still takes along time.

Like penshockey said, I moved some icons and backgrounds around doing some reorganizing and I think that's what caused it. Now I moved everything into one folder and will create a new theme from there.

Thanks again to you both...
    CrackBerry Genius

Even after you saved the new file? Usually the import takes a long time and then the save should take you someplace decent.

I am personally in the habit of copying the thm file periodically just in case something bad happens.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

I had this problem, my theme was taking over an hour to load! The work around is to delete all of your home screen icons and then re-add them and then re-save. Worked for me anyway, got the tip from the BlackBerry Developers forum
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one with this problem. It takes about 5 minutes to load themes for me too. I'm going to try some of these suggestions.