Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Having a WTF moment. Have you seen the 'Real Hero' theme?

More like a HTF moment... I've been scratching my head while examining this theme... Either I'm completely missing out on functionality with the Theme Studio Suite, or this guy knows some stuff that no one else does...

Yes I purchased this expensive theme, and as I'm playing with it, I'm wondering how in did he do it?

I posted some questions in his thread.

Hes got a slide-out hidden dock that has permanent/fixed status text. It does not fade out...

He has a COMPLETELY different banner layout on the lock screen. The indicators are on a different location than the homescreen. The time/date uses a different font.

He somehow managed (in his version 1 build) to get the time on the screen TWICE. A small time badge, and a large one.

Just like the HTC Sense UI, the AM/PM is to the left of the time on the big clock. He mentioned that this was a custom font, but in font design, theres no way to get DELTA text to the left side!?

Theres a few other things in here that I am very confused about...

These are all things that everyday theme users would never notice, but as a theme developer, I'm intrigued.

Just for sh*ts and giggles, I re-downloaded theme studio to make sure I have the latest and greatest, and these features are not present! I looked at the theme's modules on my blackberry, and none of them appear to be third-party apps...

So whats the deal? How did he do it??
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,537 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Android Andy.

Houdini.

The best person to ask is the developer himself.

Bell HTC Incredible S - Android 2.2
    Bell Motorola Atrix - Android 2.2 Rooted
    Bell HTC Desire Z - Android 2.3.2 - Cyanogen 7 RC1
    Bell HTC HD7 - Windows Phone 7
    Bell LG Optimus Quantum - Windows Phone 7
    Telus Motorola Milestone - G.O.T. Froyo 2.2
    Editor on Gizmo Ninja
    Xbox Live: Glitch ZERO
    Twitter: GlitchZero
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    PIN
    K like the bing on your cherry..

I am intrigued as well. I've been thinking of downloading the theme myself.. just seems UNREAL.
    I HAVE RETIRED FROM THEMEING.

Well, hello there Droid X, I have been waiting for you...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchZero View Post
    Houdini.

The best person to ask is the developer himself.
    I posted these questions in his thread. Problem is, he never follows up on questions, and on top of that, I think his english is sub-par.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,249 Global Posts

Ok... Stumped! Ands well i don't get stumped to often. But... i have not purchased it, yet, but the only reason i would would be to understand it more but if you can't defictism, well doubt i'll be able to.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    306F0656

if you want to make sure they arent third party apps redownload the theme and it will try to overwrite any third party apps butif its just the theme there will only be one warning
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

with the slide out dock, does the wording appear for 3rd party apps as well as standard ones?

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Spent the better half of my Friday trying to figure this out...

The verdict?

I figured out exactly what this guy is doing. Theres no third party apps involved, and the features are not native to theme studio. Its ALL SVG. And let me just say, it opens up a whole new door to theme customizations. More to come shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by deficitism View Post
    Spent the better half of my Friday trying to figure this out...

The verdict?

I figured out exactly what this guy is doing. Theres no third party apps involved, and the features are not native to theme studio. Its ALL SVG. And let me just say, it opens up a whole new door to theme customizations. More to come shortly!
    if i was to guess, from your vague yet tantalising post (im guessing thats what you were going for) its using placements of modules, thats the way the owner text is done for sure, and as there are modules relating to the banner (been looking through the OS files) im guessing its using that too

there is however another way to do it, but requires using java, but the cod file is java, so you can do whatever you want to the cod after its exported, so you could edit what themebuilder wont let you do after its exported, but im guessing if ya knew java you`d be makin games and apps for more money lo

My Platinum 9900

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by daveastra View Post
    if i was to guess, from your vague yet tantalising post (im guessing thats what you were going for) its using placements of modules, thats the way the owner text is done for sure, and as there are modules relating to the banner (been looking through the OS files) im guessing its using that too

there is however another way to do it, but requires using java, but the cod file is java, so you can do whatever you want to the cod after its exported, so you could edit what themebuilder wont let you do after its exported, but im guessing if ya knew java you`d be makin games and apps for more money lo
    You are kind of on the right track. What we are doing is turning these banner items into xlink SVG objects. Hence why, this 'hack' would only work on the home screen and lock screen. Every banner item has its own xlink object, that can pretty easily be called from SVG.

In my test cases, what I have done was removed all of the banner items in theme builder. Then after creating the xlink objects in the SVG file, I can import them into theme builder. The only difference is now I have the power of code without the limitations of banner modifications in theme builder. For example, I can create 2 or more time banner objects. If I want I can set the font size to be larger than 50 (which is theme builder's limit). I can hide my banner items like I can hide a hidden dock. Really neat stuff! (I mean not really impressive to the everyday user, but its something NEW for us themers.)

With this learning experience, I'm confident that we can achieve even more! Think about all of the objects on the home screen that we have little control over. Hidden today, permanent today, status text, fonts, etc...

So I was planning on throwing some stuff together so everyone thats interested can get cracking on this, but I don't think I'll have time tonight...

Heres some brief steps to get you started. You should have a strong understanding of windows security (I'm serious about this, you don't want to lock out your account), and of course good SVG knowledge.

*this is all from memory, so correct me if I'm wrong. XP professional was used*
    -Browse to your c:\documents and settings\%USERNAME%\local settings\ folder.
    -Right click the 'temp' folder.
    -Go to the security tab
    -Set the advanced permissions for the local system account
    -Click the 'deny' checkbox for 'delete' and 'delete folders and files'.
    -Set the permissions so they apply to all child folders and files.
    -Launch theme builder
    -Export the default theme to the desktop (don't make any changes for starters)
    -You may get some windows security errors
    -Go back to that %USERNAME%\temp folder and find the folder with the latest modify date

If you did the above correct, the folder should contain the ribbon's default SVG files. In these files, you will find the objects to tons of stuff, that if done properly, you can control with SVG.

Play around with it. Build up an new SVG, and import it to your homescreen/lockscreen of theme builder.

Don't forget to set your security settings back.

I'm sorry these instructions are so brief, and pretty dangerous. I advise you to not modify windows security unless you really know what you are doing.

Like I said, I'm working on putting together some demos and shares to make this a whole lot easier for everyone.

More to come!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

hey deficitism you are my new hero!
    Current OS: 5.0.0.822 | Current Theme: Ubuntu 10.04 | 3rd Party Apps: QuickLaunch, Berryweather, deBattGym, SmrtGuard, TaskMaster, WorldMate Live & Laterdude

Ahaz Designs | FREE OTA HOSTING
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by imdaBold1 View Post
    hey deficitism you are my new hero!
    Awwe Shux!

Hey guys. Here are some specific x-objects for the stock home screen banner items. If you know what you are doing, you can manipulate these objects with SVG code. You can't touch them in composer. This is for manual SVG coding only.

• CurrentDateTime
    • AlarmIndicator
    • BatteryLevel
    • Coverage
    • SystemStatus
    • GridIndicators
    • Roaming
    • SignalLevel
    • WLANSignalLevel
    • GPSMode
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    TBA

I am just replying because I want to be in the loop when you post some more information. Win7 and XP are not the same. I am running out the door and when I get a change to look, I will tell everyone how to do this on W7 and Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by b15ginz View Post
    I am just replying because I want to be in the loop when you post some more information. Win7 and XP are not the same. I am running out the door and when I get a change to look, I will tell everyone how to do this on W7 and Vista.
    just for anybody else, at the top of the first post theres a drop down toolbar marked `thread tools` if ya click that, then click Subscribe, then emails will come your way, with no need to post

My Platinum 9900

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    TBA

Haha. I knew that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Quote Originally Posted by b15ginz View Post
    Haha. I knew that.

sorry dude, just read that back and its like im havin a go, totally not, jus tryin to save others that visit a bit of time

My Platinum 9900

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    TBA

Hehe. I was being sarcastic. Thanks for lettingme and everyone else know. I forgot about that feature of forums.

CrackBerry Addict

Ooooo! I am positively giddy! Thanks, Deficitism!
    Karen
    Karen's BlackBerry Themes
    Quality themes for the 9800, 9700, 9630, 8900, 9000

I'm going to start tweeting when a new theme is available: Follow Me on Twitter
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    TBA

Got it on W7, All I get are debug and tmp files.

Right click on that folder (c:\users\loggedinusername\appdata*/local/temp and goto properties.
    *you need to have hidden folders visible. go to your control panel to do that.

Click Security

Click Advanced

Click the second item in the list (or whatever your listed under for admin) then click change permissions.

Do the same thing (look for admin) then click edit

Scroll down and click the deny box for Delete and Delete subfolders and files.

After you do that, load up TB, and save an OTA to the folder you created on the desktop.

You will now see the files.

EDIT:

You need to look in c:/users/namehere/appdata/local/temp.

change settings for that folder for the logged in user..you should be good to go. save the theme to desktop then look in there. folder should be created as pz_
    Last edited by b15ginz; 04-04-2010 at 01:57 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

I'm really glad you guys are contributing. I'm currently working on grabbing object names of the remainder of the homescreen items. I just got the hidden today and status text objects.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    TBA

I was abke to get the sbg file and move are the time and battery via the code. Wasn't able to make the the font bigger thou. Change font-size and nothing happened.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Successfully manipulated hidden today and status text with code. Definitely more involved here than with simple banner items.
    Last edited by deficitism; 04-05-2010 at 11:30 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,772 Global Posts

This is what I expect from a "premium" theme. whatever $$ he earns, he deserves.

I'm sure there's a ton of stuff that can be done with hard coded SVG's, that I don't know about.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,712 Global Posts

this is great! would love more details on how this works!!

THANK YOU!
    CrackBerry Addict

need to know about status text/app name, thats the big one!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast