Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Can't get hidden dock theme to load on 8330...

I've made many a theme and upgraded many a blackberry and know a little about alot with BB's.

Well I upgraded my friends 8330 to the 5.0 OS that is out and it runs beautifully. I have also made her themes that always work.

I made a theme with a hidden dock and can not get the phone to recognize it. When I go to Manage Themes in Theme Builder it shows up on the phone, but from the phone its no where to be found.

I tried the same coding for the dock on my 8900 to make sure I got the hidden dock thing down and it worked. Then did it in the 8300 format.
    I don't get an SVG error when loading the theme. BUT I do get a runtime error when I first try to export the theme to the Blackberry.

I had been trying Export to Blackberry, then exported it to an alx and Desktop Manager wanted to reload the 5.0 OS and I was not about to sit and go through that just cause I wanted to load this theme.

I didn't try to load a different theme at this point last night cause it was late and I was over messing with the dang phone and had to go home.

SO, any idea on why the phone accepts the file, Theme Builder says successfully added, but the theme is no where to be found in Options>Themes??
    Like I said, I know a little about a lot, so I may not be as well versed is this area as I should be...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    PIN
    Huh? :D

I'm going to assume you are using Blackberry Theme Studio, when you go to export, choose Publish for Web or Publish for Desktop, for the Target OS, did you make sure it was 5.0? I don't think you should really be having any problems.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by RikusHaven View Post
    I'm going to assume you are using Blackberry Theme Studio, when you go to export, choose Publish for Web or Publish for Desktop, for the Target OS, did you make sure it was 5.0? I don't think you should really be having any problems.

I did the publish for desktop, that's the alx file. And made sure I am exporting for 5.0 OS. Typically there are no problems with what has always been a simple process for me.
    But this time its just not working...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    PIN

Is her Blackberry running a hybrid? If yes, which one? It's quite odd though, even with a hybrid I don't think the themes would be like that. Did you try to create a new custom 8330 theme, and then had the original .thm imported, and then exported that as 5.0? I'm sorry if I can't help much, I have an 8330m and so I can only envy the 8330 users who can use 5.0 and better hybrids.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Is her Blackberry running a hybrid? If yes, which one? It's quite odd though, even with a hybrid I don't think the themes would be like that. Did you try to create a new custom 8330 theme, and then had the original .thm imported, and then exported that as 5.0? I'm sorry if I can't help much, I have an 8330m and so I can only envy the 8330 users who can use 5.0 and better hybrids.
    I've got the 5.0.0.438 from Boost Mobile on her phone.
    I was thinking I should start a new one and import the old file. I've had to do that with my 8900 when the new Theme Studio came out.
    I just can't test it all since my 8300 has been sacrificed for parts for other phones
    Thanks, I'll have to try that stuff next time I have access to her phone.
    It was just odd it was on the phone and I couldn't get it to recognize it.
    Trial and error with this stuff!!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    PIN

Yes it is. And I envy her 8330 then, I wish mine could run 5.0. But anyways, hope everything goes well!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Yes it is. And I envy her 8330 then, I wish mine could run 5.0. But anyways, hope everything goes well!
    Well its pretty full with that OS, she had to get rid of some apps and I've been using BBSAK to make more space too.
    Thanks!!