Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By molson0
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 release date got changed?

I hurriedly went to the Telus site and placed my order for the Z10 as soon as the live webcast ended knowing that it would drop on the 5th, and the white on the 12th. I just checked back to today just surfing only to find that they changed the release date to the 12th; no mention of the 5th. As it's 5am right now, I'm going to call later today to get to the bottom of this. I really don't want to wait another week for my Z10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

I just checked their site and it shows a Feb 4 ship date for the black Z10 preorders (and Feb 12 for the white ones).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

Here it does, at least: http://shop.telusmobility.com/blackberry.php

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Devices begin shipping February 12.
    Please allow 2-3 business days for delivery.

This is what I see when I go there. That's odd.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    68,249 Global Posts

Maybe manufacturing is behind.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I just saw what you saw MusicMtl. On the mobile page, it shows black being shipped on the 4th and white being shipped on the 12th. However, from the main browser, it now shows as both shipping on the 12th.

It scares me because it seems like they've changed dates and haven't updated their mobile pages.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

Hmm, that's definitely a possibility. Personally, I'm waiting for the Q10 or possibly a slider (though we still don't know if there actually will be such a device). But still, I want to see BB10 succeed, and so want the devices out asap! Also want to go to the store and play with the new OS.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Koodo is Telus brand and they will have them on Tuesday, atleast that's what they told me at the store last night. One negative is, they said each store(koodo) is only getting 5 units...lol for Tuesday.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

I'm fearing the worst now. The Telus rep gave me their web orders number (18664882709) but I know that they are closed on the weekend (I've called them before).

I think that so many people pre ordered z10s to the point that they don't have enough to cover all the preorders and because they didn't change their page fast enough, they pushed everyone back to the 12th to save their own ***. I hope this isn't the fact because if it is, I might as well cancel my order and buy the phone at the store.

I preordered my phone, that means I should be getting it on the day of its release; I reserved it. If they push me to the 12th, I'm not going to be a happy camper.

The worst part is going to be this uneasiness I'm going to have all weekend mulling over whether it'll be on time or not.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts

I thought the black model was dropping on the 5th, and the white model on the 12th.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

that's what was indicated when the pre order page was first put up, however if you are to go to the page now, it indicates only of a February 12 ship date.

CrackBerry Genius

They"re selling really fast. I spoke with Bell and they said the pre-orders were coming in fast! Lots of people wanting the white Z10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

I passed by Telus and the salesperson said this Tuesday...
    CrackBerry Newbie

I saw this earlier this evening but didn't think anything of it. They've probably gone through the stock that's already in their warehouse and as such have moved the shipping date forward for all future pre-sales until they can rejuvenate their inventory. So basically, if you've already ordered your phone it should ship on Monday, if however, you order now it'll ship a week later.
    Just a hunch, but i don't think there's any reason for panic.

Quote Originally Posted by cshumski View Post
    I saw this earlier this evening but didn't think anything of it. They've probably gone through the stock that's already in their warehouse and as such have moved the shipping date forward for all future pre-sales until they can rejuvenate their inventory. So basically, if you've already ordered your phone it should ship on Monday, if however, you order now it'll ship a week later.
    Just a hunch, but i don't think there's any reason for panic.
    I tweeted Telus regarding the change and the response I got from them seems to indicate what you said.
    Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
    Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

I'm not panicking, I'm just concerned. It's happened to me before with Telus when I preordered the Storm only to find out that my shipping date shifted due to an inventory miscalculation.

I called Telus Weborders and they told me that there was a massive influx of orders for the Z10 that depleted their stock; they are confident however that their inventory is accounted for and that there are no people affected by the date change.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,820 Global Posts
    PIN
    cushion

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeRob View Post
    I'm not panicking, I'm just concerned. It's happened to me before with Telus when I preordered the Storm only to find out that my shipping date shifted due to an inventory miscalculation.

I called Telus Weborders and they told me that there was a massive influx of orders for the Z10 that depleted their stock; they are confident however that their inventory is accounted for and that there are no people affected by the date change.

To bad the storm shipped at all.
    meganVee likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

Smile Talked to Telus weborders

They told me that anyone who ordered before the first of february will be shipped on tuesday the 5th. Anything after the 1st of february will get it shipped on the 12th. They said it is like the iphone 5 launch and they are swamped. They said they have been working till 10 at night upto last night finishing orders. My order was launch day, she said it is sent to the warehouse for ship. Just to let people know.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I went to a Telus store today, and they confirmed they only would get the devices tomorrow, but it was still planned for tomorrow. They had no clue how many they would get though.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Cool I ordered about 12:45 PM PST on launch day,I was worried when I hadn't received a shipping notice today, but I guess it should happen tomorrow. I hope it ships out of greater Vancouver so it will only be a day or 2 in transit.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I went to a Telus store last night to check. They have them in store but not allowed to open till tomorrow. I asked her about white z10 launch date. She has no idea. "They are Telus, but they don't tell us anything. I didn't even know when I was getting black z10 till I opened shipment." That's her reply. Anyway she has 8 in stock. So I can get 1 tomorrow!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Got my shipping notice sometime overnight. It shipped yesterday out of Calgary via CP and should be delivered tomorrow
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

For those on Telus, web store rep told me you will receive shipping info like tracking number ect.. When they ship out so today some of you $ay receivr that shipping email with all the info. For those who ordered white like myself you will receive the same email closer to or on the 12th when the white are stated to ship. Hope this info helps out somehow
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had called and spoke to Telus. If you pre-ordered on January 30th, then your phone will be shipped on the 4th and delivered on the 5th or 6th. If you ordered on the 1st or later, then it's being shipped on the 12th. I pre-ordered my phone on the 30th, and I have received my shipping email for tracking, and it is currently out for delivery as of 8:10am ET this morning on a Puralator truck, so I should be getting it any time today. The telus rep told me that they sold out of pre-orders on the first day, which is why if you ordered it after the 30th, you're getting yours on the 2nd shipment day which is the 12th. If I were you....I'd be calling, cancelling the order and run to a Telus store and pick one up today! However, make sure the stores haven't sold out yet before you go and cancel your order!!!
    CrackBerry User

Received my email notification from Telus as 11:43am January 30th to place my pre-order which I did and received payment confirmation at 12:01pm and credit card authorization. I'm looking forward to a wonderful Valentine's Day gift to myself. LOL