Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,415 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Question about Telus' Android selection

I was browsing telusmobility.com, and noticed that they have only 9 Android phones listed: Ace Q, GS 2, GS 3, Note, Note 2 (not available yet), One S, One V, One X, and the Optimus LTE. So my question is: is this it for Telus' Android offering, or do the stores carry more phones that aren't listed on the website? I'm interested in getting an AWS band (1700 MHz, band IV) phone so I was wondering if my only choices at Telus are the S2 and the One S.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30 , Passport (coming soon!)

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

Default Re: Question about Telus' Android selection

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    I was browsing telusmobility.com, and noticed that they have only 9 Android phones listed: Ace Q, GS 2, GS 3, Note, Note 2 (not available yet), One S, One V, One X, and the Optimus LTE. So my question is: is this it for Telus' Android offering, or do the stores carry more phones that aren't listed on the website? I'm interested in getting an AWS band (1700 MHz, band IV) phone so I was wondering if my only choices at Telus are the S2 and the One S.

they carry more at certain stores. EX in my area there are at least 6 androids, 1 iPhone, and 2 blackberry.
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    Thanked by:
    raino (10-26-2012) 

Global Posts
    6,415 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by bmercer94 View Post
    they carry more at certain stores. EX in my area there are at least 6 androids, 1 iPhone, and 2 blackberry.
    Did you happen to notice if those 6 androids were different from the ones I've listed above?

And what's up with Telus listing a whole bunch of phones in their support pages, but not in their for-sale pages?

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

Default Question about Telus' Android selection

Did you happen to notice if those 6 androids were different from the ones I've listed above?

And what's up with Telus listing a whole bunch of phones in their support pages, but not in their for-sale pages?
    The ace & ace Q are two which are there but not listed. There's sometimes a lg optimus chat

Sent from my B@stard using Tapatalk
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

If you want to pay your phone (what I think is better than taking it over a 3yrs contract), buy it unlocked from one of the 2links below. That way you have more choices and almost all phone are working everywhere in the world. Also you are not only locked to the Telus network, you can change network anytime so no more 3yrs contracts!

Links:
    - Canada GSM leading cell phones provider (my favorite)
    - First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - EXPANSYS Canada

Have a nice shopping!
    X-op!

History:
    Phone: 8330 -> 9700 -> 9810 OS 7.1
    Tablet: PlayBook OS2
    Work Phone: Samsung Galaxy Ace (Rooted / Unlocked with Galaxy Ace Unlock)

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/cVv43QC
    If you like, then like! If it helped, say thanks!

Global Posts
    6,415 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Thanks. I'm getting my phone through Telus for a very specific reason, so I'm restricted to them (their AWS band phones)

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Well... a lot of phones are compatibles with AWS (some that Telus sell are not btw...) You can look there: List of AWS devices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you can buy your phone anywhere as long as they are compatible...
    X-op!

History:
    Phone: 8330 -> 9700 -> 9810 OS 7.1
    Tablet: PlayBook OS2
    Work Phone: Samsung Galaxy Ace (Rooted / Unlocked with Galaxy Ace Unlock)

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/cVv43QC
    If you like, then like! If it helped, say thanks!