Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meganVee
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default pre-order z10 from telus.. how long it will take to receive the item?>

hi,

does anyone had tried pre-ordering a z10 device? I pre-ordered my phone a week ago but i haven't received anything yet..
    any idea??/ thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

Default pre-order z10 from telus.. how long it will take to receive the item?>

Depends exactly when you ordered. at one point, they changed ship date from Feb. 5 to Feb. 12. You can always phone to check the status of your order...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hans_berry View Post
    hi,

does anyone had tried pre-ordering a z10 device? I pre-ordered my phone a week ago but i haven't received anything yet..
    any idea??/ thanks!
    If you pre ordered it after January 31, your device will ship on Feb. 12 or later. I received mine two days after it was shipped, and I'm in NL. So give it a day or two after you receive your email notification.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry User

I ordered the Z10 (white) on Jan 30, 2013. I read that it would ship on Feb 5 and later that it would be Feb 12. I have not received an email indicating the unit has shipped (this post written on Feb 13). I've made several inquiries, but those inquiries must be made to the Telus web orders department and not to the standard Telus support department. Calls to support are referred to the web orders department. I managed to get through to the web orders department once after a considerable wait. They were not able to confirm anything or even formally acknowledge that they had my order (I do have an order number and paid using a Credit card). So as of this morning I live only in hope. I am waiting for some sort of formal acknowledgement that the order is in the system somewhere but I have no idea when the unit will be shipped; I also have no idea if the white phone will be further delayed.
    Last edited by Russell McNeil; 02-13-2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: typo in order date
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Russell McNeil View Post
    I ordered the Z10 (white) on Jan 30, 2013. I read that it would ship on Feb 5 and later that it would be Feb 12. I have not received an email indicating the unit has shipped (this post written on Feb 13). I've made several inquiries, but those inquiries must be made to the Telus web orders department and not to the standard Telus support department. Calls to support are referred to the web orders department. I managed to get through to the web orders department once after a considerable wait. They were not able to confirm anything or even formally acknowledge that they had my order (I do have an order number and paid using a Credit card). So as of this morning I live only in hope. I am waiting for some sort of formal acknowledgement that the order is in the system somewhere but I have no idea when the unit will be shipped; I also have no idea if the white phone will be further delayed.
    The white device was to ship on Feb 12, even as of Jan30. However I didn't get my email notification until a day after mine shipped.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    CrackBerry Abuser

I ordered mine on February 5th. It said I would receive a confirmation e-mail shortly after but I never did. I contacted web orders via e-mail two days later and they said it was sent to the warehouse for shipping and I would receive an e-mail when it was shipped. Ok then. I checked my credit card and I have been charged for the phone. When I ordered it showed as shipping on the 12th but that same day I saw on twitter it should actually say the 14th. Alright that's fine no big deal. But keep me in the d@mn loop about my phone you know.
    I still have not received a shipment e-mail and technically it should have been shipped two days ago as per the website at the time of ordering. I have nothing and not sure I want to go out anywhere in case they show up and then I have to wait longer to pick it up at the post office.
    Former: Motorola MicroTac- Motorola V120x - Nokia 3280 - Audiovox 8600 - Audiovox 8410 - Samsung A920 - LG Vx8500 (Chocolate) - BlackBerry Pearl 8130 - LG Vx9700 (Dare) - BlackBerry Curve 8530 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - BlackBerry Torch 9810

Current: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB WiFi; BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB WiFi; BlackBerry Z10!!!

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am contacting them for a second time. The guy asked for my order number of which I do not have as I did not receive a confirmation e-mail. Now he is checking on a tracking number for me.

So my phone has NOT been shipped yet. The warehouse received the order on the 7th of February but I guess they are just staring at the the box or something I have no idea.
    Anyway, he contacted the warehouse to get the phone mailed out today. I should have it next week.
    I was hoping to have it this weekend but that is okay. I did not think it would be sent out until the 12th (as per the website at the time of order).

Here's hoping it is sent out this afternoon and arrives Saturday seeing how Monday is a holiday here (Alberta) and waiting until Tuesday just sucks! hahah
    Former: Motorola MicroTac- Motorola V120x - Nokia 3280 - Audiovox 8600 - Audiovox 8410 - Samsung A920 - LG Vx8500 (Chocolate) - BlackBerry Pearl 8130 - LG Vx9700 (Dare) - BlackBerry Curve 8530 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - BlackBerry Torch 9810

Current: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB WiFi; BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB WiFi; BlackBerry Z10!!!

CrackBerry Abuser

You will not be getting your white phones if you pre-ordered.
    CrackBerry Abuser

And you say that because...?

CrackBerry Abuser

Because that is what Telus told me.
    If you don't believe me feel free to contact them yourselves and see if they are sending out the white z10 pre-ordered phones.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am personally not concerned about the white ones, I am however concerned about my black one which I pre-ordered 11 days ago when the website said it would ship on the 12th. In talking to a csr in weborders on the 14th he was contacting the warehouse and I have yet to receive an email about it being shipped. Currently I am not impressed. This is my first time pre-ordering a phone and will most likely be the last unfortunately.

CrackBerry Abuser

They are not honoring the pre-orders.

I cancelled mine because they never shipped it. They are not shipping most of them and they are not informing the customers. As the manager told me, they don't want to call their customers with bad news.
    CrackBerry Abuser

If I do not receive an email Monday I will be calling them again on Tuesday morning.
    I was told 3 to 5 days for it to arrive once shipped but if it is coming from Calgary to Edmonton then it should not take anywhere near that amount of time.

Did they refund your money for the pre-order?

CrackBerry Abuser

I just got off the phone with Telus Web Orders.

My phone was shipped out on the 15th so the CSR provided me with the tracking number. Since today is a holiday (Family Day in Alberta) it will arrive tomorrow!!!

FINALLY.

I have no idea why throughout the whole process I have not received any communication regarding my order. No order confirmation, no payment confirmation, no shipping confirmation or tracking number.

But it is on its way and will be here soon... Thankfully!

Now here is to hoping the process of switching from a Torch 9810 with regular sim to the z10 with micro sim does not cause any issues and hopefully will not require a phone call! *knock on wood*

CrackBerry Abuser

Well, I was pleasantly surprised last night at 7pm when my phone arrived!!! I have had it now for 16 hours and I love it!!! It was definitely worth the wait and slight frustration with Telus and their lack of communication.

bmercer94 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Cool MeganVee!!! Glad you like it. I'm still on the fence. My 9900 does everything I want, more or less(pic quality is quite a bummer). I was ready to buy one, I was actually in the store with my money in hand and they didn't have the white, AND couldn't tell me when they'd have them. SO I waited and waited, and after thinking about it, theres so much I could be doing my $250 dollars.
    CrackBerry Abuser

When I look at my torch 9810 now and go through the OS it just feels ancient lol. So glad to have the Zed10.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts

Congrats on finally getting your device, welcome to BB10

Pin:24BEA9DC if you need help, or want an add to a group which is active and friendly and helpful with the Z10 and later the Q10. Even have a developer.

Posted via CB10