04-26-13 12:15 AM
- So I`m getting a little tired of this. I have a friend on Fido who I text with and every so often he tells me he stops receiving my texts, so I call up TELUS and they reset my phone and then all the backlogged texts go through at once.
Now though, even calling them isn`t fixing that issue and it`s been 2 weeks since a text has gone through and I`ve got my phone reset multiple times in that time span. Does anyone know of any sort of tricks I can do to maybe fix this because it`s obvious TELUS can`t do it. Is it maybe my phone? I have a Bold 9900 so you'd think that it would be pretty reliable....08-18-12 10:11 AM
- I tried asking about a new sim but they said that shouldn`t mind.
It seems to only be one phone in partcular so TELUS has taken my inquiry to the next level and has been investigating it for the past week, hopefully I get an answer soon :P
I can`t really complain they gave me a free month of phone service for the inconvienence08-25-12 04:30 AM
1. Franz, are you on the new Z10 (never previously on a BB)?
- I ask this because network Switch has new provisioning requirements than other devices.
2. Can you send yourself an SMS successfully, as well as your friend on Fido?
- remember we're talking about 2 different users and 2 different lines on 2 different providers.
3. If 2 above fails for either of you, at any given time, have your providers' tech support resend your services from the switch to your SIM cards. Ensure you're not talking to them on your mobile phone line!
3. If 2 is successful for both of you (sending SMS to yourselves only not to one another), then open a ticket with Telus Tier2 support, have your friend do the same with Fido. Mention the phone lines as well.
If those fail, and nothing wrong with the device (powercycled, updates have been done), then follow providers suggestion for new SIM card. SIM cards get their information and details from the switch in the first place. This is the way to troubleshoot phone lines, before taking time out of a users day to purchase a SIM card, have it setup, only to find the issue still remains and could be a switch provisioning or maintenance issue with your line.04-21-13 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD