CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default People not receiving my texts

So I`m getting a little tired of this. I have a friend on Fido who I text with and every so often he tells me he stops receiving my texts, so I call up TELUS and they reset my phone and then all the backlogged texts go through at once.

Now though, even calling them isn`t fixing that issue and it`s been 2 weeks since a text has gone through and I`ve got my phone reset multiple times in that time span. Does anyone know of any sort of tricks I can do to maybe fix this because it`s obvious TELUS can`t do it. Is it maybe my phone? I have a Bold 9900 so you'd think that it would be pretty reliable....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Try a new SIM? A V3 has fixed a lot of issues for us.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I tried asking about a new sim but they said that shouldn`t mind.

It seems to only be one phone in partcular so TELUS has taken my inquiry to the next level and has been investigating it for the past week, hopefully I get an answer soon :P

I can`t really complain they gave me a free month of phone service for the inconvienence
    CrackBerry User

Do a security wipe. Had the same issue...it was due to the store trying to transfer my 9000 contacts to my Z10...call data support and have them walk you through it. You may have to add contacts again depending on how old devise is
    Hope this helps
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by highos View Post
    Try a new SIM? A V3 has fixed a lot of issues for us.
    Wow ... shotgun solution. I'm sure it worked but let's look at a few things.

1. Franz, are you on the new Z10 (never previously on a BB)?
    - I ask this because network Switch has new provisioning requirements than other devices.
    2. Can you send yourself an SMS successfully, as well as your friend on Fido?
    - remember we're talking about 2 different users and 2 different lines on 2 different providers.
    3. If 2 above fails for either of you, at any given time, have your providers' tech support resend your services from the switch to your SIM cards. Ensure you're not talking to them on your mobile phone line!
    3. If 2 is successful for both of you (sending SMS to yourselves only not to one another), then open a ticket with Telus Tier2 support, have your friend do the same with Fido. Mention the phone lines as well.

If those fail, and nothing wrong with the device (powercycled, updates have been done), then follow providers suggestion for new SIM card. SIM cards get their information and details from the switch in the first place. This is the way to troubleshoot phone lines, before taking time out of a users day to purchase a SIM card, have it setup, only to find the issue still remains and could be a switch provisioning or maintenance issue with your line.
    Weapon Of Choice = BlackBerry: Z10
    Amunition = BB10 Full Metal Jacket, the Mobile OS piercing violator!
    CrackBerry User

Posted via CB10