Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How much are you paying a month?

Hi Everyone,

I just would like to know what is everyone paying a month for their voice and data plan. My friend at rogers is getting 250 Daytime, Evenings and weekends at 6, unlimited text, voice, and 6 Gigs for $55.00. Is anyone else getting something like that with Telus? Please share. Thanks
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    286BC2E3

Default Telus

I am with Telus and I pay about $90/month for much of the same, maybe the only diff is call display voicemail, call waiting. We should all band together and force the cell companies to give us a better deal. We are all getting ripped off, the American plans are so much better, no long distance all the call features free.
    Crackberry User since 2007
    Pearl - Storm - Torch - Bold

Being Bold running 7.1.0.861 on my 9900
    CrackBerry User

I'm with Fido and i got their retention plan. They offered me a very good voice plan for 18bucks taxes in, but i asked for data/additional minutes. And to my surprise, they offered me:

350 Daytime Minutes (250 + 100bonus minutes)
    Unlimited Weekends / Evenings starting at 5pm-8am
    Unlimited Text
    6GB Data ($5 per addition 500mb overusage. I never go over anyways)
    Caller ID
    Voicemail
    Unlimited Network Calling to Rogers/Fido Users

40.58/Month

Taxes in i pay 45.86 bucks and every month is consistent
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    P.M Me

Unlimited Voice 35, 6Gb data 30 (credited), loyalty package 15 (callerid, voicemail, callwaiting) 10 a month total

50 with taxesish

With telus

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

fischkind, can you help me please....they said if I knew a friend who has a plan like that and I can give them a phone number and PIN so they can verify that it is true, they can give me the same deal....please PM me if possible....i would really really appreciate it
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    STRIPE SUIT

$130/month

Unlimited minutes to North America, 24/7
    6 GB Data
    Voice mail 10, caller ID, etc...pretty much everything they can offer.

Only way to ever possibly pay over $130 a month is to go over 6GB data or take my phone overseas and use it. I'm very happy with this plan.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me....

Too Much

LoL
    CrackBerry Abuser

WTF? I have been with Telus for 11 years (since i was 17 started pay as you go) and today i called cause my contract is coming up and they pretty much shafted me. I am paying $64/mo taxes in for pretty much unlimited evenings and weekends. 5 fav numbers and 500MB data... How are you guys getting 6GB?!

They offered me some BS plan that is called Student $55?

200min
    10fav numbers
    unlimited evenings and weekends 6pm-7am
    Unlimited txt (which i dont use)
    Conference calling (dont need)
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail 3

plus i had to pay for caller idea for discounted rate for $5 instead of $8. $60+tax for that? No thanks
    CrackBerry User

just tell them rogers offered you a better deal, and you want to switch. im sure they will keep give you a very good deal to keep you as a customer.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

I just switched from Rogers to Telus a month ago and i'm gettiing:

200 daytime minutes
    Early nights (6pm) and weekends
    Unlimited outgoing and incoming text, picture and video messages
    10 Favourite Numbers
    Free Caller ID (compensation due to a CSR screw up when I initially signed on)
    Unlimited North American long distance
    1 GB DATA (more than I will ever use per month)

My monthly bill is $70.50

I'm happy with that. I was paying over $88 a month with Rogers and that was without the unlimited long distance.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

10+ year customer, currently paying $85 + tax

$35 Unlimited Local Calling (not zoned)
    $25 500MB
    $10 BES Service Book
    $10 Loyalty Package 15 (CID, VM10, Unlimited Text)
    $5 100 Long Distance minutes

It's not the best, but it will do until my contact expires in July. I was paying less, but I had to give up most of my retention credits when I switched to the unlimited calling plan. Loyalty is not budging right now, so I'll wait until I'm near the end of my contact and start playing hardball with them.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    26c77e5b

55$ + 8$ (some options)
    unlimited national call after 18 hours/week and unlimited in weekend
    2 gb data
    10 fav number
    call waiting/conference call
    unlimited text messaging
    200 min long distance call
    voice mail 5
    call'S display number

i'm with telus since about 15 years
    Last edited by ravageur1972; 12-11-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: forgot .....
    Pearl 8100 --->Storm 9530--->Torch 9800 + PlayBook 16g & Ipad2 16g
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    PIN
    I PIN no more, maybe I'll return w/ BB10

After taxes my bill comes a few dollars shy of $90. My plan breakdown is as follows.

$30 plan which includes 200 minutes/unlimited incoming calls
    $30 6 GB BlackBerry Data
    $7 extending my evenings & weekends to 6pm
    Voicemail 25 - free
    Caller i.d. - free
    100 U.S & CDN long distance minutes - free
    Unlimited international text messaging including free texting while I'm in the states + unlimited picture/video messages - free

I've been with Telus for 7 years so my plan was put together through their loyalty department.
    Last edited by BB_Vee; 12-13-2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: forgot to add
    Just my $0.02...Read it, take it or leave it
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Just scrapped it from my account page
    Not quite sure how I got a student plan...since I'm not a student...but okay.

Student 55+ $55.00/mo.

Included with plan
    BlackBerry APN Access
    Favourite Numbers 10
    Canadian LD @ $0.40
    MHSI APN Access
    Pocket Web Surf Business
    10 Favourite Numbers
    Family Calling LD
    Text Messaging Services
    Data Flex
    6pm Local Nights & Weekends
    Unlimited Messaging
    Family Calling
    Free Local Birthday Calls
    911 Emergency Access Charge
    Conference Calling
    Favourite No. Mutual Exclusion
    Outbound Call Display On
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail 3
    Current add-ons
    International Voice Roaming
    Conditions $0.00/mo.

Basic Voice Mail Free
    Remove $0.00/mo.

Intern'l Roam Data Block
    Remove $0.00/mo.

Video Calling
    Conditions $0.00/mo.

Caller ID Free
    Remove $0.00/mo.

Also includes a gig a data.

Before I way paying $50+ taxes for less minutes, less fav's, 500MB and I believe 8PM was my free calling. Not a bad plan, but IMO it should only be around $50 total for this package instead of the $62.15 I'm paying now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    290b707c

I'm paying 30 + SAF and Fees of 7.70 = 37.70 plus tax a month
    I have:
    Supertalk 10
    250 daytime, unlimited E/W after 7 pm
    Unlimited Inc (Credited)
    100 Cdn LD (Credited)
    CID/VM (Credited)
    250 text (credited)
    1 gig Data ($20)

But unforuntately contract is up in 4 weeks and they said numerous times they will not let me keep my credits and are trying to get me to sign a new contract of at least $50 even though I already straight out bought a new BB and don't need a new phone.
    Only thing i would love is to get more text and I would def sign a new contract.

So is it true that if we find another person with a contract we like on Telus we can get them to match it. I haven't heard anyone able to do that unless it's like a another family member etc...

If this helps someone else.. that's great.
    Crackberry addict as of Feb 2, 2009.
    Telus Plan $37.70 plus tax: 250 dt, unlim E/W 6 pm, unlim text/photo/video messaging, CID, VM, 1 gb,
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by southnam View Post
    I'm paying 30 + SAF and Fees of 7.70 = 37.70 plus tax a month
    I have:
    Supertalk 10
    250 daytime, unlimited E/W after 7 pm
    Unlimited Inc (Credited)
    100 Cdn LD (Credited)
    CID/VM (Credited)
    250 text (credited)
    1 gig Data ($20)

But unforuntately contract is up in 4 weeks and they said numerous times they will not let me keep my credits and are trying to get me to sign a new contract of at least $50 even though I already straight out bought a new BB and don't need a new phone.
    Only thing i would love is to get more text and I would def sign a new contract.

So is it true that if we find another person with a contract we like on Telus we can get them to match it. I haven't heard anyone able to do that unless it's like a another family member etc...

If this helps someone else.. that's great.
    Part of the problem here is probably the fact that you can no longer sign a contract with TELUS unless you are taking a hardware discount, and in order to get promotion pricing on *most* smartphones you must maintain a minimum plan of $50/month (base plan + add-ons included).

So if you've purchased a phone outright and don't want to take a hardware discount on another device, you won't be able to sign a contract. This may sound silly, but the reason TELUS does this is because the Early Cancellation Fee is directly tied to the subsidy received on the phone. If you didn't take a hardware discount, there's no subsidy, which means there would be no cancellation fee (save the $50 admin fee); and without a cancellation fee, there is no benefit to TELUS in having you on a contract.

The way around this would be to sign a contract for a device that doesn't require a $50 minimum (all feature phones and *some* smartphones), and then turn around and sell the phone on craigslist. I can't guanatee that you'll get to keep all of your credits, but you'd be in a better position to negotiate something. Without a contract committment from you, they have no reason to negotiate with you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    290b707c

Thanks. You explanation is much better than their CSR saying "oh my computer won't let me sign you on a contract with a phone. The system won't let me do it" lol. So any suggestions for what non-smartphone that is best bet at buying and reselling?
    My confusion is that by signing me on contract of any sorts, even without a cancellation charge they are makign money each month they keep me as a customer. Unless they are trying to say they won't make money off my contract.
    Anyhow, gotta find a way to keep my present price adn not buy a new smartphone which will force me to a minimum $50 a month deal.
    Telus Plan $37.70 plus tax: 250 dt, unlim E/W 6 pm, unlim text/photo/video messaging, CID, VM, 1 gb,
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by southnam View Post
    Thanks. You explanation is much better than their CSR saying "oh my computer won't let me sign you on a contract with a phone. The system won't let me do it" lol.
    No problem. It's tough to find good help these days You'll often get better answers on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by southnam
    So any suggestions for what non-smartphone that is best bet at buying and reselling?
    I just took a look at the TELUS phone lineup on their website, and they actually only have 4 feature phones listed. The rest are all considered smartphones, but many of them don't have a minimum $50 plan requirement.

You'll notice what I mean in the picture below. The red circles don't require a $50 plan, but the blue circles do.

Just take a look though their phones and find one that doesn't, and sign a contract for that. I don't know what all the resell values are on those phones, but you may want to consider the Moto Defy, LG Optimus 7, or the Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by southnam
    My confusion is that by signing me on contract of any sorts, even without a cancellation charge they are makign money each month they keep me as a customer.
    You're right, they are still making money off you every month, but without a committment from you, you're a flight risk and they have no reason to give you a better plan than anyone else off the street. Typically the carriers will reward loyalty/retain customers by giving them discounted plans in exchange for a contract committment. TELUS won't let you commit without a hardware discount, as the committment can be broken without any financial loss to the customer (no insentive to stay), hense the no contract without hardware policy.
    CrackBerry Addict

Koodo here $40/mo about $46 w/tax
    2GB data
    50 min airtime all Canada
    50 international text messages.

It works for me as I use Bridge and tetheres a lot.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank2029 View Post
    WTF? I have been with Telus for 11 years (since i was 17 started pay as you go) and today i called cause my contract is coming up and they pretty much shafted me. I am paying $64/mo taxes in for pretty much unlimited evenings and weekends. 5 fav numbers and 500MB data... How are you guys getting 6GB?!

They offered me some BS plan that is called Student $55?

200min
    10fav numbers
    unlimited evenings and weekends 6pm-7am
    Unlimited txt (which i dont use)
    Conference calling (dont need)
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail 3

plus i had to pay for caller idea for discounted rate for $5 instead of $8. $60+tax for that? No thanks
    You have to call their retention line.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    290b707c

I have found SUCCESS HOORAY. I posted this on redflagdeals but thought I would share here for us Crackberry addicts too..

After 4 painstaking months of calling every once in a while and them saying they can't give me anything special and forcing me to give up my current plan which I love. I was told that at the end of my contact I would lose all my credits of $33 and it would automatically be charged to me. I got a little head way today. My contact expired today so I called back to talk to them.

This is what I had
    Supertalk 10
    - 250 dt
    - unlimited e/w @ 6pm
    - vm3, cd, cc, cf
    -unlimited incoming (credited $10)
    - 100 cdn ld (credited $10)
    - 250 text (credited $5)
    - Call Display (credited $8)
    Unlimited data $30 (switched this to 1gb $20 last month when I bought a new Torch)

So when I called 3 weeks ago the CSR in Retention told me to call back the day before my contact because they would be more in a bind to keep me or resign me. He event said just to not sign and ask to continue to credits for like a year etc...

So today I call them thinking my contract was ending today all to find out it ended yesterday. I was worried I would be charged all those things but they said that my Cdn LD and Text credits expired next month and my unlimited incoming was just not renewed so I was not charged. The CSR then without asking said she could give me unlimited text instead of the 250 for free so I wouldn't have to worry. No end date on the credit. She wouldn't budge on the LD or Unlimited incoming but I don't talk too much so the 250 daytime are actually enough for me. She even said with my plan if I didn't need a phone there was no sense in resigning a contract because there was not much she could give me anyhow beyond what I had.
    So now I have
    Supertalk 10 ($10 + SAF and Fees=$17.30)
    - 250 dt
    - unlimited e/w @ 6pm
    - vm3, cd, cc, cf
    - 100 cdn ld (credited $10 but will lose this next month)
    - unlimited cdn text
    - 1Gb data $20

I then realize I forgot to ask if my CID was renewed. I called back, talked to another lady who said it was dropped yesterday and asked if I wanted to sign a new contract. I kindly said that I just bought a new device so didn't want another one and she understood. She offered to give me free CID for 1 year as I told her I may consider resigning when the new BB10's come out.
    So now for $37.30 plus tax a month I am a happy camper with enough data, texting and minutes. This is SUCCESS to me b/c a few months ago all they were offering me were plans that were about $55-$65.
    I may be pushing my luck but I'm going to call back and try to get my LD and my unlimited incoming... (okay maybe the Unlimited incoming is greedy as I dont' even need it).

So moral of the story, keep trying and be Really really really polite... I said a lot of thank yous.
    Good luck everyone. I really think it did help that I called when my contract was over as the other L and R guy told me a few weeks back.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have a plan that I gave to my little brother. I paid $45 before taxes for the Blackberry Social Plan:

250 Mins
    Free Telus to Telus
    Unlim Local calls evenings after 9pm + weekends
    Free Caller ID, Call Waiting
    Free Voicemail (small package)
    Unlim Text Msg

My current plan is way better, I just have 1 more year with this one.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    PIN
    I PIN no more, maybe I'll return w/ BB10

I changed my plan yesterday, I now have:

600 mins
    6 GB of data
    Unlimited incoming calls
    Nationwide Family calling
    Evenings & weekends starting at 6
    Unlimited text, picture & video messaging
    Caller i.d, call waiting, conference calling
    Advanced voicemail 25 (credited)
    100 U.S. & CDN long distance minutes (credited)

This is $90 before tax
    Just my $0.02...Read it, take it or leave it
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask

Corporate Plan

350 Anytime
    Canadian LD @ $0.00
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Extended Unltd. Nights & Wknds
    Text Messaging Services
    TELUS to TELUS
    SPARK Sampler
    US Roam Air @0.40
    Canadian LD @ $0.10
    Conference Calling
    Caller ID
    Call Forward Immed
    Advanced Voice Mail
    Air Minute Pooling
    Call Forward
    Unlimited Data/Browsing

$45 + tax = $50.85 per month
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
    this thread went from very informative to downright hoodsilly...
    doggy10 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask!

I got the sask 55 dollar promotional plan.....been with telus for a year and 7 months. Included also is unlimited incoming calls And 100 cd ld mins and call display all for 62 dollars with taxes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast