CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Current plans, promotions at Telus, any deals happening?

Looking at Telus website and there is no plan that I can find that I like. Not enough voice, too little data for the price. My wife took over my cell phone and she got, two months ago, 500 minutes, top 10 numbers, voice mail, caller id, (plus a few other features), unlimited cross canada texting, free evenings and weekeends after 6pm and 5 gigs of data. She uses only the top 10 numbers and texting, no data. This was a retention package as they offer nothing like this for the $50 she got it for. So, now with BB10 dropping, I am shopping for a plan but coming at Telus from a prepaid plan, also in my name but they won't budge and offer anything similar to her plan. Anyone heard of plans floating around Telus or other providers that are like the plan above? Would love to hook up with a decent plan and share data but Telus limits sharing to Family plans. Would love to hear about promotional plans that are not being advertised that I can use as leverage. Any carrier at this point in time.
    CrackBerry Genius

I'm curious also. But, they do have the promo 55+, which has all that but only 100 mb data. It's not too bad a plan in comparison, but let me know what you find
    CrackBerry Abuser

Back in December I called TELUS to ask if they could do anything regarding my plan because of that awesome FIDO promo plan. For $56 it came with 2gb data, unlimited local & national minutes, unlimited text/picture messaging, caller ID, call waiting, voicemail etc...

The TELUS rep told me they could not match the plan but tossed in caller ID for me. Additonally they said that TELUS was releasing new promo plans in the next couple weeks and that with no charge I could change my plan to anyone that I wanted, without resigning or any contract issues. Well that was a LIE. I have been on the TELUS website weekly looking for these "so called" plans. Anyways I am pretty ticked and am still looking at switching to FIDO. I suggest you go check out their plans. I believe they have a promo plan similar to the one I described but with 1gb of data, not 2gb.
    Pearl 8130 -> Storm 9500 -> Tour -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9800 -> Curve 3G -> Bold 9900 PlayBook (2.1.0.1032) -> Z10 and Q10. I need help.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

i haven't called yet but when iP5 came out my wife abandoned the Curve 8330 she had and got the sweet deal for $70 for all she wanted plus 6 GB data/mo. I could not change to it without changing phones, but was hanging waiting for Z10 and now? nothing available. Already I see Rogers selling for $139 vs $149 for Telus.

As a friend's grandson says, "NOT HAPPY"
    Using Curve 8330 CDMA w/hybrid OS 5 for bridge. Waaaaaiting for BB10 Black Z10 and 16GB PB.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Yeah, I guess I missed the boat, should have tried to get the same package I got for her. I guess they want to get us to "pay up" for data use but just to get the same amount of data, well 6 gigs versus 5gigs, Telus wants $60!!! Thats more than her plan!!! and thats just for data!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default very happy with Telus

Just paid just $29 for my BlackBerry 10.

In Manitoba, Telus has a trade in program. Additional $50 off the Cost of the phone with your trade. My Bold 9780 got me $70. So, 149 - 70 - 50 = $29.00.

All I needed to pay was my remaining device balance.

Plans: Manitoba has unlimited nationwide calling anytime, 5GB data, and all the options (caller I'D, voice mail, etc)

I'm quite happy.
    Thanked by:
    AsianStorm (02-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Ya, only deals I see going on right now are trade promo's. I'm thinking about going up to the Z10, I think I can get $50 trade promo for my old 8330, or possibly $80 for my Torch 9800, but will likely keep that one as a backup phone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

yep. traded up from a torch in store and got 50 bucks off as well as 60 bucks off for the trade in. so I saved 110. got a Z10 for 150 bucks on a 3 yr term plan so it is 150-110=40 bucks..... this works if your plan is done.... if not then you gotta buy out the remainder of your contract and add that to the 40 bucks. go to mytelus and input the info and it will tell you how much to buy out the rest of your current plan. I did that and was happy and now I got my Z10 to play with.... and I am very happy with the phone too if you were wondering.
    I got a Z10 and I likey!
    -----------------------------------
    CrackBerry Abuser

they have a wicked deal on now. They take your order then don't send you the phone.
    CrackBerry User

Just wanted to share what a colleague of mine was able to secure with a Telus Customer Relations Rep yesterday (2013.02.14):

She called in, threatened to cancel, was promptly transferred to CR who made the following offer for a new Z10 on a three year: $139 - $50 - $70 (trade in). She was delighted, but asked to pick up a device from a Telus store so she could have it sooner. The CR rep then proceeded to call a few Telus stores in the Ottawa area - none of which had any Z10 stock, to which the Rep offered an additional $50 credit if Telus could ship the phone out to her.

Hopefully someone else can benefit from this and try to fandangle another $50 credit out of Telus.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by blackberry_juice View Post
    Just wanted to share what a colleague of mine was able to secure with a Telus Customer Relations Rep yesterday (2013.02.14):

She called in, threatened to cancel, was promptly transferred to CR who made the following offer for a new Z10 on a three year: $139 - $50 - $70 (trade in). She was delighted, but asked to pick up a device from a Telus store so she could have it sooner. The CR rep then proceeded to call a few Telus stores in the Ottawa area - none of which had any Z10 stock, to which the Rep offered an additional $50 credit if Telus could ship the phone out to her.

Hopefully someone else can benefit from this and try to fandangle another $50 credit out of Telus.
    That extra $50 is a promo they have going on all this month. Also, if you can trade in any old cdma phone(doesn't have to be yours, or activated, just an old cdma phone) they will give another $50 off.