Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can i receive BBM on wireless

So i was just wondering. Can we receive bbm on wireless? Lets say if i have a phone which does not work in other countries. The new curve, if i have a wirless connection will i be able to receive and send emails?

i think so it will? am i wrong??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    PIN
    30fb37a9

If you're referring to data service on BIS, as long as your data is enabled, its not a problem.
    As for me, I use wifi to avoid roaming data charges. Log into a wifi network, turn off phone signal radio and enable data. Your berry will operate as normal once its logged on to your BIS server via wifi and use ahead!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

so does it has to be an international fone???

i think they shud nt matter no?

international fone capability i guess is just for making / receiving calls internationally?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,329 Global Posts

I think what Funkydog is trying to say is you have to have BIS provisioned onto your sim card. At least that's how I was told wifi works. As long as you have a data plan attached to the sim, which has to be in the phone, wifi capabilities are functioning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

I am down south (in arizona) trying to get ablackberry to work. The phone is from Canada and has the social plan with bell (bbm, facebook, txting). The doesn't have cell phone reception but does have free wireless internet. I can connect to the wireless network, surf the web with the bell mobile browser but I can't use bbm with the phone (which is what I need).

What can I do to get bbm to work?
    CrackBerry User

ps. didn't realize this was the telus section of the forum, just found a similar topic I was about to make.