- 11-28-2013, 07:44 AM #2
They have a 3 year contract
Mercedes’ Formula One team and BlackBerry, two businesses trying to catch up with rivals, joined forces in a sponsorship deal worth $12m a year for three years.
Research In Motion, the Canadian handset maker, is getting into F1 for the first time and will have the BlackBerry name on the chassis and headrests of Mercedes’ new Silver Arrows and the racesuits of team drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.A simple man with a BlackBerry.
BlackBerry Z10 Pin:2ABC0158 STL100-2 OS 10.2.1.2102 Vodafone
BlackBerry Bold 9900 OS 188.8.131.5230 Vodafone (for beta use)
BlackBerry Curve 9360 OS 184.108.40.20631 T-Mobile (for beta use)
BlackBerry Playbook 16GB (WIFI) OS 220.127.116.113
BlackBerry Torch 9800
BlackBerry Bold 9780
BlackBerry Bold 9700
BlackBerry Curve 9300
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-07-2014, 08:38 AM #6
- 164 Posts
$36 million over three years. It's interesting to think about what is gained the the sponsorship from a marketing standpoint vs doing what some people have advocated, here - buying apps from developers. Imagine using that money, instead, to pay an average of $1M each for the development of 36 popular native apps. I guess it depends on whether you think marketing or addressing the app gap is more important.
- 03-05-2014, 11:34 AM #12
- By hakan duran in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 12-11-2013, 04:05 AM
- By tlloyduk in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 2Last Post: 12-01-2013, 02:10 PM
- By Abhishek Bisawa in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 1Last Post: 12-01-2013, 06:31 AM
- By schwede in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 2Last Post: 11-30-2013, 04:39 PM
- By bsrgsit in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 11Last Post: 11-29-2013, 11:41 AM