Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Like phones, car quality isnt determined by a few. Many have had tons of issues with their BB, doesnt mean they should never buy one again.

But as to the topic, this is another great step. BB is stepping up and playing on world stages here and with the SB. People wanted them to have more exposure, and they are getting it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    PIN
    To many of them

Default Mercedes : New car and BlackBerry is their new partner !

Quote Originally Posted by Dales View Post
    A car built by McLaren with a Mercedes engine. A few teams have Mercedes engines, though the cars aren't built by them.
    And then the engines weren't even tuned by Mercedes themselves. The company responsible for that was Ilmor which, I think was later bought by Mercedes and renamed Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines.
    CrackBerry Addict

Really glad BB is represented in F1 by a quality brand!
    BergerKing and Bobcat665 like this.

Global Posts
    9,323 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #29  

Quote Originally Posted by Hush9300 View Post
    And then the engines weren't even tuned by Mercedes themselves. The company responsible for that was Ilmor which, I think was later bought by Mercedes and renamed Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines.
    "Brand" Mercedes team is Mercedes/AMG
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    PIN
    To many of them

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    "Brand" Mercedes team is Mercedes/AMG
    I've been following the sport since the 80's. I believe I know what I'm talking about. Until 2010 there wasn't even a works Mercedes team in the paddock since the 50's. They so held a stake in McLaren until the shares were repurchased last year.

The team was also last year only renamed to include the AMG in their name.

Anyway, this is going way off topic. It's good exposure for Blackberry nonetheless.
    jafrul and Superfly_FR like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I think its another example of BlackBerry saying they can play with the big boys, like the Super Bowl ad. Logo looks really good on the car, black on silver. This is really going to be seen by a lot of people worldwide. As for the cars, yea, not that great the last 2 years but Hamilton is a better driver than Rosberg and probably better than re-cycled Shumi so it will be an interesting year if they have made some improvements to the car.
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    PIN
    To many of them

Quote Originally Posted by gordo51 View Post
    I think its another example of BlackBerry saying they can play with the big boys, like the Super Bowl ad. Logo looks really good on the car, black on silver. This is really going to be seen by a lot of people worldwide. As for the cars, yea, not that great the last 2 years but Hamilton is a better driver than Rosberg and probably better than re-cycled Shumi so it will be an interesting year if they have made some improvements to the car.
    I'm actually looking forward to Hamilton driving the wheels off that car.
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Someone did read my very first post from May 2012. Excuse the rantiness - must have been drinking....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts:38 Posts 05-05-2012, 02:39 PM Thread Author #1 [Idea] Formula 1 - BB - QNX let's go!!!
    Look at Formula 1....520 million viewers - Austrailia, Japan, Malasia, Singapore, Brazil, Canada, now US of i, all over Europe, Middle East etc. Alot of people watch F1 because they love technology, and F1 has more collective brain power behind it than any other human endevour. What BB/QNX should do, is crazy glue a playbook onto a steering wheel, get rid of those 20 buttons and switches (not the critical ones), go to the F1 community and ask, Red Bull, or Mercedes, or Kingfisher, or Ferrari.... if they want to be part of a $200 million world wide advertizing campaign. Call it a "developement program"... , maybe they'd even use it. The driver could swipe screens between track position, critical safety info, control fuel mapping - diff settings, in the pits he could swipe to an overhead camera and watch tire changes, see wheel nut sensors flash to green, loly-pop guy would only have to watch pit lane (ask MS if he'd like this), in the rain swipe to a FLIR (forward looking infra red) camera screen (safety), cars doing 20% less than normal speeds would flash red (safety), etc. Of course the BB team would win, then on the cool down lap, swipe to communications, BBM voice your fans, video chat with your Dad, call your Mom, twitter, .....
    Set up an LTE network at each track, communications thru QNX/Harman - noise suppression systems. Team members, VIPs, the spectators, the world, could have a playbook, swipe between steering wheel screen (watch your favourite driver's every move) , different camera angels, track position, timing etc.

This is all possible today and light years and of Apple and Android yet the media thinks BB has to catch up (and will fail). Forget about the Saturday mall shopper crowd - they are gone.....the US media is gone (50 great stories come out of BBW 2012 - all that the business shows can report on is the death of the physical keyboard (nothing on SAP, CISCO, CITRIX etc) Hello - you are a business show!!!!

If F1 doesn't want to play ball, rent the Mosport track, have a BB fanboy weekend, invite racers to come out, fake it, film it, shoot some commercials, have displays/demos/cool stuff (connected cars/QNXHarman), lets see Paratek in action, keep it light and just have fun!! Or you could just use an F1 simulator.....

Rant's over...
    Stand Up
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

I used to go with BMW, and recently Audi - I miss my C350 and will be going right back to Mercedes for my next car. You think Mercedes have problems??? Try BMW & Audi.

I'll get a Mercedes doubly quick if they have the new CAR2 infotainment! (Hate that word... infotainment... blasphemy)

Quote Originally Posted by BThunderW View Post
    Won't buy another Mercedes ever again. Mine has been in the shop more times in last 3 years than the last 2 cars combined in their lifetimes. Can't wait to get rid of it.
    CrackBerry Addict

This is my first German car as I always bought domestic. But with all the "German Engineering" being the big thing, I figured I'd give it a shot. I mean it's their flagship sedan, you'd think they'd at least try to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumenight View Post
    I used to go with BMW, and recently Audi - I miss my C350 and will be going right back to Mercedes for my next car. You think Mercedes have problems??? Try BMW & Audi.

I'll get a Mercedes doubly quick if they have the new CAR2 infotainment! (Hate that word... infotainment... blasphemy)
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

We have an ML350 (wife's ride)...two years old, it NEEDS QNX BAD....for a top end SUV the infotainment system is just garbage...this should be a great marriage between the two companies...great move.
    Acumenight likes this.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Damn it!!! Nico Rosberg literally justed tweeted about this and I thought it was the first time until I logged on here. I was at cirque du soliel with him in Montreal last june!!!
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

On another note, I think its also important to look past the sponsoring on the cars. Their racing suits have it right on the front just as big as patronas!!
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000

C000288CC
    Shanerredflag likes this.

Can you imagine...couple years of development..Hamilton wins another World Championship, BlackBerry releases a best in class world dominating limited edition device to celebrate...oh...I HAVE A DREAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    On another note, I think its also important to look past the sponsoring on the cars. Their racing suits have it right on the front just as big as patronas!!
    And both drivers are fantastic spokes people...this really is huge! :0
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by docgasberry View Post
    When Hamilton won the World Championship in 2008 as the youngest driver ever, he was racing with a McLaren-Mercedes.

Sorry .....which rubbish race cars were you bitchin' about?
    and now SEBASTIAN VETTEL holds that honor. Youngest one time, youngest two time, youngest three time.

I think Redbull will fair well again this year starting in Australia, even against this Blackberry Benz.

Ross Brawn seems to have a less mature, and more new team this year. Long term its good though

C000288CC
    h20work likes this.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    Can you imagine...couple years of development..Hamilton wins another World Championship, BlackBerry releases a best in class world dominating limited edition device to celebrate...oh...I HAVE A DREAM.
    I do follow hamilton on twitter and I know when he tweets and instrgrams it was previously from a phone that starts with an i

C000288CC
    CrackBerry User

I think this was a great marketing move on the part of Blackberry and I can see the two companies working closely together in the future. Blackberry has a tarnished brand and partnering with a company like Mercedes is brilliant as there brand exudes luxury and appeals to professionals. People will start to associate the two brands together and begin to see Blackberry as a high end device (as it is).
    CrackBerry User

Mercedes are on the up in F1 so this is a smart move

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    I do follow hamilton on twitter and I know when he tweets and instrgrams it was previously from a phone that starts with an i
    I do as well...and his FB feed, I know you don't do the FB but I really enjoy his posts. I hope the Z has an easy way to post to twitter too.

And one more...:
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    And one more...:
    Interesting that the Blackberry logo wasn't on the gear when the video was filmed. I have checked the site and Blackberry is all over for Jerez testing!!!!

Very interested to know how much this sponsorship cost as Formula 1 is the worlds most expensive sport.

Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website

C000288CC
    CrackBerry Genius

I almost did a backflip when I heard the news. I'm a huge F1 fan. My app F1 Connect 2013 is also on BB World for anyone interested.

This all makes sense though based on the launch keynote where Vivek/Thor kept showing off Mercedes / Schumacher videos. Thor musta had some pals at Mercedes.
    Thanked by:
    jafrul (02-04-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by docgasberry View Post
    When Hamilton won the World Championship in 2008 as the youngest driver ever, he was racing with a McLaren-Mercedes.

Sorry .....which rubbish race cars were you bitchin' about?
    I wouldn't call Mercedes a crap car / team but when he won I'd say it was more the Mclaren side of it than Mercedes. Most top teams in all different motor sports come to England to get their cars designed / built because we're good at it.

My favourite driver for entertainment value is Hamilton too.

I'm looking forward to the start of the season.
    Last edited by Ben1232; 02-04-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast