Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Why is T-mobile so expensive?

Here is a quick rundown of my plan and costs. All I ever hear is how great they are when it comes to price (which would explain their **** poor coverage) but why am I paying the same as my bro does for his 2 BB's on verizon?

my faves 400- 69.99
    unlimited texts- 19.95
    BB data- 24.99/phone (2 BB's)

After insurance and "taxes" my bill is $165. It seems to me the only way t-mob is "cheap" is if you have some long gone plan that you were grandfathered over with.

Just had to vent a lil.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,143 Global Posts

whoa, i pay 150 for 2 bb's on sprint unlimited data unlimited text and mms unlimited mobile to any mobile on any network unlimited nights and weekends and 3000 anytime minutes for land lines (never go over 300 min a month between 2 phones, and me and the Mrs talk alot) you could get the same plan i have on sprint for $69.99 for 1 phone, u can't beat it. and the data speeds are much better the tmobile...
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    safety, rolling, clothes, hair, bowling, bobby?

You are getting smoked dude.... 20 bucks for unlimited texts is INSANNNNNNNNNNNNE. That is five time MORE than I pay for TWO phones. And 69.99 is pretty expensive for only 400 minutes.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    LKY TAURUS

I have the same plan, the main thing with the price is the myfaves, five phone numbers per device, unlimited calling. For people like us, that have very few contacts outside of tmobile, it works fine. Any of the newer plans would cost us at least 10% more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Yambag View Post
    Here is a quick rundown of my plan and costs. All I ever hear is how great they are when it comes to price (which would explain their **** poor coverage) but why am I paying the same as my bro does for his 2 BB's on verizon?

my faves 400- 69.99
    unlimited texts- 19.95

After insurance and "taxes" my bill is $165. It seems to me the only way t-mob is "cheap" is if you have some long gone plan that you were grandfathered over with.

Just had to vent a lil.
    Yeah, those prices suck, especially considering it's on TMo....I can't believe people actually use TMo, but that's for a different thread.

I have 700 mins on VZW for 59.99 (before my 25% discount) and unlimited text is $10. BB data is 29.99
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Contact me via email please.

my faves 400- 69.99
    unlimited texts- 19.95

Just had to vent a lil.
    How about calling TMobile and getting them to adjust your plan? I have two Blackberry's on my account. We have unlimited data/text/minutes, and the total bill is $150/month after all taxes.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by plkcable View Post
    I can't believe people actually use TMo, but that's for a different thread.
    Thats a pretty ignorant thing to say...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

To everyone that says I'm taking it in the rear, can you please tell me what plan you have and what you pay? I've tried calling t-mob (a few times actually) and they never have any way of me saving any money, NEVER. Are you guys long time customers getting perks that new customers cant?

1. $20 for unlimited texts does sound insane but to drop down would only save me like $5....not worth it.

2.To the poster with unlimited everything for less than I pay....How? Really? help me please.

3. in case i wasnt clear, this is for 2 BB's.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Well regardless, tmobile has cheaper prices than any of the big 4... so whether your taking in the rear or not, tmobile has the best prices. Your prices arent that bad for 2 lines.

How long have you been a customer?

I pay about 140 total (with taxes and everything) for 600 minutes, unlimited web x2, unlimited texts x2, insurance x2.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

I've only been with them for a year.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

So I take it you're still under contract? Unfortunately at this point I don't think there is anything you can do.

Why did you agree on those prices in the first place? Its really hard to compare prices to other companies b/c so many different factors apply.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,440 Global Posts

I pay 59.99 before taxes for one line with 500 minutes, unlimited tmobile to tmobile, nights and weekends and unlimited texts and data for BB.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Yeah, Im still under contract. I switched because of my fiancé. She talks to her fam all the time who are all on t-mob and I rarely talk so it made sense at the time.
    BlackBerry Diva

Is the 69.99x 2 or is it that amount for both phones? Also, look at your total of
    texts for the month to see if you really need the unlimited.

Since you have data/email on your phones, try to use email instead of text whenever
    you can.
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

the 69.99 covers both phones
    CrackBerry User

PIN

2.To the poster with unlimited everything for less than I pay....How? Really? help me please.
    Even More Plus plan, Unlimited Minutes Talk + Unlimited Text + Unlimited Web is $139.99/month.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    PIN
    Google Talk Now!

I have 1000mins no night & weekend two BB with web 400 texts each and I pay 109
    Don't judge me from yesterday cause today I have moved on.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by CueyN View Post
    Even More Plus plan, Unlimited Minutes Talk + Unlimited Text + Unlimited Web is $139.99/month.
    So after insurance on both phones and taxes its about the same as what i pay. After you factor in the cost of 2 BB's it doesnt seem worth it.
    CrackBerry User

I like T-Mobile, for better or for worse. LOL. I get 1000 minutes a month for $40, and for another $20, get unlimited data use and texting. After insurance and tax, I pay around $90. I don't pay anymore than what my friends with BBs on other networks pay for their stuff. It works for me.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by plkcable View Post
    Yeah, those prices suck, especially considering it's on TMo....I can't believe people actually use TMo, but that's for a different thread.

I have 700 mins on VZW for 59.99 (before my 25% discount) and unlimited text is $10. BB data is 29.99

I'm with T-Mobile, and I got better deals than you did with Verizon. We pay about the same thing every month, yet, I get more bang for my buck (1000 minutes for $40, unlimited data and text for $20). Seems to me Verizon is the one that has the crappy prices.

I was with Verizon for a couple months, for the wireless internet thing they have. Got stuck with a $300 bill one month, and a $750 bill the next. :/ Never again.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

So after insurance on both phones and taxes its about the same as what i pay. After you factor in the cost of 2 BB's it doesnt seem worth it.
    Go to a VZW store, and add up a comparable feature set, look at the bottom line and you might feel a little better.

Doesn't that talk/text/web Even More plan include data for the Blackberry with T-Mobile, or is it still an add-on?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,237 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain View Post
    Doesn't that talk/text/web Even More plan include data for the Blackberry with T-Mobile, or is it still an add-on?
    It includes it. I pay $59.99 for 500 minutes + unlimited text + unlimited blackberry data. Also, the Even More Plus plan doesn't require you to be under a contract. Where else can you find that?? The downside is that you pay full price for your handsets, but they're broken down into 20 monthly payments.

With the Even More plan, you pay $10 more a month for the plan & you're under contract, but you get upgrade pricing on handsets.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    It includes it. I pay $59.99 for 500 minutes + unlimited text + unlimited blackberry data. Also, the Even More Plus plan doesn't require you to be under a contract. Where else can you find that?? The downside is that you pay full price for your handsets, but they're broken down into 20 monthly payments.

With the Even More plan, you pay $10 more a month for the plan & you're under contract, but you get upgrade pricing on handsets.
    So, the OP could get two BBs covered with the Even More Plus plan, 750 minutes (talk/text/web) for $109.00 right? Unless I'm missing something off T-Mobile's web-site...

If I didn't have serious coverage considerations, I'd jump to T-Mobile in a heartbeat (I'm in a lot of remote places, off the main highways where AT&T or VZW have better incumbent coverage, etc).....
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    The downside is that you pay full price for your handsets, but they're broken down into 20 monthly payments.
    And the upside is, you buy pre-owned phones off of CB Marketplace, or Craigslist, and you end up way ahead....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts
    PIN
    TS IN COME THEY

We're in the process of price shopping for a similar plan / deal (T-Mobile coverage is absolutely miserable in southern Idaho), and thus far no one can compare to our current deal with T-Mobile. We have two 9700's on a 700 Family shared minute plan, plus 2 x $20 unlimited data, 1000 texts, and 400 texts. Total end monthly bill is $114.97, after taxes and our Alumni discount.

We stopped by a Verizon store (they actually have coverage here- 3G even!), and it was all bad news. Their "latest and greatest" Bold has a trackball. It'll cost $40+ more per month (before taxes and fees) to get what we're getting now. Plus, of course, we'd have to pay the contract breakage fee to even switch carriers...

I digress, sorry. The point is that T-Mobile really does seem to be the cheapest around, from what we can find out. Verizon would cost us an extra $500/yr! It almost even makes it worth having one bar of GPRS when I go inside, or all the dropped calls. Almost
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast