Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,311 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Who bought an Unlocked Z10 and has T-Mobile 4G

Hi - just wondering who in CrackBerry Nation bought an unlocked Z10 and is using on T-Mobile? What kind of coverage and speed are you getting?
    BLACKBERRY!! We go where you go!

BBM#71
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,678 Global Posts

Hi....I don't think I can post a pick or screen shot with this app but I can confirm 4G connection with my unlocked Z10...they (TMo) do not offer LTE yet.
    Mine is an unlocked Bell phone from Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Be nice, it's free.
    Thanked by:
    bunky1971 (02-20-2013) 
    BlackBerry Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    Hi....I don't think I can post a pick or screen shot with this app but I can confirm 4G connection with my unlocked Z10...they (TMo) do not offer LTE yet.
    Mine is an unlocked Bell phone from Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Where did you get your Z10?
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,678 Global Posts

Canada from Bell mobility ...model STL 100-3

Posted via CB10
    Be nice, it's free.
    BlackBerry Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    Canada from Bell mobility ...model STL 100-3

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for letting us know.
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just managed to get mine working. Micro sim wasn't making proper contact, had to slide a little bit of paper in to hold it down to make better contact.

What I have is an RFF91LW from Virgin Mobile (Bell). Unlocked via crackberry. Here are my findings so far:

1. Currently testing in a limited area in Houston
    2. Get full bars (5 of them)
    3. Ran a speedtest and got 15.80 Mbps down, 1.46 Mbps up
    4. Under "Mobile Network", it's showing T-Mobile 4G

Any other questions, ask and I'll try to answer. Tomorrow I will pop in a Simple Mobile micro sim and try that out.

I have a quick question: Is it possible to delete your sent txt messages and only keep the ones you receive? With OS7, you just tapped on your sent message and selected "Delete Message". I cannot find that option in BB10.
    Thanked by:
    austriker (02-21-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Default WHo bought an Unlocked Z10 and has T-Mobile 4G

Im using z10 with tmobile $60 plan in los angeles area. Not soo good, signal reception is not very good. Att beats the heck outta tmobile almost everywhere
    CrackBerry Master

I hope to get one soon- so I will keep you all informed
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > White Z30
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Join dropbox for free cloud storage

Don't Panic
    big_time2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post
    I have a quick question: Is it possible to delete your sent txt messages and only keep the ones you receive? With OS7, you just tapped on your sent message and selected "Delete Message". I cannot find that option in BB10.
    To delete individual messages, you simply long-tap ("tap and hold") a specific message (either text or BBM) and then press the delete button on the bottom-right.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Unlocked RFF91LW works on 1700 Tmo 3G/4G

I have a Z10 unlocked running on T-Mobile. Everything works great except no option for wifi calling.. Speeds are amazing I have seen up to 14Mbps but attached is a screen shot of various lower speeds (4-9Mbps) I have gotten recently (14Mbps was in a city a ways from here). You will also see it is running of T-mobile 4G. This is a Canadian model.. unsure of the carrier as it came unlocked but it is a white, STL100-3, RFF91LW model and is absolutely utilizing the 1700 4G band. I am curious if the bands that are listed with the different STL100-3 variants were software locked, and once the phone is unlocked they are removed, but regardless I have tested this in areas where T-mobile has not deployed its 1900 3G network and it still works well on the 1700 3G/4G. If someone more technical has an explanation that would be interesting, but for now know that it works when unlocked.

ALSO, I used to rely on Wifi Calling inside my house (its like a bunker for cell phone coverage) and I was concerned about this as I got NO coverage. But with the Z10 I get at least one bar walking around my house. Just enough. (For comparison, I was on the 9900 and the IPhone 4 before neither of which got any coverage). Hope this helps someone.

Who bought an Unlocked Z10 and has T-Mobile 4G-img_00000015.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who bought an Unlocked Z10 and has T-Mobile 4G-img_00000015.jpg  
    Thanked by 4:
    bunky1971 (03-07-2013),  Core_Frequency (03-18-2013),  heading4tomorrow (03-26-2013),  modifier (03-18-2013) 
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27FEAC60

I can verify that I have a z10 RFF91LW (STL100-3) running on T-Mobile with excellent 4G coverage and speeds. This is also a shout out to crackberry member joeybee who helped me acquire one from the north country.
    Thanked by 2:
    bunky1971 (03-07-2013),  modifier (03-18-2013) 
    big_time2 likes this.
  12. nnr
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post
    Tomorrow I will pop in a Simple Mobile micro sim and try that out..
    So did you try with a Simple Mobile SIM? Any problems connecting and are you getting 4G (HSPA+) connectivity? Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by btothemalm View Post
    I can verify that I have a z10 RFF91LW (STL100-3) running on T-Mobile with excellent 4G coverage and speeds. This is also a shout out to crackberry member joeybee who helped me acquire one from the north country.
    Is joeybee willing to help other people too?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    no

Can't you look up the frequency bands under settings like on OS 7? That way you can see if it was really just a software lock and once unlocked both the RFF91LW and the RFK121LW are the same phone.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27FEAC60

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    Is joeybee willing to help other people too?
    He is willing to help anyone who wants one. Here is his crackberry.com info http://forums.crackberry.com/members/joeybee-308666/
    He is great to deal with and the transaction went very smooth.

You can also go here to order BlackBerry Z10 Orders
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I ordered a device from NewEgg and am using it on T-mobile. However, they sent me the STL100-1, which isn't LTE capable, so I'll be returning it to NewEgg and picking up a device with AT&T most likely.

Despite being in what a T-Mobile coverage map calls "Excellent 4G/3G" I am mostly stuck on Edge. Occasionally it will switch over to "4G" (HSDPA+) coverage, but only in certain areas that are much more limited then the coverage map implies. Very disappointed with T-Mobile coverage in my area, especially since they are half the price of AT&T. One funny thing I did notice, at home I have "4G" coverage unless I'm trying to use the device. If I'm not doing anything with the phone it shows "4G", as soon as I try to use data it switches to "E", stop using data, it switches back to "4G". Strange.

Just ran a data test while on Edge, 567ms Ping , 0.12Mbps Down , 0.05Mbps Up

I'll run it again in an area that says "4G" and post those as well.
    Last edited by Revolver; 03-18-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

With "4g" I got 76ms ping, 9.27 down, 1.39 up. Not bad, just wish it was more consistent coverage.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    heading4tomorrow (03-26-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
    I ordered a device from NewEgg and am using it on T-mobile. However, they sent me the STL100-1, which isn't LTE capable, so I'll be returning it to NewEgg and picking up a device with AT&T most likely.

Despite being in what a T-Mobile coverage map calls "Excellent 4G/3G" I am mostly stuck on Edge. Occasionally it will switch over to "4G" (HSDPA+) coverage, but only in certain areas that are much more limited then the coverage map implies. Very disappointed with T-Mobile coverage in my area, especially since they are half the price of AT&T. One funny thing I did notice, at home I have "4G" coverage unless I'm trying to use the device. If I'm not doing anything with the phone it shows "4G", as soon as I try to use data it switches to "E", stop using data, it switches back to "4G". Strange.

Just ran a data test while on Edge, 567ms Ping , 0.12Mbps Down , 0.05Mbps Up

I'll run it again in an area that says "4G" and post those as well.
    The STL100-1 doesn't have Tmo's 1700 frequency. The STL100-3 (RFF91LW) says it doesn't but once it's unlocked the 1700 frequency is enabled (assuming that is software unlocked).

You are using TMO's reframed 1900 network which is currently split between EDGE and 3G/4G... thats why your coverage is more spotty then the average TMO customer who had a phone with the 1700 frequency (RFF91LW and RFK121LW)

The RFF91LW and RFK121LW are the same phone hence the same top level model number (STL100-3). It's just that the RFK121LW has the 1700 band on the box and it's enabled without needing to unlock it.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,290 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B09BE0D

Actually, I did the same thing.. after talking with att tech dept... They said new egg's phone will not work under 4g or LTE... will return it and pick one up on friday...
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by tlegend2012 View Post
    Actually, I did the same thing.. after talking with att tech dept... They said new egg's phone will not work under 4g or LTE... will return it and pick one up on friday...
    yes, new egg needs to update their listing. I send an email to them about it and their reply was, "our information on our website is what the manufacturer has given to us".
    CrackBerry User

what about the stl100-2, will it work with t-mobile HSPA+, and if so how do you unlock the bandwith or the apn?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I recently just purchased a RFF91LW model STL100-3 for my tmobile account. It was unlocked already so I just popped in the sim and got instant 4G tmobile network. The blackberry logo took maybe 15 mind to show up.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Nope, that is the UK version and doesn't carry the correct US HSPA+ bands. You'll be stuck on EDGE. The RFF91LW or RFK121LW, both are STK100-3 are the way to go.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Core_Frequency View Post
    The STL100-1 doesn't have Tmo's 1700 frequency. The STL100-3 (RFF91LW) says it doesn't but once it's unlocked the 1700 frequency is enabled (assuming that is software unlocked).

You are using TMO's reframed 1900 network which is currently split between EDGE and 3G/4G... thats why your coverage is more spotty then the average TMO customer who had a phone with the 1700 frequency (RFF91LW and RFK121LW)

The RFF91LW and RFK121LW are the same phone hence the same top level model number (STL100-3). It's just that the RFK121LW has the 1700 band on the box and it's enabled without needing to unlock it.
    Is there a way to tell that the 1700 band enabled once the phone is unlocked and on tmobile? Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    no

Quote Originally Posted by eljeffreynyc View Post
    Is there a way to tell that the 1700 band enabled once the phone is unlocked and on tmobile? Thanks.
    I'm not sure... I wish I knew.

I want to see if my Z10 is using the refarmed 1900 or the AWS frequency... I guess I need to go to a place that is not refarmed.

truth51187 seemed to go to an area that didn't have the 1900 frequency refarmed and he was still able to get 3G/4G

***update***

I just tested my z10 with my brother's iphone and I got 4G while he was stuck on edge... so if my RFF91LW could only use tmo's refarmed 1900 frequency we would both be on edge.

So looks to me that my z10 is really using tmo's AWS frequency. I can't wait to see if my area will be one of the first to get LTE, so I will see that LTE logo
    Last edited by Core_Frequency; 03-22-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast