Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    PIN
    2891E655
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default we may have to wait till March 27th for BB10

So word on the street is we may have to wait till around March 27th for BB10. I honestly dont want to wait hahah. I'm sure similar questions have been asked but i'm wondering if there are any other carriers including non US carriers that will work on tmo's 4G network? I use to think it was not possible to get full 4G and only get 2G, but was curious if it was possible to get more than 2G. I live in NYC area if that means anything.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paintedeyes View Post
    So word on the street is we may have to wait till around March 27th for BB10.
    By "street" do you mean Waterloo, Bay Street or Wall Street?

Global Posts
    5,802 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

What "word on the street" are you talking about? The general consensus is that BB10 phones will be available by mid February...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    PIN
    2891E655
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

by street i mean by people who work for t-mobile. We'll be getting it later than most carriers it seems

Global Posts
    5,802 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

I can't help it if you're carrier's choosing to launch late. Maybe consider switching carriers?

...and are you due for an upgrade at this point anyway? And, beyond all that, in the grand scheme of things, does that 5 weeks really mean all that much?
    CrackBerry Genius

Usual trap.... As it is the carrieers that determine when they release a product not RIM.... in the case of tmobile it may very well be March 27 but when I checked with Roger Wirless in Canada.. they said it would probably be mid February.... A great example where a generalization is looked on as trolling... might suggest next time the OP post sonething like.... T Mobile to release BB10 March 27 rather than making sound like the date is for everyone..... life would be calmer for all concerned....
    kevinnugent likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    PIN
    2891E655
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

last i checked this was in the T-mobile forum? thus meaning it's for t-mobile. 2nd, i was asking if there are other carriers that will work on t-mobiles 4G network, I have yet to receive any answer remotely close to my question. I've been waiting for BB10 for about 2 years now so yes the extra 5 or so weeks would not be fun.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

last i checked this was in the T-mobile forum? thus meaning it's for t-mobile. 2nd, i was asking if there are other carriers that will work on t-mobiles 4G network, I have yet to receive any answer remotely close to my question. I've been waiting for BB10 for about 2 years now so yes the extra 5 or so weeks would not be fun.
    Thanks for the clarification. And thanks for creating this thread - more information is always better than less. And I believe this info - T-Mobile tends to launch later than Verizon and AT&T.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    PIN
    Never

I just hope that the z10 will have lte on tmo and not just hspa+. Want to be ready for lte rollout
    Blackberry Bold 9900 T-Mobile USA
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,404 Global Posts
    PIN
    INK STICK

I have heard end of March or early April as well!
    WIND mobile in Canada is compatible with TMO USA freq's
    BlackBerry Zed 10, PlayBook
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    PIN
    2891E655
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Finally a helpful post haha. Thanks! So wind can work on tmo's "4G" network?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,044 Global Posts

I'm sure similar questions have been asked but i'm wondering if there are any other carriers including non US carriers that will work on tmo's 4G network
    Advanced Wireless Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Disregard Telus/Rogers/Bell--they use the AWS band for LTE, whereas iirc TMO will be using the 1900MHz for its LTE. The rest of the listed carriers use the AWS band for 3G/HSPA+.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)

Global Posts
    6,044 Global Posts

Finally a helpful post haha. Thanks! So wind can work on tmo's "4G" network?
    Yes! You'll just need to make sure that the phone is unlocked. I'm using a WIND Galaxy S3 on TMO, and there have been no problems radio-wise.

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    Thanked by:
    Paintedeyes (01-08-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Wind will be there at launch from a little birdy. They have been carrier testing for a while now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DDF6E3

Here is some info from the tmonews site. According to their leak, March 27th is the date.

T-Mobile Roadmap Includes Blackberry 10, “Value Plan Only” Launch Dates | | TmoNewsTmoNews
    Owner of T-Mobile Bold 9780 and a 16GB Playbook
    @sectionsix
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    PIN
    2891E655
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

so looks like my friends were correct about the date. ugh i dont think i can wait till March 27th. hopefully Wind gets it sooner so i can just use that
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,859 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default we may have to wait till March 27th for BB10

"We" won't be waiting until March 27th but as it looks folks who are on T-Mobile will.

I expect Verizon and AT&T to launch shortly after the unveiling with T-Mobile and then Sprint to follow.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask me

I think T-Mo is releasing the Z10 on 3-27-2013 on purpose. According to T-Mo News, T-Mo will be be ending there subsides on 3-17 10 days before the Z10 comes to T-Mo which means we will be paying full price for the phone instead of getting a subsides discount.

Global Posts
    6,044 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toadyy View Post
    I think T-Mo is releasing the Z10 on 3-27-2013 on purpose. According to T-Mo News, T-Mo will be be ending there subsides on 3-17 10 days before the Z10 comes to T-Mo which means we will be paying full price for the phone instead of getting a subsides discount.
    I saw that article, but it offers no evidence for the 3/17 date. They link to an article which says nothing about 3/17 either.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    I saw that article, but it offers no evidence for the 3/17 date. They link to an article which says nothing about 3/17 either.
    If you look at the pic in that article the dates are there.
    Thanked by:
    raino (01-15-2013) 

Global Posts
    6,044 Global Posts

If you look at the pic in that article the dates are there.
    Oh wow. Good catch. I wonder if they're dropping subsidies for current customers at the same time, and if so, if they'll take subsidized pre-orders (like Verizon did a while back.)

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    Oh wow. Good catch. I wonder if they're dropping subsidies for current customers at the same time, and if so, if they'll take subsidized pre-orders (like Verizon did a while back.)
    Thanks. From my understanding of that article and pic YES, they will be dropping subsides for everyone on 3-17. That is when T-mo will stop offering there "Classic Plans" which are subsides.

Global Posts
    6,044 Global Posts

Thanks. From my understanding of that article and pic YES, they will be dropping subsides for everyone on 3-17. That is when T-mo will stop offering there "Classic Plans" which are subsides.
    Balls. Time to look into pre-ordering.

CrackBerry Master

Default Re: we may have to wait till March 27th for BB10

WOW. And bb10 surely won't be cheap off contact
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > White Z30
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Join dropbox for free cloud storage

Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by austriker View Post
    WOW. And bb10 surely won't be cheap off contact
    This is true. I think T-Mo will have some type of payment plan where you can pay it off over time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast