Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Want To Get BlackBerry Curve 8520, but im not sold yet...

So I'm In The U.S., I Have T-Mobile, and i have a simple plan, Unlimited Text-Limited Minutes. Some one locally is selling the BlackBerry Curve 8520 and I dont want to upgrade to a Data Plan, if im out with friends i dont need to be on the internet, and if im home i have Wi-Fi so my question is, can i just use my Wi-Fi to use my daily web pages, youtube, twitter, facebook, yahoo mail, and maybe others. ive read other threads and alot of posts are that wi-fi wont give as much as a data plan. but im fine with that, aslong as if i fo example see an add on facebook and it takes me to another page, it will like tell me that i cant get into that page, Not charge me...i hope if your reading you understand what im asking, if you dont well just post ill be on as much as possible
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    PIN
    29e0c3e7

I had the same problem as you before. I tried out the data plan for my blackberry curve 9360 for a month, and it was great... but I didn't use it as much as I hoped. It was very useful, really... WIth all the push applications blackberry has. But, the thing is, I didn't really need all those stuff...

So, I'm unsubscribing next this month, and just sticking with wifi hotspots which are practically available anywhere, anyway.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

so i really dont need a data plan for the curve 8520?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2BD01FD1

Quote Originally Posted by EliTheBoricua View Post
    so i really dont need a data plan for the curve 8520?
    You don't "need" a data plan. As long as you have WiFi, your web browser and Twitter will work. I have a couple BlackBerrys, and even if I don't have my sim card in them, and I accidentally leave them on, as soon as I get a mention on Twitter, I get a notification since the BlackBerrys I'm not using are still on my home WiFi network. To be SURE that you're not charged, I'd turn the Network to Off, that way you're using WiFi only at home.
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher