- CrackBerry Abuser
- 216 Posts
Turn off data service while roaming still receive email when travelling?
Got a $100 roaming charges on my recent trip and called TMo. The rep told me in order to avoid roaming charges I have to turn off data services while roaming as long as I add the BlackBerry International Roaming feature ($19.99 / momth) I can still send/receive emails.
- 01-25-2013, 12:24 AM #2
Not entirely sure of your question, yes you would need to turn off data services when roaming in order to prevent any unexpected charges while roaming. You can still connect to a wifi point if your phone supports it to pick up email etc.
By the sounds of it your carrier does offer some kind of bolt on to allow you to continue receiving emails while roaming but it would be worth checking the small print (I.e a daily data limit, email only with no web browsing etc.)
- CrackBerry Newbie
01-31-2013, 02:45 AM #4
- 1 Posts
do turn off data roaming when travelling
We always recommend to turn off data roaming while travelling, unless you subscribed to a data roaming package / bolt on before you travel in order to avoid avoid bill shock.
We have put together the top 10 mobile roaming tips to avoid a huge roaming bill, check it at Top 10 mobile roaming tips | Roaming Hub. Its not just data roaming that you need to turn off but also things like automatic updates, voicemail, location services, etc.
roaming hub | mobile roaming info, tips & prices | roaming hub providers
- By danny- in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-26-2012, 09:20 AM
- By CuRvEyCuRvE8900 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2009, 07:11 PM
- By BritishChick in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 02-23-2009, 04:25 PM
- By cajunflyboy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 0Last Post: 02-16-2009, 08:27 PM
- By vaughnq in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 3Last Post: 07-10-2007, 12:38 PM