So I fulfilled my contractual obligations 2yrs ago and have been a T-mo customer without being locked into a contract! I currently use a unlocked at&t torch and like the masses, I'm anxiously awaiting the release of new BB's on a US GSM network! I'm intrested in purchasing a hspa+ playbook, a 9900 and the torch2. My question is if any1 understands the legalities of the network carriers contract, if I outright purchase the aforementioned (if Tmo actually gets them) and let's say to get a reduced fair on the most expensive I agree to a 2yr contract, when and if AT&T acquires Tmo can that be used to get out of a contract? Any info in this regards is greatly appreciated...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-11 03:45 PM
    So I fulfilled my contractual obligations 2yrs ago and have been a T-mo customer without being locked into a contract! I currently use a unlocked at&t torch and like the masses, I'm anxiously awaiting the release of new BB's on a US GSM network! I'm intrested in purchasing a hspa+ playbook, a 9900 and the torch2. My question is if any1 understands the legalities of the network carriers contract, if I outright purchase the aforementioned (if Tmo actually gets them) and let's say to get a reduced fair on the most expensive I agree to a 2yr contract, when and if AT&T acquires Tmo can that be used to get out of a contract? Any info in this regards is greatly appreciated...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you buy your device outright, you continue to be off contract with T-Mobile and would continue to be so when AT&T finshes its takeover.
    07-24-11 04:00 PM
    Typically, all contracts will remain in place following a merger or buyout. If you enter into a contract now (for whatever reason), it will remain in force.

Those actions (merger or buyout) will not enable the contract to be broken by the consumer.
    07-24-11 04:01 PM
    If it's anything like AT&T wireless + Cingular, I would sign a new contract when the deal is over. The reason I say this is because with AT&T wireless, they allowed those customers to switch over w/ full upgrade eligibility even if they weren't eligible, just to get customers to switch over to the Cingular side.

I almost wish I had a T-mobile line that was either out of contract or almost out, just so I can do that.
    K Bear likes this.
    07-24-11 04:16 PM
    If it's anything like AT&T wireless + Cingular, I would sign a new contract when the deal is over. The reason I say this is because with AT&T wireless, they allowed those customers to switch over w/ full upgrade eligibility even if they weren't eligible, just to get customers to switch over to the Cingular side.

I almost wish I had a T-mobile line that was either out of contract or almost out, just so I can do that.
    That was pretty much the case with me when Sprint screwed over, umm I mean, purchased Nextel
    07-24-11 05:06 PM
    Part of the problem is that AT&T plans to use T-Mobiles HSPA+ network frequencies to deploy LTE. When they do this I think T-Mobile customers in those areas will only have 2G data. Personally hoping that the merger doesn't happen. I want to and probably will switch to T-mobile when the new Berries come out and I don't like AT&T.
    07-25-11 09:48 AM
    Just making one of the Duopolies bigger
    07-25-11 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD