Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Duvi
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default AT&Ts T'mo acquisition and your contract...

So I fulfilled my contractual obligations 2yrs ago and have been a T-mo customer without being locked into a contract! I currently use a unlocked at&t torch and like the masses, I'm anxiously awaiting the release of new BB's on a US GSM network! I'm intrested in purchasing a hspa+ playbook, a 9900 and the torch2. My question is if any1 understands the legalities of the network carriers contract, if I outright purchase the aforementioned (if Tmo actually gets them) and let's say to get a reduced fair on the most expensive I agree to a 2yr contract, when and if AT&T acquires Tmo can that be used to get out of a contract? Any info in this regards is greatly appreciated...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zarzamora_connoisseur View Post
    So I fulfilled my contractual obligations 2yrs ago and have been a T-mo customer without being locked into a contract! I currently use a unlocked at&t torch and like the masses, I'm anxiously awaiting the release of new BB's on a US GSM network! I'm intrested in purchasing a hspa+ playbook, a 9900 and the torch2. My question is if any1 understands the legalities of the network carriers contract, if I outright purchase the aforementioned (if Tmo actually gets them) and let's say to get a reduced fair on the most expensive I agree to a 2yr contract, when and if AT&T acquires Tmo can that be used to get out of a contract? Any info in this regards is greatly appreciated...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you buy your device outright, you continue to be off contract with T-Mobile and would continue to be so when AT&T finshes its takeover.
    (AT&T)Nokia 5110(2001)-->(Cingular)Nokia 6102i (2007)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Pearl 8120 (2008)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Bold 9700(2010)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2010)--> (Sprint) HTC Evo 4G White (2011)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2011)--> (AT&T) HTC Inspire 4G (2011)(AT&T)HTC Vivid (2012)-->(Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III White
    ~K Bear~
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

Typically, all contracts will remain in place following a merger or buyout. If you enter into a contract now (for whatever reason), it will remain in force.

Those actions (merger or buyout) will not enable the contract to be broken by the consumer.

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point Accuracy

If it's anything like AT&T wireless + Cingular, I would sign a new contract when the deal is over. The reason I say this is because with AT&T wireless, they allowed those customers to switch over w/ full upgrade eligibility even if they weren't eligible, just to get customers to switch over to the Cingular side.

I almost wish I had a T-mobile line that was either out of contract or almost out, just so I can do that.
    CrackBerry.com Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Forum Guidelines | MarketPlace Guidelines
    My Twitter | The Genesis Blog
    My Marketplace Feedback
    K Bear likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    you probably aren't going to get it

Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    If it's anything like AT&T wireless + Cingular, I would sign a new contract when the deal is over. The reason I say this is because with AT&T wireless, they allowed those customers to switch over w/ full upgrade eligibility even if they weren't eligible, just to get customers to switch over to the Cingular side.

I almost wish I had a T-mobile line that was either out of contract or almost out, just so I can do that.
    That was pretty much the case with me when Sprint screwed over, umm I mean, purchased Nextel
    Why was God able to create the world in 7 days? He didn't have an installed base!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,598 Global Posts

Part of the problem is that AT&T plans to use T-Mobiles HSPA+ network frequencies to deploy LTE. When they do this I think T-Mobile customers in those areas will only have 2G data. Personally hoping that the merger doesn't happen. I want to and probably will switch to T-mobile when the new Berries come out and I don't like AT&T.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Just making one of the Duopolies bigger