Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,007 Global Posts
    PIN
    You say potato, I say vodka.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Tmobile Plans...

So does Tmobile still have the even more plus stuff going on?

The one that you can put a down payment on a phone, and pay it off on your monthly bill?

Or did that go the way of the dinosaurs?
    "The Philosopher has never killed any Priests, whereas the Priest has killed a great many Philosophers."
    -Denis Diderot
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

EM+ plans are no longer offered. The only way you can do the Extended Installment Plans is by getting one of the "Value Plans" which are contract plans. EM+ plans were off contract plans. The catch is, on the "Value Plans" you still have to pay full price for the phone. Also, on the EM+ plans you would pay one payment (1/20th of the phone cost) plus all the tax then pay off the rest monthly. NOW, you have to pay the subsidized price (Bold 9900 $299.00) and THEN pay the rest of the FULL PRICE off monthly.

I am leaving T-Mo shortly. Their customer service has been terrible lately and this "payingfull price for a phone while on contract" is ridiculous. This opens all sorts of future issues. I understand the "Value Plans" are cheap but you definitely get what you pay for...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    xxxxpradaxxxx (08-31-2011) 

Global Posts
    6,007 Global Posts
    PIN
    You say potato, I say vodka.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks a ton for answering my question!
    "The Philosopher has never killed any Priests, whereas the Priest has killed a great many Philosophers."
    -Denis Diderot
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

No problem. Its funny. I'm ON the Even More Plus plan but they keep trying to tell me I can't use the EIP benefit. Interesting. Pretty convenient for THEM...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,503 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin: her: down: on: a: photograph: album: I: am: not: worried: I: am: not: overly: concerned:

I am also on the EM+ plan and I am beyond frustrated with these changes.

Back in May (IIRC) I logged in and saw what my ELC was. It was clear to me that my previous EIP payments would be completed at approximately the same time the new Bold was available - perfect timing (and let's ignore the obvious consumer/tech-cycle manipulation).

Now, T-Mo has conveniently made unilateral changes to the EIP so as to require a new 2-year contract in order to take advantage of their financing. Granted, the financing is a luxury....but so is charging $600 off-contract for a new phone.

Regardless, I'm probably going to wait for T-Mo to realize (via stagnant inventory) that they might want to reconsider their price points.

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts

I actually switched from my EM+ plan to the equivalent Value plan today. I'm pretty happy with it. The same plan is $49.99 as opposed to $59.99. I pay more up front for the phone, about half the cost plus all taxes, and less in monthly additions to my bill. I compared it to a similar plan on Verizon and with total cost of phones and monthly charges on each side I would still be saving about $1,000. Plus this phone is freaking awesome.