Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Tmo $49.99 Unlimited Loyalty Plan Comes With A Catch

Last edited by Queen4111; 03-02-2009 at 03:32 PM.
    BB 7105t--->BB 8320 Curve--->BB 9530 Storm--->BB 8900 Curve --->BB 9550 Storm 2

What's still missing: The consensus is that the iPhone still has some significant deficiencies. / http://crackberry.com/blackberrious-maximus-airport
    http://crackberry.com/blackberrius-m...ne-and-one-all

Global Posts
    30,955 Global Posts
    PIN
    In Semi-retirement

And what doesn't come with a catch? No plan for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Has this been released other than the San Francisco area?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ATA PARTY!

Quote Originally Posted by quinnfallensol View Post
    Has this been released other than the San Francisco area?
    I called and its not available in Chicago, Illinois.

The CSR did give me 200 bonus minutes for free though...
    PIN:24AAAA02
    Proud Owner Of Blackberry Curve 8900 [4.6.1.174]
    CrackBerry User

Thank You! The rep I just talked to wants it released sooner rather than later so people will stop calling.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,313 Global Posts
    PIN
    I itch in places that should never itch!

I don't look at this as being a catch, at least not for those not planning to jump ship.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 03-02-2009 at 01:36 AM.
    Da Bear
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2240F8C6

well, im now signed up for the loyalty plan... i think its a pretty good deal than paying 70 for 1000min w/unlimited nights/weekends when i can pay 20 more for unlimited everything minus bb data plan and text msging
    Current Devices In Use: bold 9900&9800
    Past Devices: Unlocked 9800, 9700, 8900, 8320, 8120, 8100, iPhone 3G 16gb
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yeah, but no contract is required unless it varies. I logged in to MyT-Mobile and it said no contract. Did you sign a new one, AZN?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    PIN
    286FACOB

Ok---

I went onto mytmobile and the splash screen advertising this plan did not come up.

I then went to the "Change Plans/Service" section and it was available there.

I selected it, and it told me it would take affect on my next billing cycle start (15 March)

*Note

I currently have a past due balance on my account, it was cancelled and reactivated just last week. When i called just now, they still have me listed as a customer since 2006 AND there was no contract extension (current contract expires NOV/2010) AND my Corp discount (U.S. Army) is still active and will be applied to my new rate plan.

So i'm not sure where the customer loyalty part really comes into play... i had a HUGE balance on my account and i just paid the bulk of it off with $276 still past due. I've had some pretty large bills in the past that i did not always pay off on time (but did get paid off) so as far as someone having to have had perfect service for 22 months in order to get this plan is not true.

Again, it was not advertised, but once i searched for it on my-tmobile it was available!

P.S.

Last week i DID change my billing/# to a SanFran area which i am planning to change back now that i have the plan so as far as nationwide availability i can not confirm.
    Old enough to know better, and too young to care.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

I'm going to have to call again.
    I have 3 more months left on my contract and was planning on resigning if I can get the BB 8900 at a fair upgrade price.

I do NOT want to extend my contract for a phone plan.
    For a new phone - yes, plan - no.

What's still missing: The consensus is that the iPhone still has some significant deficiencies. / http://crackberry.com/blackberrious-maximus-airport
    CrackBerry Abuser

The splash screen says no contract extension required.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Got it!

I talked to 3 reps, and the second rep was WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No contract extension!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

so I get unlimited calling? unlimited BB data plan? unlimited text messagin? if I sign up for this customer unlimited loyalty?
    or is it just a calling plan?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Unlimited Voice/Blackberry Data Services (single line): $84.98 TOTAL

Nationwide Service
    LD/Voicemail/Conference Calling
    Caller ID/Call Waiting/Call Forwarding
    Unlimited Anytime Minutes ($49.99)
    Unlimited Blackberry Data with Unlimited Text ($34.99)

CrackBerry User

I asked about the extended contract and if you call in , you will not be extended. I swear on everything in the world.

I phoned in for my mother to upgrade her plan to the unlimited and she still had a year left , and now she has no contract. and I asked why they did that , " so you are encouraged to upgrade your blackberry" so thats cool eh?
    Newbie to the berry fields
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts

just did it online a splash screen came up so I did it from there
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask first

It is in chicago. I have 4 accounts and i got all but one on the plan. was a little pissed that the family plan i have setup would not let me change it. said i have 6 months b4 i can do it. but really.....come on 4 accounts all paid on time no issues. Isn't that loyalty? Oh well. still saving of 135.06 a month between the three.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jamessutton3 View Post
    I asked about the extended contract and if you call in , you will not be extended. I swear on everything in the world.
    You don't have to call in for the no contract extension. It says very clearly online that no contract extension is required.
    CrackBerry Genius

Yep, just called it and got the plan. I've only been with T-Mobile since April '08. I didn't have to extend my contract, thank goodness.
    "If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." -Emily Dickinson
  20. wnm
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,912 Global Posts
    PIN
    K Pussycat Boutique

So if you actually loyal to TMO you don't get any breaks. I've been with TMO before there even was a TMO.
    No one can hear you scream in cyberspace.
    ------
    Democracy: A form of government where the leader is chosen by popularity rather than the ability to run a country.
    If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by wnm View Post
    So if you actually loyal to TMO you don't get any breaks. I've been with TMO before there even was a TMO.
    Then you should be able to get it. Why do you think you can't?
    CrackBerry Genius

Like I said, i've only been with Tmo since mid '08. Although my account is in good standing (I pay the bill on time), I'm no where near 22 months.

Just call in and ask for it, and go through Retentions. Should work.
    "If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." -Emily Dickinson
    CrackBerry User

yea I have been with them since 97 when it was voicestream. so I was good.

But my mother just switched to tmobile on christmas and she " qualified " so maybe it just isn't in your area yet to switch over? I dunno?

Heck of a deal tho. Can't deny that. And I am loving the storm and the killer plan compared to what verizon would charge me.
    Newbie to the berry fields
    CrackBerry Addict

I called to have this done. I've had the $99/mo unlimited voice/text plan so this seemed like a no brainer. I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't lose my $20/mo unlimited BlackBerry data and $20/ international BlackBerry data plans and they confirmed it to me. The only other change I made was to add the $5/mo for 400 text messages.

Hope they worked out the CBE on this one...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thumbs up

Just called (Im in Chicago) and they moved me to this deal. Unlimited voice/Unlimited Web/Unlimited Text for $84.98???

I was paying $10 less for 1500 minutes and 400 text so this is awesome. I always went over 400 text messages and sometimes over my minutes so now...no worries.
    Last edited by zorak; 03-04-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast