Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    BlackBerry Diva

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default For those of us planning to buy the Z10 next month from T-Mobile....

Hi fellow T-Mobile users,

Having read over and over again on CrackBerry that the salespeople at carrier stores do all they can do to deter people from buying BlackBerrys, lets start planning now!

What will you do if a salesperson gives you second class treatment for wanting to buy the Z10?

I will ask to speak to the manager, and tell the manager that if his salepeople don't want to sell the Z10, I will find another store that does want to sell it.
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    CrackBerry User

I'm still buying my Blackberry regardless I'm not letting anybody stop me
    big_time2 likes this.
    BlackBerry Diva

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Oh trust me, no one is going to stop me from buying the Z10. I just won't buy it from a store with salespeople who think that they can sell me a phone i don't want.
    ~DENISE~

westiewanderer likes this.
    CrackBerry User

tmobile salepeople just try to sale andriod phone to everyone. its like if they get some comission if they ssale a certain amount of andriod phones

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

I brought my z10 to tmobile to buy a pay-go sim in Manhattan at 23rd & 5th and there were 6 or 7 staff on the floor, it might have been shift change as i had never seen that many staff on at that store. They were all really excited to check out the Z10. I was actually surprised, they all had some sense of the new phone and seemed extremely interested in getting it in their store. They got the swipe UI immediately. I don't understand why rim is not just selling unlocked directly to consumers.
    CrackBerry Addict

I went in the other day to help my mother in law pick up a new phone and I asked if they had received any training on it yet. The girl said they had not, but she is super excited for the phone to come to the network. She was telling me that she's starting to hate her S3 for various reasons, so she can't wait to try it out. It kind of surprised me to be honest...
    BB Bold 9700 on T-Mobile bridged to 64GB Playbook (The pair handles 98% of my computing needs!)
    Author of BB Boss (dev.bbboss@gmail.com)
    Download the most recent release here:
    All Windows Platforms Version 2.2:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8hj9f0....2%20Setup.exe
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,099 Global Posts
    PIN
    79ac4611

Default Re: For those of us planning to buy the Z10 next month from T-Mobile....

Quote Originally Posted by ffejrobins30 View Post
    I went in the other day to help my mother in law pick up a new phone and I asked if they had received any training on it yet. The girl said they had not, but she is super excited for the phone to come to the network. She was telling me that she's starting to hate her S3 for various reasons, so she can't wait to try it out. It kind of surprised me to be honest...
    I got a similar reaction from a sales rep on the phone. She was very eager to get a Z10 for herself.
    CrackBerry Genius

BTW, saying different store they'll say walk. Tell them different CARRIER. Then they (should) be more accomodating.

I'm with ATT, though.
    big_time2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts
    PIN
    25B1B168

What model is your z10 and where did you get it from I don't want to buy it and be stuck on 2g
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2b9a3c0a

I don't give a sh1t how the salespeople treat me. They mean absolutely nothing to me. I know what I want, and I'm going to get the Z10 the day it launches on T-Mobile.
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher
    raino likes this.

Global Posts
    5,280 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Since the Z10 will be the newest handset out there for a couple of months, I'd be really surprised if that many salespeople steered that many customers away. We'll see.

"Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts

Since T-Mobile is getting rid of contracts I'd be interesting to see how the Z10 is priced and marketed on T-Mobile. . .
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

FYI ...I have a friend that works at tmobile and ive been reading alot about the 27th of march release and then that it has been moved forward a few weeks so i asked my friend and she said that they are trying to release it before Feb 28th but no exact date yet ... so maybe we can get our hands on one this month i know tmobile normally release to Businesses 1 week in advance before the public so maybe we should hear something anyday now ...
    BlackBerry Diva

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by ryandicioccio View Post
    FYI ...I have a friend that works at tmobile and ive been reading alot about the 27th of march release and then that it has been moved forward a few weeks so i asked my friend and she said that they are trying to release it before Feb 28th but no exact date yet ... so maybe we can get our hands on one this month i know tmobile normally release to Businesses 1 week in advance before the public so maybe we should hear something anyday now ...
    I hope your friend is right! Keep us informed.
    ~DENISE~

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

I am a T-Mobile sales rep in New Orleans and I'm a blackberry user since 2007.. I have a bold 9900 and patiently waiting for the Z10 myself.. Love blackberry and will continue to use it as my daily driver phone! To me nothing beats blackberry.. I sell what people needs are, I don't just sell SG3 or some other android phone.. For one I don't like android and I get a lot of complaints about the software.. But if someone is dead on about getting a note 2 or a sg3 then by all means its yours.. And if they ask me what device do I have, I proudly say blackberry and tell them why I choose bb.. So "we" aren't all the same some reps go for whatever contest we have out and sell that particular device and some actually do their jobs..

Sent from my iPad Mini 32GB using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    prlck

I'm rocking a Z10 on T-Mobile in the Washington, DC area. It works perfectly on a prepaid SIM. I walked in at the moment the store opened at 10 AM in the Tyson's Corner area. I pulled it out of my pocket and explained that I wanted a prepaid micro SIM with LTE data. He said "do you want to test a SIM first". Yes. He pulled a SIM from an Android on display. I stuck it in and at first got no data. I adjusted the Network Technology and my Z10 started buzzing like crazy as emails, BBMs and BBM group notifications came in. We did the deal to get me a SIM with unlimited voice, TXT and data. The guy got busy with other customers but an attractive young lady took over my transaction and she was really interested in the Z10. I showed her the peek, flow, gestures, keyboard and time shift. She was ready to snatch it from me.

I'm moving my family from Verizon to prepaid T-Mobile as soon as reasonable. I've been all over the Washington, DC metro area with my Z10 and bridging my PlayBook. It works awesome. I may move to a 2GB bucket account so I can have HotSpot. Right now though, Bridge gives me excellent Web browsing on my PlayBook everywhere I've tried it.

A CB member in Florida said T-Mobile is working fine on his Z10 and it looks like someone in this thread said it works in NYC as well.
    BB; I get the call, I get the email, I get the TXT, I get the work, I get the money. I get it.
    Thanked by:
    Nels (02-28-2013) 
    austriker and westiewanderer like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts

I def wont be deterred.....regardless of treatment! Ill be waiting for the Q....so this news filtering down from all the diff carriers about a little bit earlier arrival is getting me excited!
    ~ Still waters run deep ~
    BlackBerry Diva

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by jrohland View Post
    I'm rocking a Z10 on T-Mobile in the Washington, DC area. It works perfectly on a prepaid SIM. I walked in at the moment the store opened at 10 AM in the Tyson's Corner area. I pulled it out of my pocket and explained that I wanted a prepaid micro SIM with LTE data. He said "do you want to test a SIM first". Yes. He pulled a SIM from an Android on display. I stuck it in and at first got no data. I adjusted the Network Technology and my Z10 started buzzing like crazy as emails, BBMs and BBM group notifications came in. We did the deal to get me a SIM with unlimited voice, TXT and data. The guy got busy with other customers but an attractive young lady took over my transaction and she was really interested in the Z10. I showed her the peek, flow, gestures, keyboard and time shift. She was ready to snatch it from me.

I'm moving my family from Verizon to prepaid T-Mobile as soon as reasonable. I've been all over the Washington, DC metro area with my Z10 and bridging my PlayBook. It works awesome. I may move to a 2GB bucket account so I can have HotSpot. Right now though, Bridge gives me excellent Web browsing on my PlayBook everywhere I've tried it.

A CB member in Florida said T-Mobile is working fine on his Z10 and it looks like someone in this thread said it works in NYC as well.
    What is the cost for your prepaid plan?
    ~DENISE~

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,425 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dierre View Post
    What model is your z10 and where did you get it from I don't want to buy it and be stuck on 2g
    You'd want to get the STL100-3 RFK121LW variant.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by jrohland View Post

Which prepaid carrier are you using? Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eljeffreynyc View Post
    Which prepaid carrier are you using? Thanks.
    What part of T-Mobile Prepaid did you not notice?

I popped into the local TMo shop just to see what answer they would give as to when the new BBs would arrive.

"Probably not until the end of March." was the answer. As I was turning to leave, one guy says "We're hearing it should be the 27th."

The first guy turned and shushed him and he started to hedge, so I told them I wouldn't hold them to that date, but know there is some demand for it...
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm there day one. I had a chance to spend some time with the Z10 at the BlackBerry Experience Forum in Washington Thursday. It is a sweet device. The reps had all been using the Z10 a while and were raving about how the keyboard learns how and what you type. The browser was just brilliant.
    BlackBerry Proud Since 2000: 950 > 7230 > 7100t > 8700 > 8320 > 8900 > 9700 > 9780 > 9900 > Z10 > Now rocking the Z30!
    big_time2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    PIN
    Never

hoping ill still be able to get it subsidized. On a Fam plan and classic actually comes out cheaper in the end. Just want my Z10, no salesman is going to deter me from it.
    Blackberry Bold 9900 T-Mobile USA

Global Posts
    5,425 Global Posts

Default Re: For those of us planning to buy the Z10 next month from T-Mobile....

Quote Originally Posted by trueredsoxfan_58 View Post
    hoping ill still be able to get it subsidized. On a Fam plan and classic actually comes out cheaper in the end. Just want my Z10, no salesman is going to deter me from it.
    I'm in the same boat, but hoping to keep my upgrade until an official announcement (yes or no) is made about the Q10. Hopefully it's soon. I'll be renewing either way, it would be nice to get a subsidized phone too
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast